Reviews for Becoming Dean
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
I expect, your analysis is spot on. There are even things here I'd never thought of or read elsewhere, like how Dean developed his bad boy image and why it was cultivated. I've wondered at that since younger Dean, with his silence, and his general air of wanting to please coupled with not being noticed doesn't fit with the cocky, bad boy of his teens and of the bars and pool halls. It does come across as acting, a bit, and role play but now I also see more of why.
And I did wonder if they moved less when the boys were say grade school age.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I like your picture of how Dean grew up. He probably did sublimate himself in taking care of his family.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Interesting and nicely written. Great job! :)
Jill G. Lowrey chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Sad, hopeful, true... this is what went though my head when I thought of reviewing.

It was sad because for whatever reason, Dean wasn't a child. He grew up lying. He grew up guarded, walled off from humanity. He was fake all of his life to everyone just to hide the truth of the Supernatural from them. You really captured this idea beautifully and presented it openly and bluntly, as is fitting for Supernatural.

It was hopeful because for whatever reason some small part of me saw good in how he was raised. You gave these small rays of hope that Dean saw what he was doing as good. A great example would be how you focused on how Dean saw his father as a hero, a hero he would be someday. He was completely okay with not being thanked with having no recognition.

It was true in that it kept so much withe themes, spirit, thought, and way of Supernatural as a series and as a world within our own. It is true in other ways, but that is more self-reflective then series focused.

Thank you for sharing.
Mizra chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
How this story doesn't have more reviews is baffling to me. I think it's a great character study and works to delve into what makes Dean Winchester tick. Great job!
VeekaIzhanez chapter 1 . 6/20/2010