Reviews for Refiner's Fire
alorindanya chapter 6 . 4/4/2012
This really is wonderfully beautiful.
Princess Gakoshi chapter 6 . 7/24/2011
I didn't expect this, but I am happy to be surprised. I love the description of their children and I can tell that he will be a good father. Something else I'm glad was included was a little known, but very real truth. If that Enchantress had never crossed his path, it's possible that he never would've known Belle otherwise. The idea of who he might have been if she hadn't made such an impact on his life is something I'd rather not think about. I think this is a very beautifully done exploration of the Beast's point of view on his fatal mistake and ultimate redemption, and I mean that. I have yet to find another story for this theme that matches yours.
Princess Gakoshi chapter 5 . 7/24/2011
This is so beautiful. I came very close to crying at the end of this chapter. I don't think anyone has captured just how elated the Beast is to not only be human again after so long, but to know that he will get to spend a life with Belle after nearly dying as well as you have here. That is why I almost cried after reading this. You've done a wonderful job with your story, I congradulate you.
MyahLyah chapter 6 . 6/5/2011
Absolutely beautiful. Everything was beautifully written. Well done.
frustratedstudent chapter 6 . 3/21/2011
This story moves me: to laugh, weep, and smile as I haven't in a long time. I especially love how the Beast gets a glimpse of his future (I end up getting moved to tears at this part), and how he experiences his transformation-my favorite part of the film AND this story. I've been reading your other works, and I find them pretty good, but this stands out.
penpaninuSessh chapter 6 . 11/19/2010
DAMN just...DAMN! I am impressed, in awe, in tears, in joy, this story was so wonderful! It wasn't saccahrine like some fanfics of this film can be, it was honest, and breathtakingly described by your own wonderful talent. Thank you for making my night!
penpaninuSessh chapter 4 . 11/19/2010
"the world waits on love...it is humbled by love. It kneels before it in reverence..." OH MY GOD LYRICAL JUSTICE and holiness abounds, this made my mind flip in several images...WELL DONE! This is one of the best b&b stories I have read EVER.
penpaninuSessh chapter 3 . 11/19/2010
I find it ironic you got inspiration for the dancers from the Labyrinth "world falls down" scene, because your image of a child death reminded me of another henson project, the death child in episode one of The Storyteller. Bravo!
penpaninuSessh chapter 2 . 11/19/2010
this was chilling and well written...I'm going to chapter 3 now. this is WONDERFUL and still somewhat movie canon.
KiraJenLove chapter 6 . 11/14/2010
Wow, that was really good! Very well written. It reminds me of a vignette I wrote for "The Dark Crystal" on this site called "The Kiss", which also looks at the thoughts a character was having during a particular scene in the movie. Your epilogue makes me think of this picture!

Frodo Lives chapter 6 . 7/21/2010
This made me feel happy inside. It was wonderful, you are a great writer. I love the choice of names. I actually have a friend named Noel. Keep Writing!
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 6 . 7/18/2010
This is such a beautiful story, simple in its elegance and the images you create. This is the perfect, happy ending I'm sure the Disney animators had in mind when they wrote and drew the story. I'm so happy you got to the end. The transformation is one of the most powerful moments in any movie, ever, in my opinion. I like how you've taken it and turned it into an experience where the Beast has a brief chance to step back and really see how much he's changed, before he even knows he's going to become human again.

I also liked the little epilogue where we get to see Christophe as a ruler, husband and father, where the changes that took place during the movie have solidified into a new life for him and Belle.
Princess Gakoshi chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
That was certainly heart warming. I always believed that the Enchantress did the right thing that night. So nice to have her included in this. I like the wink at Glen Keane by having the quote he used for inspiration of the transformation put into this fic. I wouldn't have done it any other way.
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 4 . 7/10/2010
This is possibly my favorite chapter yet. They just keep getting better.

It's a mark of how much the Beast has changed that his first action on seeing the Enchantress is to apologize for the past. And I very much enjoyed your take on her: sort of a guardian angel figure, someone who only has his best interests at heart.

Your descriptions are so simple and beautiful. This whole chapter, particularly the part with the mirror, was an absolute pleasure to read.

I don't think I've seen Noel as the name of a son of Belle and the Prince, but it is an excellent choice.

Finally, I like that you included the Bible verse that Glen Keane had on his desk when he was drawing the transformation scene. That whole scene has always been a spiritually powerful one for me, and this story has only taken that notion and made it that much better.

Can't wait to read more!

Samoa
Princess Gakoshi chapter 3 . 7/5/2010
Oh my gosh! That was all I could say when I finished reading the third chapter. This chapter was amazing! You brought out the feelings of fear, longing, and surprise that you were seeking to create in this latest installment. I noticed you titled this chapter "Danse Macabre" after the famous musical piece. I find that ironic and fitting. I was listening to that music while reading this, and realized how well it went with the events of the chapter. I have a feeling we're coming close to the end now. I await the next update with great anticipation.