Reviews for A Hero Among Us
bluemarvel0 chapter 1 . 4/10
Great story with Clark meeting the 6teen gang before the series started.
Araytigre chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
That was Great, I just started reading Last Son. Another Author (phantom00) had used the first chapter of Book One, but changed his Foster-Parents from the Kents to the Parkers (who are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents), and named him Peter. Said Author did state in his AN that he had done this. So I had to take a look see at the original, and what else you did. That said, I was pleasantly surprised. I will read the first three Books on my Kindle, then Review them here as I finish them.

With this story (and I will also be reading A Day at the Mall too), I thought that it was both fun and humbling for Clark, he DID after all learn the lesson that his Father set him. I'm not familiar with "6teens", but after reading this, I'll look them up in the future. I was LOL at his reaction to the Roller Coaster, and I also thought that he had handled Tricia perfectly. Thank You. TTFN
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Very nice job on this, ecspecially feeting the whole thing into one chapter.
Cylon One chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Boy did I enjoy it.

It's fantastic.

Well told and sure kept my attention throughout until the end.

Clark Kent friends with the 6teen group before Caitlin was part of it.

Had to have been just about the most awesome thing I have ever read of anythig involving 6teen and Superman/Clark Kent.

The first one of telling of them together for me.

Again, just fantastic.
Kal Shaka Mel chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
This was incredible! Perfection, rivaled only by your other works! (I know, I sound like a crazed fan, but its true!) You should make a follow up! I'd read it! I can't wait for the Smallville Chronicles! Is it gonna be about Clark's childhood from Last Son? If so, awesome! If not, meh, I'd still read it. Keep up the good work!
Phygmalion chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Although I've never seen 6Teen, I have been following your Last Son fics for a while, and I have to say that I really enjoyed this one, not only for its' literary qualities, but also for some of its' content. My grandfather died about two weeks ago, and it was good to read what you had to say about Clark's parents dying. It really touched me, and helped me work out some of my feelings concerning his death. Thank you for the help. :)

darksnider666 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
wow, you gotta a knack of taking shows i don't really like and making them into fanfics i can love...god as much as i don't like 6teen, i honestly hope that they some how make it into a Last Son book...even if it's only one chapter. This was really good and very heart warming. like always good job and keep up the good work, oh and by the by i haven't reviewed the latest chapter of Last Son Book 3 yet but considering it is you, telling you that you did a great job would be redundent at this point (side note i can't spell to save my life). Also i had a small idea to throw at you for when Apocalypse makes his appearance (which i assume is book 4). Apocalypse and Brainiac could fuse like Lex and Brainiac did in Justice League. It could make sense in way considering in the comics Apocalypse used Cable to infect himself with the techno-organic virus that he had infected Cable with (time travel was involved) that way you don't have to bring Cable in (that would probably make people upset thinking everything the League and everyone is doing is pointless since the future is gonna end up crappy anyways). Anywho it's just an idea i thought of one day at work (i think about your stories alot, mostly trying to come up with my own ideas for stories, kinda of a what would he do when writing this kind of story). anyways wow, long winded myself, good job as always and keep the greatness coming
gambitx18 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
You should totaly do another one. A sequel with some othe JLA people.
draconous chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Wow I just found this fic and I have been a firm follower of your Last Son series. I have never heard of 6teen and found this cross to be rather interesting. Do you plan on incorporating the characters from here to the Last Son series in some way? Even not as major characters but maybe guest stars? Anyways keep up the good work.
Kamen Rider Chrome chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I like this. I like this a lot. I also got a 6teen fic, you know what you could do? Make up some sort of alternate Last Son story. It would be fun, right? Anyway, the interactions were awesome and true to the show. I loved it.
Melvide chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
I've never seen 6teen so I didn't know what to expect from this, but it was definitely good. You are an absolutely amazing writer, and anyone who says otherwise most definitely deserves to have something decidedly unpleasant happen to them. I have to place you in my Top Five Favorite writers, even though you have only written fan-fiction. If you ever write something original, drop me a line. I'll pick it up ASAP.
Lt. Cmdr. Radner chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Dude just... Wow man. Words cannot express what I feel about this story. If this delays the next chap of last son in any way it is a price worth paying. I was nearly brought to tears several times and am still a little weepy. Excelent job man and please update last son soon cause this will only tide me over for so long.

later true believer!
Jason Kreuger Myers chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
HAHAHA! Aw man! I LOVE 6teen! You are even more awesome than you already are dude!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh the clones LOL! Getting swarmed by those three is something I would not wish on anyone but a racist. Guess Clark is a real fashion disaster huh?

I like the skateboard lesson. It shows Clark is clueless about certain aspects of life.

Tricia getting owned was priceless LOL!

I liked Jude at the end cause it shows how he is much smarter than he appears to be.

So that test basically was about showing Clark how every life is precious and what-not? You really showed Clark as a teenager here with fears and insecurities. and how the test helps Clark, who is still in pain over John's death, move along and make him feel better.

The end was heartwarming and I at first thought that one of the gang was gonna be a mutant, but I guess not.

Anyway, hope to see Last Son updated soon. I am DYING to see what Anita's decision will be.

Also in Last Son I am hoping to see three other things before the end.

A confrontation with Cadmus (Whom the X-men and League should know about thanks to Ali)

A face to face meeting between Nightcrawler or Rogue and Graydon.

Sinister getting owned AGAIN LOL!

All I am crossing my fingers before the final story arc of Book 3.

Well, GREAT oneshot and hope to see more from you soon.

Sayonara Writer!
cra0422 chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Well this was an interesting surprise. I can't really say much about the characters from "6Teen" because I didn't watch the show but I thought this was an insightful story.

You really captured what Clark was like before he emerged as Superman. You tend to think of him as this all-powerful, infallible superhero, but we forget that he was a teen himself who had doubts and insecurities just like the rest of us. Life can be painful and short but there are also chances for hope and joy. We just have to let ourselves be open to them.

I like how Clark put Tricia in her place. One thing teens don't seem to realize is that they're in that stage where they're too old to be called children, but too young to be adults and usually just live in the moment. Like in Brad Paisley's song "Letter to me", it's hard to see past Friday night. For the "popular kids", what they don't realize is after they graduate, someone else will take their place and when (or if) they go back, only a few if any will remember them.

I do have to wonder how the group reacted to when Superman went public, espcially since Jude was right, lol.

Looking forward to your next "Last Son" chapter.
Sorakage Sama chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
This was a strange choice for an x-over, but it works. I say do a followup or two. This idea has some potential. Plus, I'd like to see the gang meet up with Clark again. I have a feeling a reunion would be well received by your fans (myself included).

Ja ne

Sorakage Sama

P.S. But first things first, before all of the above happens, I hope you get a chance to polish off the next chapter of Last Son book 3. I'm chomping at the bit to find out what happens next!