Reviews for Breathe
dksais54 chapter 24 . 5/22
This is my second time reading your story. I loved it so much. I read some reviews and it seems most people loved it. In particular, I liked Lizzy's response to her family. Her wedding day made me cry. I know the purpose of your story was not to deal with Kitty and Mary but would have liked more interaction with them. Mary and Charlotte are sort of my favorites, after Elizabeth and Darcy. I never thought that Jane and Charles went together. While Jane is always portrayed as this very sweet, nice, forgiving, blissfully ignorant woman and Charles is the male equivalent, I doubt their marriage would be a happy one. I like the occasional bad Jane and always love a crazy Caroline. I hope you think about writing more FF in the future. Thank you for posting your lovely story.
nigrumDraco1 chapter 17 . 5/15
I really must give you my compliments for this excellently written letter. I could practically feel the insult behind Janes "kind" words. It is truly masterfully written
Soraslove chapter 10 . 2/9
Ya i always though... charles and jane weren't really right for each other, tbh.
Soraslove chapter 8 . 2/9
This nerves indeed!
WendyJayne chapter 24 . 1/12
Engaging read. Interesting to push the secondary characters flaws to the extreme and let that play out. Outside of the Pemberley bubble, it's all a bit tragic and hopeless. Thanks for writing.
FireRose.77 chapter 24 . 1/9
after a certain point i was sad to se a total 180 in the style of writing, then scanned and skipped to see if it was a one-chapter occurrence... NOPE it wasn't. sad. was this story adopted, and finished by someone else?
FireRose.77 chapter 2 . 1/7
SO INTENSE! ! !

And then your phrase, "... Or Charles' sister." I laughed SO hard.
It was a masterful little nugget of humor!
Shay chapter 18 . 1/1
While I absolutely LOVE the plot and dialogue, I wish Elizabeth and Darcy could once hold a conversation without having sex. It's a little infuriating to have to start reading a conversation and slip through the chapter to find the rest of it because a sex scene is right in between. I am determined, though, to make it through.
Edward'sDJ chapter 24 . 11/26/2021
Very enjoyable to see Lizzy's enemies fall one by one.
Edward'sDJ chapter 16 . 11/26/2021
Poor Caroline
Edward'sDJ chapter 10 . 11/26/2021
Charles is very colourless
Edward'sDJ chapter 5 . 11/26/2021
Getting away from the Bennets is a definite perk of getting married
Edward'sDJ chapter 1 . 11/22/2021
Intriguing start
MelodieMLB chapter 17 . 11/3/2021
Thank you. I'm really enjoying your story.
Kelly chapter 15 . 10/4/2021
Hey there, I don't know if you know but Charles' situation is actually is more serious than you realise and wouldn't happen the way you've written it.

Firstly, he CAN walk unescorted with Emily since they're not engaged as long as it it is in a public place and they have been introduced. Secondly, she'd be terrified of being compromised until he declared himself because at the end of the day he could leave town and be fine and she'd be ruined. Literally ruined.

Thirdly, and most importantly, his engagement to Jane is legally binding. In those days, the father and husband to be would sign marriage articles which constitute a legally binding promise. If he broke that in any way, he would be sued for breach of promise. It's far more than keeping his gentlemanly word- it's a HUGE legal problem.

Finally, calling people out was illegal in regency England so her father wouldn't be so open about it, and also he had no cause based on the fact that all they did was take walks in public places (in full view of the road) and talk and laugh. Additionally, if he had a family, he'd never risk it by calling out a young and fit man- it would leave them destitute. Additionally, calling someone out was essentially an admission that the woman in question was ruined- usually only happened in the case of seduction OR breaking an existing engagement.

Story has some good ideas but you need to do a LOT more research. Also, you should have someone with Regency lingo experience read this because a lot of the language is very modern.