Reviews for In Every Sunflower
brideofthepotionsmaster chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
I thought this was extremely affecting, and beautifully written. You've got a good way with words. ;-)

It's quite a dilemma, isn't it, that this story poses? A couple, in fact. How to find a way to accept that some people, you just can't save; Amy must know, and I thought the Doctor DID know, that Vincent's problems were too terrible for even love to surmount. (In an era like our own, where people are so much more accepting of behaviors outside the norm than the Victorians were, he might at least have not been so lonely and ostracized...sigh...)

Then also, there's the question of time: you have to ask yourself, WOULD it be so wrong to try? What if, somehow, you succeeded, and Van Gogh had lived years longer, painted more? I've no doubt that his work would still have been legendary and massively influential and loved; it was beginning to be so even within a few years of his death, and I am sure the process was inevitable. (If only he could've survived a little longer...)

In any case, mightn't it be true, in some unknowable cosmic plan, that, having gone to him, met him, made that connection, to then NOT save him would be the act that would go against "what was meant to be"? What if your intervention was written all along? What if, overall, the balance of what you might have changed was weighted heavily towards the positive-and again, was what was meant to be, not "a wound in time" as the 9th Doctor might have said? I mean, Einstein DID say that he believed the nature of time was not linear...

Van Gogh was a good man, a compassionate man, a deeply spiritual man who tried to do good for others in his short life, despite his own anguish-originally he wanted to be a minister and in his 20s, he absolutely devoted himself to that, to helping others, with the same passion he later poured into his art. (But as usual, his own intensity and fierce integrity put people off, and his superiors rejected him-hence his remaking himself as an artist, something he had always considered.)

If he had survived, gained some measure of control over his illness, lived a long life, what wonderful things might he have done in the world? We'll never know. That's just one question the Doctor and Amy must ask themselves.

Time travel is confusing. LOL. But this story pulls all these questions to the forefront in such a painful way. You can't not consider them and it tangles you up. I've always loved Van Gogh, ever since I was a kid, but that's not the only reason I loved this canon, AND what you did with it! Thanks!

Honestly, I thought they missed an interesting opportunity to have Vincent be a full-fledged companion for a bit; it helped that not only is he an extraordinarily compelling character but also-just one of those accidents of fate-Curran's performance and his chemistry with Gillan and Smith were SO over the top amazing, it's even more of a shame there'll be no more.

(If you ever get a whim to write more along these lines...please don't hesitate...!)
Ginger-Snapp chapter 2 . 11/12/2012
Yes, that is most definetly something I'd like to see. I'd really enjoy some Vincent POV, mostly canon though. Their doomed resolution ship
Is what makes it so beautiful.
Rosanthium chapter 2 . 8/9/2012
Question, and i know its a stupid one but when they had sex they didnt use any contraception a.k.a condoms, which i dont think were around bak then, and i dont kno if Amy was taking birth control sooooo does this mean she could/is pregnan?
Casey chapter 2 . 5/15/2012
Absolutely lovely. I'm glad someone else out there ships Vincent and Amy- and someone who did such a great job writing it!
caradarling chapter 2 . 5/5/2012
This fic was absolute perfection. Vincent and Amy are my ultimate OTP for Doctor Who and this just made me love them even more. I literally cried at the end! Beautifully written with lots of emotion. You're brilliant!
caradarling chapter 2 . 5/5/2012
braceface freak chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Is there more? PLEEEEEEASE write more, I'm loving this and I really want to know what's up with the Doctor!
wolfchasing chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
*screams in frustration* Now, that's just not fair. :P

Excellently written and can't wait for the next bit!

Wolf. x
Ellie Mae Thompson-Holmes chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
You have GOT to continue very, VERY soon! I Love it! I felt for Vincent as well,

and I knew... that well, he was still going to die. It was weird, the episode, how it felt, how I was connected to it. Now, I'm rambling...

LOL, your story, is absolutely DASHING! :) Update very soon!

Always,

Ellie
ave-caesar chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
I just watched thus episode, and man, these two! I didn't expect there to be a story of them but, ta-da! And on the same day! Wow. Great job! Gingers to the max!

Jazzie