Reviews for Through Elven Eyes
A-zla chapter 4 . 9/28/2004
Ai, such a lovely story! MORE, PLEASE!

It's so lovely...
skinnyrita chapter 4 . 7/19/2004
oh dear gods that was strange

and good

and continue

and...and...

i love you because i've never read anything like this!

xkisses all round!x
Guest chapter 4 . 5/31/2004
More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More!

Plotbunnies have interesting ideas!
Guest chapter 4 . 5/24/2004
interesting-whoa.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
WHAT? its twisted!
Dragon Queen chapter 4 . 10/2/2003
It's really, really funny. Caterpillars! You should eventually right a sequal in which Legolas goes with Gimli to a dwarf kingdom and turns into a dwarf. That would be REALLY funny.
HellaK chapter 4 . 8/26/2003
*ROFL* First I thought this kind of fic was a real silly one, but... *LOL* I'ts hilarious! I love it!
HardlyFatal chapter 4 . 8/24/2003
This is lovely! Are you going to finish it?
Mantindomiel chapter 4 . 5/6/2003
I love this scenario! Gimli had the sweetest reaction to the caterpillar! - Nothing but compliments and hugs for the plotbunnies.
Legola Lu chapter 4 . 2/27/2003
Excellent story, I love how you described the difference in vision and tastes elves and dwarves have. Please please write more soon, if you don't I will feel really awful until you next update, really it is that good. Hope you update for my and all other readers' sakes!
Gardeners Grow Love chapter 3 . 2/22/2003
Hi Skyfire,

Me again. I just finished reading this story to my little sister, as I felt I had to share the humour of it. ) She laughed her way through it, even though she knows very little about LOTR. She just wanted to express her appreciation and hope that you would continue this story, although she's hesitant to leave a review herself (lazy little thing; she's sitting right beside me too!).

Her own words: PLEASE CONTINUE! Your stories are funny. )

I hope you take her up on her suggestion.
Gardeners Grow Love chapter 4 . 2/22/2003
Hi Skyfire,

This is the first time I've reviewed any of your stories but I have a terrible habit of being a lurker. In other words, I've pretty much read your entire portfolio of word without leaving so much as a word of my own in exchange. *looks down at feet*. I'll try to remedy that problem in the future. Anyway, I love the humor you have going here. Poor Gimli; an elf! I'm surprised he didn't go through a bout of self-loathing. Hmm. as for feeding plot bunnies, I would dearly love to see something that would hint at the elven grace and lightness. I imagine Gimli finding himself being pushed over by one of the hobbits because he's suddenly so lightweight. Having him travel through the forest on the branches of the mallorn would also be something of an adventure. providing he doesn't get distracted by another catepillar. Another suggestion would be having him pick up his axe and suddenly find himself unbalanced by such a cumbersome object weapon. Or writing a conversation between the former dwarf and a tree. That would certainly be quite a scene! Imagine, a dwarf talking to a tree. Just to indulge, I also suggest having elven maidens 'put the moves' on Gimli, initiating a contest between him and the Prince of Mirkwood as to who makes the better elf. ;) Personally, I think Gimli has potential to be an excellent elf. He already makes a very pretty one, I would think.

Judging from Glorfindel and Elrond's activities in some of your other stories, I see that you do not object to slash. So I have a request that I would VERY much like to see. There is a shortage of good L/G slash, especially humourous stories, that I feel it is my duty to compel you to make this story one. *Looks with big bright eyes* Pretty please? The story itself begs for it!

I hope this review inspires you to write another chapter soon.
NectonMinako chapter 4 . 2/15/2003
Can't wait till you up-date this story. Looking forward to what happens to Gimli next!)
Willow chapter 4 . 1/7/2003
Here's some cyberlettuce for your plotbunnies:

The plot seemed good and very original. I've read lots of LOTR fanfics, and I've never seen another one about Gimli turning into an elf. The characters seemed true to their Tolkien selves, except it seemed odd that Gimli allowed Legolas to help him and confided in him so quickly. Also, you could put something about wine in: I think if Gimli woke up and found himself an elf one day, the first thing he'd do would be to get himself roaring drunk! (Unless someone stopped him) Also, would Galadriel want to come to check on the "success" of her counsel?
Nagia chapter 4 . 12/17/2002
::giggles, and feeds plotbunnies:: How do you write humor? My humor isn't even /there/! And you do it /so well/! ::is jealous::

But still...