Reviews for Hopelessness, Recklessness, Resolution, Relief
MichaellaD chapter 3 . 8/25/2014
How about Lisbon the policewoman? (As a rhyme?)
MichaellaD chapter 2 . 8/25/2014
So with my super eagle eyes I'd failed to notice that there is not only a second but a third chapter here. I earnestly forgive you. And commend your prescience in bringing Mashburn back.
MichaellaD chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
"It was a good system. It worked. It was practical, sensible and unbelievably efficient.
She hated it."

Great line. But I'm mad you stopped after one chapter!
sharpestsatire chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
Oh, there HAS to be a sequel to this! I adore this one too!
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 3 . 9/8/2011
Wow, this one was very interesting! Loved it!
canisedocanis chapter 3 . 9/18/2010
I utterly loved it. I adored it. I am adding this to my favourites.

I love the part where sex with Jane is described as 'therapy'

I love how you keep them in character, Jane isn't a nice guy (personally, I don't think he's good enough for Lisbon, yet)

I LOVE how it ends with them deciding to be miserable together, it's just so...them.

A superb piece of writing. I'd actually go as far as saying 'literary masterpiece'
dogeatdog chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
It's good to see Lisbon getting out and letting her hair down. You have her psyche down to a T. I love that jane is getting all worried, it's good to see that he cares.

My favourite lines are "Something was rotten in the state of Lisbon" and "He knew something was radically wrong in Lisbon land"

Lisbon Land - I want to go there ;)
Chiisana Minako chapter 3 . 7/21/2010
AWW! Seriously? You weren't sure about this part?

It's just that..

I love how you make them argue and have the talk they need to without it sounding weird nor teenager-ish. Also, it's really marvelous how you manage to make the conversation have insinuations of something more but at the same time, not.

Mashburn's departure was smooth, and totally 'him', kinda disappointed, but not really hurt. Nor was she.

You totally had me hanging before she found Jane outside her house. I didn't expect it -the fic hasn't been what usual Lisbon-dating-fics are, and I'm glad :)- so it had me smiling.

Do I need to say that I found the ending incredibly sweet? It's subtle, they're friends, maybe more than that. And she'll be there for him too on his mutual agreement.

I'm still in silly-smiling mood.

Chiisana Minako chapter 2 . 7/21/2010
Oh God. This was FUN! So much fun! You were totally right. As for now, I think it's good as friendship/romance ;)

I fell in love with one line, it actually made me chuckle! (and that's not easy :P)

"She grinned to herself. That's right you smug bastard, she thought."

This was excellent. Seriously. I never thought I'd enjoy reading Lisbon's date with another man, even if it's not something meant to be long-term. You have magical writing powers to draw me into the story, even when I have a LOT of noise around me now, I couldn't help but keep reading.

This was so entertaining, funny, witty and sweet (and intrusive) from Jane.. as she was worried about him at the ending, if we didn't have that part where we know what Jane is thinking when he decides to back off, I'd say it was all part of his plan.

Can't wait for the last part :)!
Chiisana Minako chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I've been incredibly lazy to read lately, who knows why. But! I've always enjoyed your fics, especially if they don't involve heavy angst endings -because they kill me xD.

I love how you capture the voice of the characters, and I might be a bit biased because I totally adore Lisbon, but a fic centering about her, dealing with stuff I imagine she does, it's wonderful. It seems like a progression of things, something I can definitely see happening on the show, as well as her not saying anything, Jane concerned but not acting instantly..

And with all the previous construction, you made me grin like an idiot when he asked what her plans were. Even if it wasn't for the two of them alone.

On to the next chappie! :)
BekaForEver chapter 3 . 7/16/2010
Is there a sequel? There needs to be. This was amazing, and I really, really hope you continue writing more.
Cathartes chapter 3 . 6/28/2010
Yeah, I'm reading this at work, no comment! I liked this story, it was thoughtful and stayed true to the characters, although it played around with them. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure a grown woman could get into a lot more self-destructive trouble than driving around late at night . . . Still, I thought Jane's voice in particular was spot-on. Great job!
anthropologist chapter 3 . 6/27/2010
Oh, this one was absolutely lovely. I truly am a sucker for a (somewhat) sweet Jane/Lisbon ending, and I realy liked all the interactions between Mashburn and Lisbon. Very nice job. :)
Frogster chapter 2 . 6/24/2010
Hmm. The whole Mashburn thing is hilarious and extremely amusing, but I wonder if Lisbon would ever do something like this. I know she's down to her last nerve and that she wants to be more spontaneous and carefree, but it seems like she's going way overboard here.

Love caring!Jane. And am I right or did jealous!Jane make an appearance too?
Frogster chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Poor Lisbon! She's gone from one extreme to another. She should go have real fun with Van Pelt once in a while. Or Jane.

Love the setup, the long descriptive/introspective paragraphs that are popped like the proverbial balloon with a short sentence.

Love concerned!Jane. I can just see him following her.

And yes, it would be a good idea for them all to go out to dinner.