Reviews for Covered in Crimson
Dherea chapter 31 . 8/22
Amazing story! I could follow the sequencing easily, and the intermingled time periods added a lot of interest to the storyline. Looking forward to the sequel.
athenalorien chapter 31 . 7/3
This review is designed for people who are making a decision on whether or not to read this fic; I really wish I had read a review that had warned me about it. I often read last chapter reviews of long fics to determine whether or not I want to invest my time in them; if you do the same, this one is for you. This review may offend the author, but I feel that readers have the right to know what they are reading. I feel that the author should have placed appropriate warnings at the beginning of this story and she did not. I think that's why I'm feeling so frustrated right now. Spoilers ahead.
This is NOT a romance between Hermione and Draco. While they do spend time together, this is not a story about the two of them falling in love. If that's what you're looking for, move on right now. Chapters alternate between the two of them in the present and Draco's past experiences, which are absolutely horrible. Please be aware that this fic is filled with scenes of extreme rape, sexual torture, and graphic violence, and all of it involves one or both of your two favorite characters. I have a relatively high tolerance for that sort of thing, but I felt AWFUL after reading this. I know caps are obnoxious but I'm not sure how else to describe how I felt after reading this fic. And no, I'm not a victim any sort of violence. I kept on reading because I was so disturbed that I felt compelled to read more, thinking it would somehow get better. Well, I went to sleep feeling like hell.
I rarely write negative reviews, but I spent hours of my life reading this that I can't get back, so I feel compelled to warn others.
A number of people seemed to enjoy this fic, but I honestly wish I hadn't read it. I can't say that about very many fics. Yes, the grammar and punctuation were good, but quite frankly, the characterization was weak. I didn't feel as though I was reading about Hermione; it could have about been about anyone. Additionally, given the trauma she experienced, her behavior didn't make sense. I had to suspend disbelief quite a bit while reading, and it pulled me out of the story. I was intrigued by Draco and Hermione's chapters, and I did enjoy aspects of them, but the chapters about Draco's past dragged on and needed editing. In the Draco chapters, there is so much victimization going on that it's depressing (and the murdering rapist is the biggest victim of all).
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT (don't read if you don't want to know major plot points): Essentially, Draco rapes, tortures, and murders his way through countless victims while getting off sexually, but it's not his fault. He even participates in gang rapes. Torturing people gets him off, and there are graphic descriptions of how the violence gets him off. He rapes Hermione so viciously that he almost kills her. You get to experience that particular scene multiple times, from multiple points of view. How many times do I need to read about Draco raping Hermione so horrifically that he nearly kills her? Yes, there are reasons why he does it, but I realized after reading it that I don't give a crap why he does it. It was absolutely horrible to read about. I read to escape, not to develop PTSD. If my opinion resonates with you, (and I acknowledge that it's just my opinion) move on to something else.
blacky chapter 30 . 5/27
möööp... over already?
this was so thrilling i couldnt stop reading all through the day and half a night! epic.

i do think that hermione got over her emotional trauma a tad too easily, but despite this- seeing as most is more from dracos perspective- great characterizations. love narcissa and lucius! :)

now off to the sequel with me! ;)
MissEllen chapter 30 . 5/19
What a wonderful, engaging, at times difficult to bear, but ultimately positive story. I have enjoyed reading it very much!
xxDustNight88 chapter 30 . 4/28
Absolutely loved this. it was such an intense read. I'm off to start the sequel right now!
HeatherQuynn chapter 30 . 4/27
SO well written. Tear jerking, thought provoking. Amazing read!
avis1765 chapter 12 . 3/30
Oh my goodness. This is such an emotional roller coaster. Now I am crying. I just love that Draco is doing what he can to help Hermione. No matter the hate someone could hold for another, in the time of need, it's crazy how shit can change. Just wow... Well done, *hand clap*
avis1765 chapter 9 . 3/30
I picked this Fic up tonight, when it was recommended by a girl in a group I am in. This is absolutely amazing writings and I am excited to see where this goes. I don't foresee Draco as a rapist, so I am really hoping there will be a good explanation! Goodness! I'm on my toes! I was planning to go to bed early tonight, haha! Can't wait to see what happens next! Xo
MamaCherry chapter 30 . 3/22
This is my first review of a fanfic ever! I just got into reading fan fiction a few weeks ago, and am absolutely in love with the Dramione-ship. Your story is AMAZING! I am in love with the storyline and how things progress. The French is wonderful (I've never believed asking to 69 could be sexy until now)! I find Draco's punishment to be on par with what I believe would be true and just to his crimes. And now, having reached the end of the story, I find myself craving what happens next!
HazelOwl1229 chapter 31 . 3/16
AKDBDIAKD CNN EOALCBSOQOXNSLQ OH FBWKSIDNWLSJFK OMG this is a beautiful piece of writing OMG I haven't found anything like this in a while.
fidelius1.4.78 chapter 30 . 2/19
This was awesome! The potion route was very original, this is the first fic I've read where he's actually under the influence of something from the get go, (its usually the usual threats to his family) I'm about to go looking for the sequel *squeal* haha
That is so much for writing and sharing x
MrsMorgan813 chapter 30 . 2/13
really liked this!
ainokea2810 chapter 30 . 1/16
Wow. That was a heart wrenching tale. Fantastic job.
Judeleemarie chapter 6 . 12/30/2015
5 years is a long time to be under a spell! Looking forward to seeing where this is headed.
Judeleemarie chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
I am hopeful there is a good explanation! Or rather, an explanation that doesn't make Dracoa rapist.