Reviews for Facing Past Demons
Alligates chapter 12 . 6/13/2012
Aaaaaaah that was beauuuuutifuuuuuul...

... I... kind of read the sequel before this, but it was so good I was like, "Wow, that was amazing... how did I miss this as I read every single Listener fanfic on this site? Must read part one!"

Well, so... yeah.

Will there be a part three? It's really really good!
leetvfan chapter 12 . 10/21/2010
I'm certainly waiting for the sequel
leetvfan chapter 3 . 10/21/2010
It's really interesting, like it a lot
Allonympt chapter 12 . 7/23/2010
I'm back! I've been really busy this month (busy busy busy -_-) but as I read these last few chapters, I could feel my whole body relaxing as my mind got drawn into it. That is a mark of good writing!

I really like the pacing in these last three chapters. You did a nice job of moving quickly with the action and giving us time to think when the plot got thoughtful. I also really liked the way you let us read Toby's letter to Charlie. It brought the story full circle and neatly tied up the loose ends with Charie.

That said, I also love the loose ends you didn't tie up. Particularly, the possibility of using the telepathy aggressively. Toby is very passive with it - he lets things 'hit' him. It's really interesting to see the possibility of using it in more deliberate ways. I am so excited to see what you do with your next project!
MamzelleHermy chapter 12 . 7/10/2010

this was a really great story and I hope to have a next soon.

Cheers !
Allonympt chapter 9 . 6/30/2010
I've just finished chapter nine and I'm sucked in. I think there has been a real change in focus in the last few chapters. While Charlie's issues and Cali's story are still present, Toby's mystery has taken center stage. I have to admit that I needed to take reading breaks while the focus was on Cali - the subject matter was pretty heavy and Cali is a very sympathetic character; I needed to go eat ice cream _-. When the focus is on Toby, the mood is a lot more adventurous and action-oriented.

Of course, I haven't finished reading it yet, so I don't know how it all ties together in the end, but one thing you might consider is that you have TWO great stories here - a closely linked series - seperated by mood. This is a somewhat selfish review because suggesting a series of stories opens up the possibility of a sequal...but no pressure _.

One of the other things I'm really enjoying is how authentic your psych-talk sounds. I don't know anything about psychology, but I totally believe you've either researched this to the nth degree or have some background in the topic. It's a nice parallel to Ethan's story, because all the psycho babble in the same chapters as his sections gets the readers totally thinking about what's happening in his curious mind.

Reading on,

Allonympt chapter 7 . 6/30/2010
Okay - I had planned to review every second chapter...but I have to review chapter seven because it's absolutely my favorite so far.

It has MOOD - and I have no idea how you managed it, because the action in this chapter is all character development, not physical movement. I love - love - love your Ray, and he's normally a character that I just can't wrap my head around. I usually find him flat, but here he's dynamic and sympathetic and the dialogue is spot-on perfect. We get 'into his head', har-har _.

As for Ethan, I love the timing of his introduction. Toby (and the reader by default) are just beginning to digest the idea of all the wrongs that could be committed with telepathy and BANG! Here's Ethan to embody it. I'm hooked.

Allonympt chapter 6 . 6/24/2010
Hi! _

I just finished chapter six (I'm a slow reader too, and I have to take it in chunks) but I'm not going to be able to stop here, because this is a heck of a cliff hanger. I'm really enjoying the way you've managed to combine a case story with the over-all arcing of Toby's mysterious history - This kind of natural multi tasking in a story is something I really struggle with when it comes to writing, so it always makes me feel jealous when I see other writers manage it so easily.

Thank God Duwitt is finally being brought in for questioning. I have to admit, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, I'm really enjoying Cali. She's so accessible and easy to empathize with. Charlie's struggle with her own secret plays nicely against the wish to shelter Cali.

Reading on,

The Rain On Your Parade chapter 12 . 6/21/2010
wow, the ending was ok but wow. great story :) his brother seems a tad phsyco though. really hope u do a sequel andi hope tpby dosent get hurt in the sequel :)
Soului chapter 12 . 6/20/2010
I really enjoyed the concept for this story. I hope they expand the idea of Toby's past in the next season. Are you planning a sequel? This story was mainly about Charlie and Toby, but I would love to see a story expanding on the idea of the Institute a little more. Maybe Ethan finds out what the Institute has been trying to keep from him and has to run? Maybe he shows up in Toby's apartment a few monthes later? I don't know, but I would love to see your take on the idea.
Allonympt chapter 4 . 6/20/2010
A FULL review - not a fell review. Jeeze, I should know better than to write these things in the middle of the night. I'm currently on chapter four, and I'm really impressed with the way you're balancing all these separate storylines. Each one draws the reader in and holds her complete attention while at the same time not overwhelming the other storylines. That's real skill.

Loving this,

Silverstone007 chapter 12 . 6/20/2010
One word for this fanfic:Awesome. I really like how you portrayed the characters in this story. I also like how there is a lot of Charlie/Toby in this story. To me it feels like you are on to something and I'm sensing a sequel.
Allonympt chapter 2 . 6/20/2010
Where did this come from? _ I was just going to close up for the night and Bam! There's a super long, wonderful Listener fic! I love Mark's character so far. You do a great job of establishing a sense of conflict in her without giving away the whole mystery yet. I haven't finished reading the whole fic yet but when I do, I'm totally going to give you a fell review. Looking forward to the rest of it,

yasmina9 chapter 12 . 6/20/2010
FANTASTIC! Excellent writing about one of my fave couples, Charlie and Toby. Cannot believe it's the end of your story though, please follow it up.