Reviews for Means to an End
girlface chapter 13 . 4/16/2014
I don't know how I haven't stumbled upon this before but I'm so glad I did. Though I will always want Tim to be okay in stories I read, I liked the second ending better it did very well in portraying the 'why' that everyone is left with
earthdragon chapter 13 . 7/23/2013
Very good story, although very sad. Such a pity that Kendra had to die, as she and Tim made a lovely couple. I think your original ending - where Tony got there in time to prevent Tim's suicide - was the best choice. The alternate, bleaker ending made the story too morbid.
dr3 chapter 6 . 6/28/2012
Oh, come-on! Tim finally finds a woman who loves him & you kill her off in a freak accident. O come on!
nightbird19 chapter 13 . 9/27/2011
Wow. This was so so sad:( Poor Tim. But, it was very well written and conveyed many emotions. I must say that both endings were great, but I preferred the first. I've always been a sucker for happy endings. Anyways, great work. I loved it!
DarkandtwistyGirl chapter 13 . 6/25/2011
OMG! An amazing fic, well done. I loved both endings, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose the second, not many writers had the bravery and skill to pull that off. Well done!

Thanks for sharing.
CalinaAnneHart chapter 13 . 4/10/2011
Awww, poor McGee! Great story! Very sad and touching! Was good to be able to have two diff endings! Don't get that often!
Bymaga Jones chapter 13 . 1/2/2011
I like that you gave us alternate endings, that way, if we absolutely refuse one, we can choose the other!

Well-written story that made my heart bleed for poor McGee.
Precious Pup chapter 13 . 8/17/2010
Lovely, beautifully sad story. I like both endings. The sad one actually seems more realistic in some ways then he just wakes up and ends up laughing with Tony over something, although I could see him not wanting to cause others the pain that he is in.

Sniff...oh man Tony watching his friend sinking...and then the pregnancy test was like WHAM to the guts. Awful. Being a father and a husband and all those dreams just gone.

Wonderful work
SnoopMaryMar chapter 13 . 8/10/2010
I love the alternate ending.

You should totally do a sequel dealing with the fallout of Tim's decision. You would really be able to do something very special with that, I think.
Alice I chapter 9 . 8/6/2010
I have to fly but I wanted to stop for a moment and tell you how much I am enjoying this story.

It is well written and the characters are spot on. You built a very good OC in Kendra even if she was a little Mary-Sue ish. The girl had no real flaws and that made her a little unbelievable, but that is a minor exception. This story actually brought me to tears in chapter eight I think it was.

I'll do a more comprehensive review when I finish.

Until then

Very well done. You should be proud of yourself.
Illucida chapter 12 . 7/20/2010
This was very interesting. You write very well, and stay true to the characters. It actually felt like I was watching [well, reading] and episode of NCIS. Bravo.

And because I love this ending, I'm not going to read the alternate. I really don't feel like crying more. :)
polarpi chapter 13 . 7/17/2010
Definitely glad this was the alternate ending - you did a great job writing it, I just can't stand to see McGee dead!

Great job!
Pam11 chapter 13 . 7/13/2010
I liked the Alternate Ending even though McGee dies, now I would love for you to continue maybe with a follow up story on how Tony and the gang deal with and comes to terms with his death. Please! Thanks!
Fed up with this crap chapter 13 . 7/10/2010
Well sorry for waiting to review that's a major pet peeve of mine but I couldn't wait to get to the next chapter and next thing I knew the store was over. Great story, well written and so sad but I laughed when Gibbs knocked his monitor over. Now I'm getting weird looks for laughing at my computer.
smartkid37 chapter 13 . 7/10/2010
Very sad.

but it would have been much more sad if they'd all blamed Tim and they didn't so you have to feel for what they're going through.

very happy that you went with the not so sad ending though.

thanks for letting us see what could have been the outcome.