Reviews for Race You through the Shadows
cmr2014 chapter 1 . 3/27
I'm not familiar with Sonic Heroes. But I know the Sonic character more or less well enough that I think I can judge this.

The voice doesn't sound like the Sonic I'm used to - chalk it up to unfamiliarity with Heroes. *But* - it *does* sound like a Sonic who's lost, his lack of memories combining with what seems like a dark world to create a persona that can survive in such circumstances.

"One of these days, I won't miss the past, because I'll have created a great future."
Even in the midst of darkness, traces of the core of Sonic remain. This does feel like the relentlessly cocky, optimistic Sonic I'm used to.

But this -
"Finally, I won't be just a shadow. I will be the shadow. The shadow who depends on no one. The shadow who none dare to defy."
Be careful of the choices you make, boy. I once made a choice, and it led me down a good couple decades of hate and violence, out of the desire to be strongest of all, to never be hurt again.
Strength. Power. They are not all they're cracked up to be, and the pursuit of such can make you someone you don't want to see in the mirror.
Spark of the forgotten chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
This was Great! I just wish you wrote more Sonic the Hedgehog storys. O well.
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
It's a well-worded story, for starters. You took your time to make sure you picked the right words, and I'd say it shows. I enjoyed your choice of words, and Shadow is quite the character to explore. I think it shows what's going on inside his head during Sonic Heroes, and you capture it well. The only time I didn't think you used the right word was the very last one. Somehow, a word like 'preparedness' doesn't seem to fit in entirely with the rest of the story, although that could just be my opinion. Even so, it's a very well-done one-shot and I'm very particular about them. What can I say, with a chaptered story, you can take time to flesh things out; with a one-shot you have to make it all count, and I'd say you have. Well done.
Lucy Labrador chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Very detailed and very interesting...