Reviews for Seeking Asylum
kirmit chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
As you could probably tell from my profile I am a HUGE Alice fan... So I loved this is the rebelward without a cause thing and when you so nicely wrote me a review response back I beamed and decided to check this out too... I love that you entered this into a contest, in my humble opinion it should win... if the contest is over than it should've won ;) lol

thank you for sharing.
don'tcallmeLeeLee chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Hi there!

This is Stella, from the What About Alice? Contest.

First of all, I want to thank you for participating in our contest. :D

Now the review for the story…

This is my face right now: :O

Wow! This is so incredible. I loved how you described everything. Her parents... I always wondered how they reacted to Alice's illness.

The story is so dark and it's scary to think that that was how things worked in those times. Thanks for showing this, many stories just point that she was in the assylum, but I loved that you described a bit more of her time there.

Oh, one last thing! I noticed you forgot to add www .fanfiction-challenges. blogspot. com to the header, add it so your readers and friends know where to go when voting begins.

Good luck!

PS. PM me if you have any doubts :D
TwiliteAddict chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
How dismal indeed! I know you did your research before writing this piece and it is very horrifying to think how people were treated - those who did suffer from mental illness and those misdiagnosed as being mentally ill. We should remember where we came from to ensure mistakes are not repeated. Thanks for a wonderful piece MM!
angel eyes1 uk chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Wow, I'm in awe. This was really dark, and I liked it. Good luck in the contest :)
Gasaway Alley chapter 1 . 6/21/2010

I always prefer your version of the little magpie's past. These ARE the missing pieces. A macabre telling of poor Alice's hellish journey.

This girl just needed some proper loving, some proper care. I want to just bundle her up and take her home. The abuse she endured in the era she lived was a travesty.

You make me so proud, when I read your writings, to even share this earth with you.

Love you - xoxo- April
brandj chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Love this out take! Brilliant!

"Mother, you knew I would have liked the green dress more!" I can picture this out burst! Reminds me of Willy Wonka..."I want today, I want tomorrow"