Reviews for In the Eye of the Beholder
Batmanskipper chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Love it!
LCat chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
You certainly caught the spirit of the Green Hornet. I enjoyed how you explained how DA Scanlon and the Hornet come to work together. Thanks for a enjoyable story. I look forward to reading more.
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Hmm, I’m wracking my brain trying to remember if I have ever listened to this particular radio episode. Wasn’t “Exposed” the one where Britt confessed to his father he was the Green Hornet? It looks like I will have to track it down and listen again. :-)

With that out of the way, it was easy to imagine this story as both a radio drama and an episode of the TV series. I enjoyed the fast pacing and the characterizations were top-notch. It made for a very satisfying first meeting between Britt Reid and Frank Scanlon. I only wish we got more of Casey and Clicker Binny working together. As soon as their scene started, it was over… :-)

On the topic of characterizations, I particularly liked the bitter edge you gave the publisher. It gave much needed depth to the more carefree, easy going persona of Britt we saw on the series, yet never turned him into a darker, revenge seeking figure. This is one of my favorite lines:

"Justice, like what my father got when you put him in prison for a crime he didn't commit?" Reid asked bitterly.

It was great how their relationship came full circle at the end of the story, with Frank figuring out it was Britt masquerading as the Green Hornet, setting the stage for their later adventures. Thank you for the great read and keeping the spirit of the Van William’s series alive! :-)
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Great one-chapter story, and nice description of Scanlon's first meeting with the Green Hornet.

I was a huge fan of the Van Williams Hornet back when it was on (yes, I'm old!). It's great to read stories based on that version. I haven't seen the movie but from what I hear it would be a bit of a disappointment to an old timer like me.
Frog1 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Excellent story, a bit creepy, but excellent!
Harry2 chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Now this is one SWEET story! You really caught the feel and flavor of the 60's Hornet TV series to a TEE! I hope that you will continue to write Green Hornet stories, maybe go back and forth between the 30's the 60's and maybe try a shot at a modern day Hornet as well!
deanadamsgirl chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
He is, he is indeed. thanks for a great story about one of my favorite men.
smithcrafter chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
It's nice to actually see some NEW Green Hornet stories coming out. He's a very under-appreciated character. Thank you.