Reviews for A Terribly Poor Understanding of Love
Captain Evermind chapter 1 . 1/7
Incredibly beautiful story. Your grasp of the characters is a delight to read. I especially love "If you would go to hell for loyalty, for God's sake man, go for love as well". Brilliant work.
LaylanatorXVII chapter 1 . 6/29/2015
I adored this with every fiber of my soul. So poetic... "Holmes dropped words into him and he echoed." My Lord.
Also, I LOVE the way you've written Mary. She knows. She knows. She knows exactly what these boys are about. And my interpretation (correct me if I'm wrong) but it seems like she knew what was going on when she walked into the room at the end... At least, I hope so...
Thank you. I am favoriting this.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
That was...incredible. Like seriously, I thought would be no way the story could even wrap itself up halfway through and I seriously believed Mary was a menace to their relationship...but wow. Wow. Good job :D I am speechless
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
MAry, at the end, omg
konfessor2u chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
So, so, so, so amazing! :) I loved reading of the build up to that moment when they realized they needed each other so badly. I also love that Mary knew it all along.
Skarlettefox chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
DuchessofYork chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
wow...almost like a Shakespeare-tragedy! and i loved every word (tears aside...)
Kalida chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I love your run-on sentences. And I'm pretty sure so does everyone else.
This is the first story of yours I have read (though not the first I reviewed) and though I normally do not read Slash stories, you made me into a fan. This story fucked with my mind and soon I was reading everyone of your Sherlock Homes fanfics. My favourite would be "Mistakes of Our Youth" but this is an extremely close second.

How do you write these characters, so well? Seriously, how?
Your vocabulary astounds my mind and as I'm reaching for my dictionary when I read your fics, I feel less guilty (I'm not wasting my time, I'm studying!). You have expanded my knowledge so much and make me want to hope to be a better writer.

You kill people with your words. You make us feel every inch of the character's agony and their internal conflict without explicitly stating it. I don't know how one can write so beautifully, how you make your wods snag onto my neurons and torture me for days after I've read your story; but whatever it is, keep doing it!

Definitely my favourite lines are:

"You have committed so many sins in my name," Holmes continued, an appalling strain of desperation coating every word. "If you would go to hell for loyalty-for God's sake, man, go for love as well."

"I love you," Watson said helplessly.

Mary was surprised, meeting his wide eyes with a crack, and then they both looked away, hot-faced and oddly mortified.

Both these sentences give so much insight to the characters. Mary knowing the bond between Holmes and Watson, yet not really knowing.

There is a pansexual aspect to Holmes & Watson's relationship, a soul love, that is not just sexual or romantic; and you put it into words so perfectly and yet morph it into a romantic love that is *so* goddamn believable, that it feels like a natural extension of their nature.

I love this story. I absolutely adore it. I beg you to write more stories.
HinomaruAki chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
I have to say I love your stories. They are intelligent and always have nice, meaningful plot. And even if your English is too difficult to me (which is great, your writing fits to the Sherlocks world and I can learn from it ;D ) I enjoy the story to the max. The expression of their feelings is excellent. And there is no sign of Ms. Adler anywhere, that is big plus to me :D
namba2 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Great Piece! I almost cried...
Laera Draconian chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
I enjoyed this very much. Love your style ;)
Azakura chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
Wahhh this was so- so emotional. Can't describe how awesome it is
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Beautiful! I don't understand how I haven't stumbled onto you before.
Neon chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Very, very interesting and well written! I enjoyed this trhoughouly. :)
KhrisCHAN chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
You've captured their time period perfectly with your style of writing and that is very hard to do. I enjoyed reading this fic. Great job!
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »