Reviews for Waiting
Lying to the Moon chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
:( So sweet! And so well written. Merry Christmas!
Simply-Cath chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
This story was so sad. You really brought out Hank's compassion for his brother and his frustration with the situation as a whole. You captured the bond between the brothers really well without saying a whole lot.

Nicely done.
SketchyJawa chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Very sweet and sad. I love almost every single relationship on this show, Hank's and Evan's being one of my favorites. That's pretty much exactly how I pictured it when Evan waiting by the door was mentioned on the show. Well done, as usual, Super A.
Synnerxx chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
This broke my heart. Poor Hank and Evan. Lovely, angsty piece though.
The Rain On Your Parade chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
wow u captured the emotions perfectly. sad but really well written :) good job
FUlyric chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Oh, I really liked this. It was sweet and sad at the same time. I see what you did, and I do it sometimes too, hearing a detail they give in the show as background (Hank reminding Evan how he used to wait by the door and cry every night) and expanding on it.

You really communicate the characters well, especially as children. Evan's childish and naive hope that if he just believes hard enough and is faithful enough his dad will come home and make everything right again (like so many children, he probably wonders if it's his fault his dad left), and Hank's obvious bitterness towards his dad and his taking on the role of protector and parent for his little brother (which so often happens with older siblings - I can attest to that) and maybe a sense of reluctance at that, because he's been forced to grow up way too early.

Great job. BTW, do you happen to know the age difference between Evan and Hank? I seem to remember Hank saying his mom died when he was twelve (or was that when she got sick?) but I don't ever remember getting a clear picture of how much younger Evan is.

Sorry... very long review! :p
RascalFlattsS chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Aw...what a cute story! I love big brother Hank. It was adorable. Good job!

-Rascal