Reviews for Hopelessly Devoted, Part II
JediMindaugas chapter 4 . 9/15
Well, I suppose, in for the shonen-ai, in for some (a lot) yaoi...
Zouza chapter 4 . 11/1/2013
Oh my god this chapter is too cute. And the sexy talk they did omfg IT WAS SO CORNY BUT IT MADE IT SO CUTE OMG i cant. stop laughing omg. awesome chapter!
Reviews to Master chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Uuuggghhhhh...I hate that I feel deprived of some Big Windup AbeXMihasi. I'm pratically obssesed with these two...XP
Chaseha-Wing chapter 3 . 9/24/2011
I totally agree with her *proud member of the Tajihana fan club*.
nobody really loves me chapter 4 . 8/10/2011
Intersting Chapter, but I don't think Homos need protection. Guy-on-guy, or Girl-on-Girl.
meriyaliz chapter 4 . 5/18/2011
Okay, so this story was funny, touching, very sweet and very blush-inducing. Author, you are very good at what you do! Thanks for sharing your story!
Yo chapter 4 . 5/9/2011
Okay, so I've just finished reading the first and now the second part of this story and...oh golly, I hope that you pick this up again. It's so funny, cute, sexy, and just...gsjsikljdjgdgasd;.

You're awesome.
HaruCakes chapter 3 . 3/15/2011
I absolutly love the story and I just have not reviwed. Ive been reading every second I get, at work, in class EVRYWHERE staying up late reading it and reading the chaptersnOMG im addicted :( ihu i love it but I keep thinking Hani is going to get together with Tajima SOMEHOW LOL instead of him and some random girl! Everytime they talk to each other im like OMG MAYBE NOW! LOL But after reading chapter 3 Im guessing they are not... -cries forever!-
kisskisskill chapter 4 . 1/8/2011
Oofuri isn't one of my main fandoms, but I am so glad I found your fics. These are just so sweet and touching, but hot all the same. The same goes for the Hikaru no Go fics.

Really looking forward to any potential updates to this!
SoulReaper Rukia chapter 4 . 7/25/2010
The thought of Abe taking it certainly fits his position in baseball...snort...oxymoron. xD Otherwise, I'd have to say it hurt my manly pride. What will the others think now of my lowered self worth? Haha. Really thought awesome story. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Zaliya Lily chapter 4 . 7/23/2010
love how the story is progressing and can't wait to see how it is going to go from here and how it is going to end.
angel123death chapter 4 . 7/22/2010
YAY! Manloving mission complete! You have no idea how happy I was when I read that there was going to be some hot and steamy things happening in this chapter, and even more so when Abe topped. I personally prefer Abe on top since I can't really imagine him being as an uke. (Not that I'm complaining about it!) Anyways~ keep going~!
herongale chapter 4 . 7/19/2010
Oh so kinky!

This chapter just hit the spot. It was so satisfying in every respect. All the epic sex! I especially liked the corny dialogue near the end, since it seemed super realistic and in-character, and I like how Mihashi wants to try it out himself next.

I am totally in agreement with Abe's irritation over how Mihashi kept whining about the price. That IS very irritating, especially in regards to a present. Mihashi, shut up and take it like a man! IT'S ALL IN GOOD CLEAN FUN YOU MORON! Also, he has to realize that Mr. Responsible is the last person in the universe who's going to spend outside of his means. He probably was saving up for that forever.

And yes, I smiled very hard at Abe's ultimate career goal. I never thought of myself as an option for him, but that works out very well. He'd make such a good, stern doctor! And this way he can always be on call if Mihashi gets himself into a pickle! Which, knowing Mihashi, is a pretty realistic scenerio!

I really loved this whole chapter. :) It's hard to write lots and lots of commentary on sex scenes but you seriously nailed it. Feel proud!
herongale chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
Aha, and now I catch this chapter. Gotta get it in before the next goes up, otherwise my review MIGHT EXPLODE. Or something!

So, first off. Abe's mysterious career choices. Since our minds track so closely I am just going to confess to you what MY future career for him looks like: I want him to coach high school baseball. Let's see if yours is similar or totally different!

The whole phenomenon of career worksheets as it is practiced in Japan amuses me since it is obviously very serious business, unlike anything similar I ever did in high school, where there was an understood subtext of "none of this matters anyway, we all know you're going to go to a liberal arts school and decide your future on the fly, like every over American ever." But considering how regimented education is in Japan, it makes sense that people need to set goals early, since that directly impacts their choices for what sorts of continuing education they should pursue.

I wonder what it feels like, to have to make a meaningful decision like that while you're still in high school. I imagine it's really rough. It doesn't surprise me that Abe is hiding his choices since he probably doesn't want to deal with the fallout, since I'm presuming he DOESN'T want to go pro and is unreasonably afraid of breaking Mihashi's heart. Abe is so funny sometimes. I want to shake him and be all, give your boyfriend some freakin' credit already!

I really like how you illustrate how deft Abe is at deflecting attention away from his problems. It's not like he isn't obvious; everyone knows what he's doing. But he's really good at making it so people can't call him on it, which is why no one DOES call him on it. All they do is grumble about him from the sidelines and think that he's creepy and impossible. And wonder how Mihashi can stand it. :)

The whole Chiba side story was something I wasn't sure about at first, since going with a yakuza storyline might be considered a bit over the top. But after I read this over a few times I realized that I really liked it here, and the reason it works is because she's not a one-note character. Her whole fujoshi thing is a lot more significant to who she is, and thus the yakuza thing feels like an incidental truth, which is what you want in a a story when you're trying to make it seem realistic. All in all, good job on a difficult idea!

The one small correction I'd note is that Hanai doesn't live in a house, but in an apartment complex. I'm assuming that you went AU on that detail on purpose, since otherwise the whole window thing wouldn't have worked. It's no big deal but I figured I'd point it out. SINCE OTHERWISE I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER OFFERED ANY USEFUL CONCRIT EVER.

Hanai's "bullshit" was my favourite part of the whole chapter. You go, Hanai. I love how he can totally get bullied into doing something like that by his girlfriend. He, like Abe, is so totally whipped. :)

A small but very nice characterization detail was how Abe cleared the whole birthday trip with Mihashi's parents first, before bring it up to Mihashi. That is so totally him. He's just an old-fashioned guy and he believes very seriously in being very above board and correct when it comes to courtship! I smiled a lot over that bit.
herongale chapter 2 . 7/15/2010
Ah, I am free! Free to respond to fic at last!

So. I've been saving up comments.

The first thing that really jumped out at me was the idea of "concerning oneself with short-term joys" becoming scarcer when you get older- it's so true. I'm not a worrywort or anything, and my life is pretty stable, but still I'll find that there is always the possibility that something will happen where I'll worry that I've made a mistake, that I'm letting someone down, that my future is in doubt because I'm an adult but don't especially feel strong enough to make choices on my own.

Kids don't have those kinds of worries. Kids (the ones in stable, safe situations) can live day to day. I don't remember how old I was the first time it occurred to me that I had to take responsibility for planning my own future, but I do remember that feeling... like suddenly the floor is dropping out from under you, that you need to start MAKING REAL DECISIONS and possibly MAKING REAL MISTAKES. I like the idea that Abe is coming to that kind of turning point. Or rather, he already has, and now it's just a battle of attrition, where his childhood is falling away from him in little pieces and steps. He knows that the ability to live in the moment while truly being careless about what might follow is something that will be harder and harder to find as he gets older, and so treasuring those moments as they come is important. I really like how you have this feeling underlying the entire chapter, this sense of impending loss and uncertainty.

The text conversation between Sakaeguchi and Ruri feels so natural. I love the part where she accidentally sends her half-finished text and just picks it back up where she left off. I also appreciate her awkwardness over the news of Sakaeguchi's losses... it's so hard to be the person in that situation, Sakaeguchi is probably always finding that he has to comfort other people once they find out that he's lost his mom, assuring them that it's OKAY and trying desperately to make sure they keep seeing him the same way, and not changing how they look at him just because he's experienced misfortune in his life.

Haruna mountain. Can I just say, lol? I would love to see Abe climbing that someday. XD

The bit about Abe subtly steering Mihashi away from fish based foods is a lot clearer now. The silent mental exchange Sakaeguchi and Abe have over it is pure win: I laughed pretty hard at Abe's "why yes I am." That's my favorite Kimobe for you!

The part where Abe talks with his father is really sweet. Just the right amount of mutual awkwardness you want to see between such a close father and son "battery." They are so alike and yet Abe's dad is so much more... normal. You totally get across the feeling of how Abe-papa just dotes on his son, but also worries about him too, and how there's the unspoken need on both of their part to stay close the way they are, forever.

On multiple re-readings the phone sex scene holds up really well. I love how Mihashi, the true pervert of the pair, is obsessed with how things seem dirty and how disgusting he feels himself to be... a year into their relationship, and he's still holding onto these shreds of his former lack of confidence, and that's appropriate and fitting since (as Shigapo would say) he's conditioned himself into this state of self doubt, and breaking out of that preset conditioning is pretty tough.

What's great with how you write them is that the dynamic between Abe and Mihashi is complicated. Abe acts all gentlemanly and protective, and it's clear that he has taken on more of the "male" role in this relationship (if viewing things in a stereotypical light), but this is kind of a decision the both of them wordlessly came to: of the two, he's really the one who's more of a kid about these kinds of things, and so Mihashi doesn't mind if Abe takes on a leading role, because having that kind of power for himself isn't anything he views as important, and besides... he really just loves to see Abe happy, doesn't he? Mihashi is always so carefully looking out for Abe, and taking care of him so sweetly, all under the cover of Abe being the one who is in control. It's so realistic, especially of them.

And wow... this comment got to be epic. Lol. I'm off to go climb Haruna mountain, I suppose! Must get Abe-kun to join me!