Reviews for On Angel's Wings
Ao Sekai chapter 16 . 6/17/2012
I really love all of your stories although all of them contain a lot of lemons but you did really done a good job on that part. It's not really disgusting or vulgar.
IronicEnding chapter 15 . 2/1/2012
Alright, I read the chapter smoky Sammy. Totally nit fair putting is In a roller coaster if emotions. I loved this chapter and this story as a whole. You have such beautiful writing and such a strong command over the English language. This is a rare treat.

Cheers.

IronicEnding chapter 14 . 2/1/2012
MAn o man what a chApter that ended up being. You did an amazing job for sure. Actually you covered a point I had wondered ever on why he couldn't open up to rinoa. I hadn't considered that because of that bond, it would make the experience as real to her as it was to him. I must say I was impressed with your logic. In a sense this also explains Aquila need for such a strong shield. If rinoa forced her way through, well that's just violation all over again. Instead she got his permission by being his strength and comfort. Spectacularly done.

Thanks for a great chapter

IronicEnding chapter 13 . 2/1/2012
The girls day out was a nice juxtaposition to the dark chapter thAt proceeded it. Not to mention how it played against the struggle squall was shown to still be dealing with at the end of the chapter. Ive. We trying to understand how you're characterizing squall in this. Closest I can come to is 'functional victim' though I'm not quite sure I yet understand what that means. I am very curious now to see when and if squall will let her in on this.

Another interesting read

IronicEnding chapter 12 . 2/1/2012
Wow. So that was disturbing on a couple of different levels. If ever a tmi tag was needed, that was it. However here's the issue I'm having. I find it very hard to believe that something so haunting was something squall was able to share with a bunch of other guys, some of whom he barely really knows like that. He went for recluse to oversharing. Ican understand his refusal to let rinoa in, but letting telling that bunch? Hard to swallow.

That aside, this was still a solid chapter, dark undertones aside. Not my favorite given the subject matter but well written regardless. It's an emotional twist given his the rest of the story read. On to the next chapter

IronicEnding chapter 11 . 2/1/2012
A fairly decent chapter. For a moment I thought you see going to turn squall into an alcoholic or make him drink enough for a moment of weakness, which I glad you didn't because that would have ruined the story. It would have sucked for all the emphasis that you put on their link to be so easily swAyed by alcohol.

I'm very pleased you didn't fall that route. I thought this has been an interesting adventure for our hero though I wonder when someone got around to telling his bride to be what had happened and where he is.

One thing I disliked was how the characters were junctions here, in a social setting, but in the space setting which had at least the potential for hazard, no junctions. Maybe you are showing the reader squall has learned to always be prepared.

An entertaining read.

IronicEnding chapter 10 . 1/31/2012
Somethign in my head thought this was going to go the direction of those hangover movies...hmmm...one never knows

Great chapter to read

IronicEnding chapter 9 . 1/31/2012
short on time.

brilliant chapter. Again a wonderful extension of their bond. Very well thought out.

cheers

ironic
IronicEnding chapter 8 . 1/31/2012
ah and the tension resolved. Well written chapter. I do think after the landing there was a point where there was either a scene or time break that wasnt clearly defined which made things a little hard to follow. Outside of that another chapter that was a pleasure to read.

IronicEnding chapter 7 . 1/31/2012
This chapter has been a true pleasure to read. Frankly im amazed at how well you are able to cover the launch portion of this. Either you have some experience here or you have done a lot of research. A detail that took me by surprise was your description over Squall's nationality. That is a tricky subject that I personally never bothered to think about, nor do i call ever having read about it either. It was such a carefully constructed monologue that frankly, im stunned the issue hasn't come to the forefront before. As i said you have left me very much impressed.

Another point that I found well done was again ur use of the squall/rinoa link. This is adding more and more depth to a relationship that none other can experience. Pointing out that someone like Squall can seethe with rage, well, i enjoy reading Rinoa's reaction to that.

You are a master of detail and originality for sure.

I like how you threw in a moment of Squall being social with a group that wasnt part of the normal FF8 cast. Its an interesting moment. It shows us Squall growing...but really still staying the same person.

The section where Laguna and Squall spoke felt like a real interaction. The awkwardness came through without making any of the characters seem like caricatures of themselves. This made it far more enjoyable to read.

Here was the surprise though. You ended the chapter in a moment of great suspense. Well played.

I certainly appreciate how you dont do that with every chapter as that can get annoying fast. You use literary tools well.

Cheers!

IronicEnding chapter 6 . 1/31/2012
Another well written chapter. I would say you handle the delicate details well.

I like the spin you are including with their mental connection. Its a nice way to differentiate your work from others and I think you are using well.

IronicEnding chapter 5 . 1/31/2012
Another stellar chapter. I must say the way Rinoa and Squall have been going at it, they must be excessively sore the next day.

I will say that this has been a chapter i was anticipating though. You have devoted a considerable amount of time overviewing the relationship that Squall was having with his father, that you tantalized the reader into suspecting that a connection with Rinoa and her father was coming.

But it wasnt just coming, it was to be a chapter of revelations. I really enjoyed your statements of events there. It feels like a very plausible storyline that fits nicely within the existing parameters of the game. It feels as if a lot of thought went into that explanation, and the result of your hard work was a chapter that came out exquisitely.

Part of me now wonders how the general will respond to Squall next time they meet. You made the respect between the two clear, but now Squall is taking away the daughter who is only just starting to accept him. Perhaps a little resentment if not hostility?

One area i hope you touch on is why he was so against their engagement to begin with. While what you stated here was fine, I suspect you could integrate a deeper belief why he was fine with the two in a relationship, but not wed.

I tip my hat at a great chapter

Cheers.

IronicEnding chapter 4 . 1/31/2012
No time for a proper review but I wi say that I am profoundly bloomed into the story.

IronicEnding chapter 3 . 1/31/2012
I must say that wAs a very tastfully written chapter. As I mentioned before you have a solid knack for understanding how much is just the right Amoint of detail. I also am coming tLearn that you are a bit of An expert on wines. That was interesting but what took it to masterful levels was how you tied the wine into the plot and flow of this particular chapter. It wrapped things uP in a nice little bow. Also let's not forget your plot point on the mind reading. It's a nice twist to the story and creates another dimension to work with. Overall a well executed chapter.

IronicEnding chapter 2 . 1/31/2012
Another solid. Chapter. One thing I felt you got very right a

Was squalls reaction to odine. A lot peoe fail to cover this but I am glad that it's a trait you choose to being out. Once rinoa brought him out of his shell a little, while I agree affection is one emotion he would be handling with her, everyone forgets about rage. A bottled up guy like him who is moving away from indifference would have that in spades for those he felt a threat. It was lovely that you had rinoa be he force to temper his anger. It's as if you recognize that while squall is th constant, the rock of the relationship, it doesn't mean rinoa is fully go with the flow. Instead you Portray her as the force that keeps him centered. Very intuitive.