Reviews for Affirmation
CarolinaDawn chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
*sigh* Can I just say, I really love this story. And I really do wish that episode 9.01 had gone just a little like this, instead of going to the crapfest that was 9.02.

I think my favorite part of this story was Calleigh opening up about how she felt when it had been Eric on death's door, missing after she'd shot at him, knowing he'd been bleeding - but not knowing if it had been at her hands, and if he was dead. This was just so, SO good:

"I can't lose you, Cal. Not now, not ever."

She nodded, and Eric could almost see, out of the corner of his line of vision, a stray tear or two trickling down her cheek. She was crying. "I thought - I was sure - that I had lost you -" she said, pausing to breathe every few words, "last year -"

He pulled her into an embrace, her head resting on his left shoulder, and he tilted his head down to whisper one simple word in her ear: "never." He simply held her in his arms, holding her against him, feeling her breath flutter softly at the breadth of his shoulders. It felt good to hold her - felt good to know that they were both alive and she was here and nothing, not anything - could stand between them. On the stroke of an impulse, he tilted her chin up and pressed his lips against hers - a silent plea, for what, he was unsure. She pulled him in closer, the smell of hospital disinfectant and cheap hand soap replacing her normal scent; her grip around the back of his head felt so tight, it almost felt as though she was trying to grasp to him, make sure that he was real and this wasn't some dream or dying hallucination.

He drew from her lips the affirmation that they were both alive and unbroken; she sought refuge in his embrace. As they broke apart, pressing their foreheads against each other, staring into each others' eyes - watery green meeting caring brown, she played with the edge of her sash.

Thank you for this vision of how things should have gone (although it was written long before the episode even aired).
csimesser1 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
that was great loved it
DENSI.ItsaLoveStory chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
ohhh great story! love it!
ielto chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
luvd it
juannediana chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
the story is great

you are good at writing

but, in the story you make it seem like they have just started dating.

they have been dating for a very long time

i bet he knows were the tea is located and i bet he doesn't have to ask to stay at her house.

BUT, GREAT STORY!

just improve it.
calleigh16 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I hope that you continue to go on with this story. I really like Eric & Calleigh together, they are a great couple I would like to see them really get together and maybe get married and have a family. I really hope the writers keep them together in season 8. I hope that Calleigh gets pregnant with Eric's child, I think that would be a good storyline for them. I look forward to checking back and reading more. Thanks Calleigh16