Reviews for Eyes
bagofpopcorn chapter 3 . 1/9
I love your writing
GamerForever chapter 3 . 9/22/2013
I'm not sure you understand how much time I have spent trying to figure out what this amazing story is a metaphor for.
dottiness chapter 3 . 7/15/2013
Stories like these are my biggest motivation to write and become a better writer. This was so beautifully written, I just adore your style. The plot was also an interesting, fairly original idea. I loved it! Thank you so much for writing!
BerserkerNobody chapter 3 . 4/13/2013
The raw emotion in this story rivals all other stories I've read. It got me thinking, how would I react to sudden loss of sight? What if I was walking down a street and then, bam, no sight?
Just, amazingly well written, I have a new respect and a bit of more understanding empathy for the blind.
AXEL Just Couldnt Resist ROXAS chapter 3 . 1/29/2013
*crying * so wonderful and amazing thanks so much for posting!
wolfeclipse25 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
That's kind of sad. I mean, Namine goes blind and then she gets her sight back only to lose it again.
Rad and Blue chapter 3 . 12/12/2012
My friend recommended this fic to me, and frankly I wasn't too sure on reading it. It didn't seem like something I would like. But of course, since my friend has excellent taste in fics I decided to read it. Already, Just through the first few sentences I got caught up in this fic, half way through the first chapter I was tearing up and once I read this chapter I was gross sobbing. I'm still rather shocked and in tears right now but I just wanted to say: WOW. This is one of my favorite/best fic I've read in so long, it was perfectly paced, written, executed and I just want to tell you that I loved this so much, and thank you for writing this, seriously.
/I'm sorry I'm not to good at reviews but I hope this gets what I thought across? :') 3
agentave chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
That was absolutely beautiful.
sakurasapprentice7 chapter 3 . 9/20/2012
Damn you, you made me cry...
Sad yet wonderful in its own way 3
MoonStar100 chapter 3 . 8/17/2012
Thats like kinda really sad. Like very really sad...but in a happish way...good story!
SignatureSinful chapter 3 . 8/5/2012
You know, today a thought popped into my head.
"I remember reading a brilliant Akuroku story a while back about blindness... I need to read that again"

So, here I am, about two years older. Last time I reviewed as "professwhore" (I needed to review so much I didn't bother to sign in). I said I'd review again and I am.

I'm glad more people have read this. I'm still not sure what the metaphor was but reading this makes me want to be a better person; not take things for granted. Cherish what you have because life and everything in it is fleeting.

Roxas ran for the chance to see his sister despite making himself vulnerable again. Even though he hadn't really known where he was headed, he ran. And his sight was stolen.

But then I think to myself, why not run? Why not risk it to see the world? He could have stayed in Axel's apartment and memorised every detail of it, kept his sight longer. But I would rather lose my sight running as fast as I can, reaching for more.

"It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

That is what I got from this final chapter.

I read this again and I couldn't stop myself from crying again. I think it's beautiful that Roxas asked Axel to close his eyes so they could stargaze. It was they way he acted as though he had almost expected his sight to be ripped away, how easily he accepted it and smiled.

The way that Roxas will always see Axel: not with his eyes, that's the superficial meaning. Roxas will see Axel with everything else: his hands, his ears, his mouth, his mind, his dreams. To Roxas, even though they were lying in to icy sunlight on the pavement, they were right where he wanted them to be.

God, you're a genius. This story evokes such thought and self-evaluation, it's positively radiant.
cerulean-calamus chapter 3 . 5/19/2012
This is particularly a sad story but it's defiantly a good read. Though the aspects of this "infection" of blindness is interesting too. Although there isn't an explanation to exactly what it is or how it started or if there is an ending period of the infection or not. So it was a neat trait for a story but I think it lacked that deeper plot into something more. But it was only intended to be a limited chapter story so I didn't expect this really profound plot or anything like that. So it could have gone deeper but it stayed on the surface and that's completely fine.

I still liked it, though you could have done more with it. But nevertheless, I enjoy it.
Takara yume chapter 3 . 5/9/2012
Aww so beautiful. ;w; despite Roxas losing his sight again which hopefully comes back again soon, same with the others, this was a beautiful story and I enjoyed reading this.
bri333865 chapter 3 . 8/18/2011
Amazing...that sall i have to say...the emotion in the story was just amazing, and breath taking. i think the meaning you were trying to show was that people can see the true meaning of life better if you don't look with your eyes, but think with your heart.
TheRainbowStyle chapter 3 . 7/30/2011
This is the reason I read Akuroku

The beauty that makes you wanna cry