Reviews for Shoes to Fill
Inkess chapter 2 . 2/27/2013
Wow, this was beautiful. And powerful. I like how you captured each of Claire's emotions, the pride and worry mixing in her. She was very human-like here, but also very soldier-like (or marine-like? :P). I also always imagined Anderson as father figure in her life, no matter which history I choose for her. Good work!
Inkess chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
I love when you write about military traditions. I have no clue about them in real life, but you make them seem so real.

Your Kaidan is cute. Most writers (including me) give him the short stick, but in your hands he seems like an actual character. The way how he joked with Shepard was just sweet. I think I'm detecting future romance here.
Osage chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Well damn, Shepard. Polish your boots, grab your saber and woman up to lead the Normandy through hell. I like how your stories give us a little more insight on the 'hidden scenes' of the series. It's good to see the downtime and also how Shepard isn't totally lost on military tradition and has some shred of respect for the Alliance (even if they can be big bozos especially in that ME3 opening). Great work as always, your fics come alive with detail. Keep it up!
LegionN7 chapter 2 . 1/28/2013
Very powerful chapter. The ceremony was right on, and the struggle of being thrust into the command position was relayed very well.
LegionN7 chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
I really like how everything is connected with your work; I always figured Shepard to be susceptible to self-doubt upon being informed formally of the command switch.
The military feel you have in The Vila is brushed in well here.
thebluninja chapter 2 . 1/23/2013
Well, from the first paragraph, I can tell you've worn corframs. :p As usual, your writing does a far better job of showing an *actual* military than even the games do. This is a great story.
Thug-4-Less chapter 2 . 7/25/2010
Man, this was good. Really brings home the deep sense of camaraderie and the importance of tradition among a crew like that. Especially considering how much time they'll spend together out in a hostile galaxy.

There was one thing. You forgot to capitalize Marine in a few places. Tsk, tsk. I've seen them go berserk if you forget to do that. ;)

Thanks for writing, KG!
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
An excellent look at the transition between captains of the Normandy... even though Shepard is still a commander. Lol. That part always blew my mind up a little but eh. Semantics.

It would have been nice if BioWare had had you to say, "Hey, you should take a little time to go into the mindset and traditional aspects of the military!" Especially for the first game, since that was so heavy a theme that seemed to be glossed over quite often.

Actually, I was on the BioWare forums before the first one came out, bitching about that. Heh.

Thanks for writing, KG!

"...but thank Binary Helix I have the best..." -Should that read "...but thanks TO..."? I ask because sometimes people do drop words from sentences like that in their speech.

"The pulled the jacket of her dress blues down tight." - Was that supposed to start "she"?
PadawanMage chapter 2 . 6/30/2010
Damn, reading this almost put a tear in my eye...
Nightodie chapter 2 . 6/30/2010
Very rigid and excellent depiction. it needed to be done, we all forget the Marine way. You did them proud!

Thank you.
Nightodie chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
This is really interesting, thank you!
Jen DeClan chapter 2 . 6/27/2010
Well, this chapter was not F'd up-it evoked so much emotion and I could see it unfold like a movie in my mind.I always thought Captain Anderson got a raw deal and it was good to see the reverence shown him by the crew and Claire. Oo'rah! To this chapter! Awesome!
Jenna53 chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Very nice story. Thanks.
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I'm sure I've said this before but I really like how you add more military traditions to stories like these.

I wonder now if you're going to show the actual ceremony?
jillyfae chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I love this... the military color is well-done, and I love Claire Shepard's personality.