Reviews for Hail To Whatever You Found In The Sunlight
Roadrunnerz chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Desperately trying to stay awake on a deadly dull Sunday at work, I came across this and wanted to let you know it totally brightened my afternoon.

Loved this. Gorgeous writing and beautiful characterization. Always wished the show could've delved into their past a little more, but now I'm convinced they wouldn't have done nearly as well as this, so maybe it's better they didn't.

thanks! :)
cmlynn chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Today I decided to read your newest fic, loved it, and proceeded to begin reading all of yours. This fic is one of those that, until we're told otherwise on television, I'm going to consider it as actual events in the lives of Cal and Gillian. Great characterization, and excellent way to show how the Lightman Group started.
yaba chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
1st of all i loved the title. it was original and quite fitting to the story. Zoe is a character I find intriguing but in a slightly repulsive way if that makes sense, so this was interesting to read. I also liked the intimacy between G/C and I loved the way you set up what happened between them to start the business. I liked it :)

Yana
AnnabelleVictoria chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
i love the flashbacks and jealous/uncomfortable zoe. this is awesome.
Maura-boo-147 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Awwww! luv the flashbacks to bits :)
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I love this take on the episode:)
Solivagant chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I loved this! It was just beautiful and brilliant, certainly one of the better stories I've read in a while. I loved the story you spun of the beginning of the Lightman Group. It was both fitting and ingenious at the same time.

Loved this line: "All these years he'd thought he was the one protecting her, keeping her away from the dark and in the light, but it turns out she'd been forced into the shadows before she'd even met him and all he'd done was help keep her there."

Well done!

Miranda
csiAngel chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
This is brilliant. I like the way it flows; I like the segments about Zoe; I love the Cal/Gill stuff. Such a perfect mixture and great accompaniment to the ep. Thank you for sharing.
LightWoman chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Oh, that was fantastic. I love all your stories, and this was no exception. I'm glad someone's written about how they started the company, because with the timings shown on the episode it does seem strange that they'd start a company together so quickly after meeting, when I, and I guess most people, always assumed they'd known each other for quite a while before he left the Pentagon and they started The Lightman Group. Anyway, you managed to make it very believable. I loved her shoebox - "without you we'd be working out of a shoebox" sprang to mind, and the interactions with Zoe were spot on. Thanks for writing.
sass787 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Great story thanks :)
lovethemajor chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Wow. Fantastic. Utterly believable. Your characterizations are spot on, esp. Zoe. Great progression of events. Can easily visualize the conversation that sows the seed for The Lightman Group. Loved Gillian's and Zoe's different reactions to the flour on their clothes. Loved these lines:

He wonders how he can make up for the fear that he's caused her to feel. He wonders how he can ever apologize enough considering, as it turns out, she's been protecting him the entire time. All these years he'd thought he was the one protecting her, keeping her away from the dark and in the light, but it turns out she'd been forced into the shadows before she'd even met him and all he'd done was help keep her there.

"Don't do this to yourself," she whispers, as she sees all of these emotions flitter across his face. "I would do it all again in a heartbeat."

"I'm going to make sure that you never have to," he replies, and his fierce certainty both reassures and scares her. She feels safe, yet uncertain at the same time, almost as if she's standing atop a cliff holding his hand and the sun is shining, but he has one foot over the edge and she knows she's never going to let go so she might just fall with him if it ever comes to that." Beautiful. Great writing.
Zeeka chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
That was butifully written- I loved it!
tvaddict23 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Such an ambiguous ending to that episode. Nice bit of back story, and I can TOTALLY see Zoe being jealous of Gillian. Nicely done piece of story-telling.
Reginetta chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I couldn't wait to read a story set after the flashbacks in sweet sixteen... This was very well written, detailed and I really really liked it. Just one thing: I don't think Zoe's part in the Group came from her financing it at the beginning, if I remeber in 2.01 Cal says "It's yours, you got it in the divorce.". But maybe I'm wrong and in any case it takes absolutely nothing away from your great story! :)