Reviews for Tales of the Battle
dianaanne chapter 25 . 9/18
This is a really well-written story. Compelling, too.
aalens chapter 25 . 8/20
With the intention of getting back into reading HP fanfiction I read a couple of other authors’ stories without much enjoyment, before belatedly thinking ‘Northumbrian!’. You haven’t published anything here for a while now, which is sad, but re-reading I’m finding is just as good...well, almost as good, at least it is when I don’t reread some of your fics that I’ve read over and over again in the past so that I almost know them off by heart.
As is always the case with your stories, these 25 short ones are showcases for your talents, not the least of which is casting a spell. Thank you.
cahomi chapter 10 . 6/25
I love this chapter so much.
lemondrizzlecake chapter 25 . 4/18
I really enjoyed this collection, there's so much potential with the Battle of Hogwarts, so many stories and points of view to explore. I particularly enjoyed the unexpected ones, Al Webb, Mark Moon, and so on. I also really loved Neville's. Another great work from you, but I still have to find one I don't enjoy. Pretty sure I won't :)
Sterling McGonnegal chapter 11 . 2/16
This is one of my favorite stories of yours (and therefore of all fanfiction) and in it you introduce my three favorite O.C.'s. Mark Moon, Fenella Grey. and "the Fiscal." I know the last has very little "screen-time," but she reminds me of one of my favorite people I met during my time in the Navy. He was the Command Master Chief which is the highest ranking enlisted man on any station, and there is only one on any station. The only higher ranking enlisted man was Master Chief of the Navy (although of course being on a larger ship or station would be more prestigious.) Our Master Chief was on an Aircraft Carrier, and they don't come much larger than THAT. We loved our Master Chief, but we also were terrified of him because he had almost no delineated duties so if you singled yourself out for "special attention" he had almost unlimited time to make your life a living hell.
Red047 chapter 25 . 12/21/2019
I've just finished till Tales of the battle reading in the order you've mentioned. And it was an amazing ride! Excellent work, sir! The language used fits each story perfectly, and the imagination at work deserves much compliment, not to mention the research done. I'm excited as to what comes ahead, after BH.
Dawn chapter 25 . 7/23/2019
Really, an excellent collection of stories that I am beginning to think of as "cannon" - Greg killing Colin - absolutely heartbreaking. Neville's story - the best out of 25 excellent ones. We know what happened with the giant spider from another of your stories and it surely wasn't an accident. We see how it could have come to be that Hannah and Neville married - this has always alluded me until your writing. Excellent story and though I have no idea what HPFF is, I am truly sorry you were banned!
justanothermugglefan chapter 10 . 9/8/2018
In all my years of reading fanfiction, this chapter ought be the greatest that I have read. The passion Oliver has for Quidditch is insurmountable!
Jimbocous chapter 25 . 9/4/2018
An incredible series of stories that fill in the backstory of the HP world. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea. but I found this and the other stories in the series very rewarding. Thanks for some great reads!
fictionfanII chapter 25 . 7/24/2018
Another amazing tale.
I've read just about all of them now, Love this universe...
Guest chapter 25 . 4/9/2018
I greatly enjoy your works Northumbria. They are what I read whenever I get sick and need to stay in bed.

DA Jones/ Ydnas Odell
Books85 chapter 25 . 2/16/2018
I have been going through your work in the order that it was written ever since I found a favorite of Strangers at Drakeshaugh (an excellent story and a good introduction to your work ... I do hope that you will complete it!) You have a gift for having all òf your stories exist within the same reality . I quite like it.
It has been a while since I reread Book 7, and my memories of the DH, pt. 2 movies are foggy due to my own low tolerance for violence. However this story does an excellent job of breaking the chaos into comprehensible form. Thank you for that! Thanks for Irma Pince's story , too. I appreciate Jo Rowling for inspiring a decade of children to read, whilst I worked as a children's librarian for more than 30 years trying to do exactly that . And the one exemplar of my career in her work was the sort of person who I woùld encourage to work somewhere else . Alas! But in Index you show the quiet heroism of documentation and management of information . All librarians are in your debt. (Even retired Children's Librarians . )
mannd1068 chapter 16 . 11/12/2017
I can't imagine Michael's horror. Good chapter
mannd1068 chapter 7 . 11/12/2017
Poor Ernie... so left behind, searching for a place to be important. Good chapter.
Guest chapter 4 . 2/13/2017
Had to come back and read this chapter because of you know why. So sad.