Reviews for Tales of the Battle
charm chapter 13 . 12/1/2010
This is a great story like all your others. I was looking forward to seeing the battle in Colin's perspective. How do you get updates when you post new chapters, if this is unfinished?
anniepFF chapter 2 . 10/12/2010
I'm currently reading "Hunters and Prey" and was confused when I read that Rabastan Lestrange topped the list because I thought that Augusta Longbottom had killed him. At first I was feeling sorry for Harry and company, that due to Augusta's secret they didn't know what had happened to Rabastan. After reading several H&P chapters, this point really bothered me so I went back to Augusta's letter. I think the brothers' names got a bit mixed up here, based on these 4 quotes from her explanation:

"Her blasts drove Cleverley's killer from his hiding place and I saw him run into the forest. I recognised him immediately, it was Rodolphus Lestrange."

"I had the opportunity to remove Rabastan Lestrange from the path of the Acromantula, but I did not."

"... you would have saved Rabastan Lestrange..."

"His body was found and identified after the battle and now only his brother Rodolphus remains at large."

I believe that Augusta killed Rodolphus and Rabastan is being hunted by the aurors.

Thank you for these two fantastic stories-and I'll be leaving you a review for H&P soon.
anniepFF chapter 13 . 10/5/2010
What an amazing series of vignettes! I love how you varied the situations and voices. My favorites were of Luna and Oliver, but all were enjoyable and touching. Do you know that this isn't in your "storyverse" list? It ought to be for those, like me, who decide to read their way through your version of the HP universe.
sliz225 chapter 13 . 10/3/2010
I hated how little JKR gave us about the final battle, so i'm glad somebody's filling in the gaps! This is a very sweet, very honest story, that's totally in canon and in character. I'm adding you to my updates list, because this story is really going somewhere.
NinnyTreetops chapter 13 . 9/29/2010
I love this series. I've been waiting for someone to write something like it for ages, and you're doing a great job.

Cannot wait to read more
fireburnshot chapter 13 . 9/28/2010
Even in battle, Cho doesn't give up does she?

This is still an amazing piece of writimg...truly it is.
A Wanderer in the Snow chapter 10 . 9/18/2010
I really like this one in particular, all of them are great, I love the different perspectives! I had a Matron at school, and I know she would have been the same, a great piece of writing!
smkffnut chapter 13 . 9/17/2010
Well you are continuing with your brilliant writing skills! Your characterizations and the extra, mostly canon-based, information are spot on! Can't wait for another chapter! Thanks for writing!
FlittingGemini chapter 13 . 9/13/2010
Cool, well done on Cho's perspective. I enjoyed the in-depth characterization of Marietta as well. At least it seems as though she didn't hurt them, though she didn't help either.
FriendofMolly chapter 13 . 9/12/2010
North,

Cho was never my favorite character. But you did her justice in this story, until the end. She reverts back to being a twit. But I was impessed by her retrieveing Marietta Galleon. So that was good. Keep it going.

FoM
Feff chapter 13 . 9/12/2010
Cho is not one of my favorite characters but you have done a god job of writing her.

Best wishes,

FriendofMolly chapter 12 . 9/9/2010
North,

A Muggleborn's story about the death of another Muggleborn. The saddest part is the guilt. Those who were DA needed to be there. Colin was no exception, even though he was underage. You have given us more of the heart of the story.

FoM
Feff chapter 12 . 9/9/2010
North,

Great job. The story of the resistance is a great read. Too often in Fan Fic, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are portrayed as the only people who fought the war. Thank you for giving voice to those who fought the war as well.

Best Wishes,

Feff chapter 11 . 9/8/2010

Great job as usual.

Best wishes,

jadely31 chapter 11 . 9/8/2010
Great story, based on great premise. I like the way you have written it (very well, proofread), the individual sketches, the believable characters. I was disappointed to finish this last chapter and hope you will continue this story.
280 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »