Reviews for Tales of the Battle
Nothingtoseeatall chapter 25 . 8/15/2014
This was a wonderful set of stories. I'm so sorry about HPFF and how they treated you, it was unfair and unjust. I'm so glad I've found you on here, as your stories are wonderful, as is your style of writing. I'm off to read some more of them now!
Just William chapter 7 . 8/12/2014
We stick together, you know that. I had to go and fetch Colin, because can't Apparate.
Missing the word "he" from this sentence.
I hope you don't think I am being picky :)
kitana415 chapter 25 . 8/9/2014
I began reading your stories on a different site, but decided to follow you here as SIYE's rule exclude some of your work (including this one). Boy, am I glad I did. I especially enjoyed Buckbeak's revenge :)
Time's Quill chapter 25 . 7/23/2014
This is really, really good- it's definitely Headcanon for me now. I love how you write each chapter and really paid attention to that particular character's voice, and I really liked how everything tied together. Even the structure of the story itself; beginning and ending with two co-workers was a great move. Very well done! :)
Caeryn Lae chapter 25 . 7/9/2014
Thank you for all these great stories, it was a joy to read them. My favourite was your characterisation of Narcissa Malfoy, truly stunning.
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 25 . 6/23/2014
Great work, Northumbrian! Hooked from the first word; and, yes, I've been reading most of the day. Thank you so much for your brilliant imaginings and observations, and for sharing these stories. I'm certainly enjoying reading these connected stories.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/16/2014
Someone has copied your work (again) and is trying to pass it off as their own: s/10274122/1/voldermot-doesn-t-play-quidditch
yiota146 chapter 5 . 4/11/2014
I admit I read this collection a long time ago, when your universe was still in its infancy, before I realised how determined you were to keep as close to canon as possible. When I re-read this, I was surprised to see a possible deviation from canon. If you remember, when six of the Seven Potters (aside from Moody and Dung) reported in at The Burrow, Tonks reported that Bellatrix specifically targetted her, and then she said that they got Rodolphus. The way I understood it, he was probably hit by a curse and fell from his broom. I consedered him to already be dead, and that was why he didn't appear at Malfoy Manor when Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dean and Griphook "visited", and why it nobody questioned his absence from "Bellatrix's" side when she "visited" Gringotts.

I certainly understand the poetic justice of Augusta killing Rodolphus, I understand you wanting it this way, I just think it's a deviation from canon, and therefore different to the rest of your universe.
OCD ADD Goldfish chapter 25 . 2/25/2014
I enjoyed reading this, it was very well written and the different perspectives were interesting.

However, I was a bit disappointing that there weren't more Slytherin's and the majority of those that were included, were "dark". Like on Voldemort's side, with the exception of the Malfoys, but they weren't exactly for the light either. Although, I wouldn't expect them to. In that aspect, I think you were spot on.

But anyway, this is a great collection. :)
Ember Nickel chapter 4 . 1/11/2014
These are great. "Desirable #1" was humorous, your Luna voice was strong, and I loved the idea of levitating weapons to defeat trolls being standard protocol.
Tygershark chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This has to be my all-time favorite Post-DH story. Beautifully written and the characters are spot on. Although I am an American I find it irritating to see the word mom coming from a British character. The only thing worse is to see the word pants being used in the place of trousers. Thank you for the thoroughly captivating story.
Vicki Turner chapter 25 . 1/6/2014
I feel like it's fitting to end with the librarian. I think her role is similar to an author's; authors are the cataloguers of the story, taking no active part, but finding value in the sharing of information-true or fictional.

I liked her musings on the nature of tragedy, how there have been worse wars in the past, but not for these people experiencing it and her questioning if several teenagers makes the loss of life more tragic, questioning our ability to compare tragedies.

These were a wonderful collection of stories. Thank you for writing them!
Vicki Turner chapter 15 . 1/6/2014
I"m so mad at Goyle! Poor Colin Creevy! :(
Vicki Turner chapter 14 . 1/6/2014
Great job. Draco is a self-centered jerk, but he is also a scared little boy, and I think you captured both of those things here. I love the end with Charlie-it made me laugh!
Marinka chapter 24 . 12/3/2013
I think that Tales are your greatest story, this chapter made me cry...
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »