Reviews for Tales of the Battle
Caeryn Lae chapter 25 . 7/9/2014
Thank you for all these great stories, it was a joy to read them. My favourite was your characterisation of Narcissa Malfoy, truly stunning.
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 25 . 6/23/2014
Great work, Northumbrian! Hooked from the first word; and, yes, I've been reading most of the day. Thank you so much for your brilliant imaginings and observations, and for sharing these stories. I'm certainly enjoying reading these connected stories.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/16/2014
Someone has copied your work (again) and is trying to pass it off as their own: s/10274122/1/voldermot-doesn-t-play-quidditch
yiota146 chapter 5 . 4/11/2014
I admit I read this collection a long time ago, when your universe was still in its infancy, before I realised how determined you were to keep as close to canon as possible. When I re-read this, I was surprised to see a possible deviation from canon. If you remember, when six of the Seven Potters (aside from Moody and Dung) reported in at The Burrow, Tonks reported that Bellatrix specifically targetted her, and then she said that they got Rodolphus. The way I understood it, he was probably hit by a curse and fell from his broom. I consedered him to already be dead, and that was why he didn't appear at Malfoy Manor when Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dean and Griphook "visited", and why it nobody questioned his absence from "Bellatrix's" side when she "visited" Gringotts.

I certainly understand the poetic justice of Augusta killing Rodolphus, I understand you wanting it this way, I just think it's a deviation from canon, and therefore different to the rest of your universe.
OCD ADD Goldfish chapter 25 . 2/25/2014
I enjoyed reading this, it was very well written and the different perspectives were interesting.

However, I was a bit disappointing that there weren't more Slytherin's and the majority of those that were included, were "dark". Like on Voldemort's side, with the exception of the Malfoys, but they weren't exactly for the light either. Although, I wouldn't expect them to. In that aspect, I think you were spot on.

But anyway, this is a great collection. :)
Ember Nickel chapter 4 . 1/11/2014
These are great. "Desirable #1" was humorous, your Luna voice was strong, and I loved the idea of levitating weapons to defeat trolls being standard protocol.
Tygershark chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This has to be my all-time favorite Post-DH story. Beautifully written and the characters are spot on. Although I am an American I find it irritating to see the word mom coming from a British character. The only thing worse is to see the word pants being used in the place of trousers. Thank you for the thoroughly captivating story.
Vicki Turner chapter 25 . 1/6/2014
I feel like it's fitting to end with the librarian. I think her role is similar to an author's; authors are the cataloguers of the story, taking no active part, but finding value in the sharing of information-true or fictional.

I liked her musings on the nature of tragedy, how there have been worse wars in the past, but not for these people experiencing it and her questioning if several teenagers makes the loss of life more tragic, questioning our ability to compare tragedies.

These were a wonderful collection of stories. Thank you for writing them!
Vicki Turner chapter 15 . 1/6/2014
I"m so mad at Goyle! Poor Colin Creevy! :(
Vicki Turner chapter 14 . 1/6/2014
Great job. Draco is a self-centered jerk, but he is also a scared little boy, and I think you captured both of those things here. I love the end with Charlie-it made me laugh!
Marinka chapter 24 . 12/3/2013
I think that Tales are your greatest story, this chapter made me cry...
wickedcml chapter 9 . 10/25/2013
I really like how you moved the story forward with Susan, Ernie, Hannah and Justin. It was very well done.
wickedcml chapter 6 . 10/25/2013
Such deep insightful thoughts from Susan. Thanks for including her since her names is mentioned a lot in the books and we don't much much about her other than most of her family were killed.
wickedcml chapter 5 . 10/24/2013
Thanks for ending this chapter on a funny note. How sad for Augusta to carry that with her all those years. Though I would like to think I would have released him, with everything that they had been though and a war they were still fighting I might have done the same. :-/ Thanks for taking us from the war to Neville's future though the occasion is for a sad reason.
wickedcml chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
Leave it to Luna to sum things up in so many different ways. I'm happy that Terry stood up for her and her honesty.
296 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »