Reviews for Tales of the Battle
erm31323 chapter 3 . 6/13/2013
This a perfect characterization of Luna and the way that she thinks. I also like how you start each chapter with small hints about who each character is and let the reader try and figure it out first. I am really enjoying this so far.
rskanumuri chapter 20 . 5/5/2013
Buck Beak's was my favorite by far!
Guest chapter 5 . 3/17/2013

Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
From ngayonatkailanman

Excellent start.
keeptheotherone chapter 25 . 3/5/2013
I loved your characterization of Irma, her obvious love of order, her pride in creating sense out of chaos, and especially her broad and rather obscure vocabulary :) You made me like her even though you kept the disagreeable parts of her character.

I thoroughly enjoyed this entire story; you did a wonderful job with characterization, plot, and continuity :D
keeptheotherone chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
I really like this in-depth looks at other perspectives of the battle, especially the Auror/law enforcement details you created for this one. The jumble of the abbreviations and acronyms on the forms might just be my favorite part! Wondering if Rebecca's hate stemmed from her absence of magic or his possession of it, the ease of finding her for a Muggle-born Auror, the nightmares blurring Tina's body with his daughter's, even the female employees coming to the Auror office to see Harry, are all great, realistic details.
keeptheotherone chapter 23 . 3/5/2013
All this time, and it's Narcissa who is the master Slytherin. Brilliant.
keeptheotherone chapter 22 . 3/5/2013
Millicent is scary! I wouldn't cross her. Another great perspective.
keeptheotherone chapter 21 . 3/5/2013
You're really reminding me of my parents here. My mother (and supposedly, her mother) say "it's always darkest just before dawn," and my dad, who served in the Army Reserves, used to say, "lead, follow, or get out of the way" whenever I dallied about something. I loved the tiny hint of Neville/Ginny. "I've been giving orders for a year, but Ginny was not very good at following them. She would always question orders, unless they were from Harry"-that made me laugh :D I love when Luna's Ravenclaw-ness shows up, like with the Homenum Revelio spell. Seeing Hannah, Ginny's apology, killing the snake... This might be my favorite chapter so far :)
keeptheotherone chapter 20 . 3/5/2013
Buckbeak! Brilliant :D I loved his names for the other characters and the voice you used.
keeptheotherone chapter 19 . 3/5/2013
Writing a chapter from the POV of a set of parents was a great idea! Drawing connections between wizarding families, the way Mr. Brown blamed Harry and Ron for Lavender's involvement, the Flumes passing out chocolate, all wonderful details.
keeptheotherone chapter 17 . 3/5/2013
I liked how Terry accepted Luna belonging in Ravenclaw and appreciated her optimism, as well as Terry's observations about himself and the way he drew conclusions based on how others treated him.
285 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »