Reviews for Dragon Age: The Crown of Thorns
Ibilliss chapter 74 . 51m
aaaaah i missed this

wherein this reffers to all the political shitstorms roanar brings meerly by existing within the same dimension as any other living being,sentience optional
The Dark Eccentric chapter 25 . 1/26
I guessed pretty quickly what was going on, but great chaoter nonetheless. Good way to lead into this arc, especially since you were able to quickly sum up what we missed in between. Nice job. I did notice another inconsistency in Raonar's dream. Not sure if it was intentional since he didn't mention it as how he realized something was wrong but still. Near the beginning it was made to seem he didn't remember going to the surface at all. But then later it's mentioned he lent Trian Gorim as his second while he went for a year to "save the world". I guess it could be some Deep Roads excursion but it sounded like he left to the sruface to fight the Blight or something.
Anyways, I'm only reviewing every few chapters when I have something particular to say since i'm guessing you won't be doing major edits to a long finished story. So some points on earlier chapters, I love the characters and how you're portraying them and altering the story and everything. Very well done. Love the relationshipsand interplay and how you're doing like all the canon routes at once. As a shipper i also love the romance you're throwing in. (Especially FarenxKallian, OTP, heh.)
I'd say keep up the good work but...well you're done already so I will assume you did keep up the good work and keep reading.
The Dark Eccentric chapter 22 . 1/8
To be fair, he was next in line for Dwarven King, though they don't know that i think.
Been a while since I read this due to being busy and having lots of other things to read. Do really enjoy this and the characters though.
Raonar is just great though and always seems to know how to handle things. Treated Shale well and got along to an almost unreal extent. Dealt with Sten promptly and firmly. Looks like you did change a few thigns around when it comes to Sten though, eith his sword and him apparently being infected. Though to be fair, it always seemed odd none of the party got Tainted in canon with only two wardens.
I'll admit, Raonar does feel like a borderline Mary Sue at some points. Unreal power, well liked, always seems to know what to do, rarely if ever fails in his plans. I like him, but he is a little unreal in how great he is. But he does have flaws and things have gone wrong for him a few times. His powers do have costs. So you do manage to avoid it but it comes close sometimes.
Vhostym chapter 60 . 12/6/2015
I love this deconstruction of Bhelen but I do think you missed 2 arguments that do give a reason for characters to support him even with all of what you mentioned.

1 (The RP reason): If you aren't a dwarf and don't particularly care about Orzammar beyond simple convenience, then Bhelen sounds like a good choice as he promises to improve trade. This means that you will have your lyrium supply lines and other goods allowing you to succeed in your war effort. I could see a mage, elf, maybe even a human choosing this because they just don't care what happens to Orzammar afterwards and just want their damn army and goods.

2 (The Metagame Reason): The only time I ever chose Behlen was for this reason. There is a very good item (I think it's a dagger) in the palace, which is only accessible if you side with Behlen or after Orzammar (if you side with Harrowmont). In a nightmare run with a dual-wielding warrior I chose Behlen because it allowed me to get this item early without having to run through the difficult parts of the deep roads.

Love your story and hope it continues to be as good as it has so far.
Dunkels Cloudgazer chapter 11 . 10/31/2015
Best chapter yet! By the way, which codex entry is that poem from? It is haunting.
Brian chapter 48 . 10/12/2015
Just read the Second Chapter That Isn't, and I think it loses some ummph without Terra Prima (that is, this Earth) dates on the chapters.
rina chapter 21 . 10/7/2015
Rinne is learning. Gods help us all...
rina chapter 13 . 10/6/2015
Drinking... poultices? Drinking poultices?! DRINKING POULTICES!?
Jonathan chapter 56 . 8/21/2015
They appear to have shut down groove shark, so a new link would be nice if you have time.
Nafram chapter 73 . 8/19/2015
And I reach the latest chapter at last, having witnessed all main quests before the lands meet but one being completed.
I'm glad Raonar is well now, and better than ever, and I'm glad that Faren seems like he will get better.
And Gwen is finally getting her turn when it comes to upgrades, what with her super sense and Berserkering/Weird magic, I theorize as well that the super sense will be the foundation to her specialization as a champion. Now all that's left is to wait a cruel amount of time for every new update, as happens with every good, well thought fanfiction
Nafram chapter 59 . 8/18/2015
I am left speechless, I loved this chapter, the way Bhelen was humiliated.
I didn't even particularly hate Bhelen, but this was too priceless
Nafram chapter 9 . 8/15/2015
Kallian...I also named my City Elf like that, she was a dual wielding brunette warrior, and the Warden with my fondest memories... Now that I think about it, Kallian is probably the default name.
Nafram chapter 6 . 8/15/2015
Masterful, simply masterful.
I absolutely adore what you've written so far.
The cunning, the planning, the greatest displays of honor I could ask for.
You have given me one of the greatest begginings to a story I could ask for, and for that, I thank you
Nafram chapter 1 . 8/15/2015
Quite entertaining so far, I particularly enjoyed Raolnar's character, and I hope to see more of Faren as well in the future
Shieldage chapter 19 . 8/5/2015
Heh, interesting way for Raonar to stand up to Flemeth. In Dragons of the North and South, found on the DeviantArt page of Ms Katonic, one of the reveals is that Flemeth is Andraste. It's a Skyrim crossover, so it's explained as her being a Dragonborn who was set to close the Gates to the Fade before she was so brutally betrayed... Apparently the Tamriel backstory has an Alessia whose final pact helped seal the mortal realm from the planes of Oblivion...

Looking forward to how you develop this story and everyone's backstory. Holding together very well so far. Great to see what extra competent people can do to change the world