Reviews for The Battle for Yaralet
Good Work chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
This is a very interesting story, please continue.
mike chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
I liked this one more than the other - a little more polished, but you could still clean up the grammar, punctuation, and mechanics a bit. As with your other story, I want more descriptive action, nonetheless, this is better than anything I've written.
Ltlconf chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Howdy!

Ya know, kinda curious were Yaralet actually IS, but I guess it don't matter much!

Ya do the Sword and Sorcery well and the villain was a nice mix of scaringly psychotic and competant yet also he proceeds to completely self destruct when things fall apart. Yet he's scary while fainly comical as he comes apart at being bested by women.

I understand this wasn't a Conan story per se so no complaint on the lack of him. Hyboria ia a big world and there are plenty of people he runs into and yet we never here of again. Thus I hope to see more like this! Maybe even more of Ereshka and Iniri, as it looks like they'll have a long reign. Stories of there reign throughout its time would be cool. In the S&S we always hear of the lone wanderer but we never here of what the rulers have ta do ta keep the throne and protect what little civilization. I want to hear what those who get power and use it well go through. Sure Yaralet is at peace most of the time, but as anyone who studies politics know that's HARD to do!

Damned fine story and Queen Ereshka is one hell of an admirable heroine as is Iniri. Blind Jerim is intersting in and of himself a fascinating character: loyal and cunning with a talent for spottin' the main chance for his city. In a way Jerim is Ereshka's secret weapon!

I do want more!
iwanttobeapaperbackwriter chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
I liked this, it was very good. You enjoy the two female lead characters and treat them with care. I would have enjoyed it if villain had been more successful and created more of a dilemma for Conan to overcome. Otherwise, great story. Keep it up.
Taft chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
A bit short and far too little of the Cimmerian and his awesome battle skills. Still, a fine short.
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Great story. I would really like to read more about those two.
Lodylodylody chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Do you realize you're like amazing at he swords and sorcery genre? You've got to do more of these. :)

I was worried that Ereshka's sacrifice would prove fatal...so glad that it turned out not to be the case. Also thought it was a great that you showed the bad guy's side of things at times...and watching him geeting frustrated as his forces and plans came undone. Usually the 'invincible evil overlord' is played as grim and never doubting...whereas you showed this joker was a huge loser. Loved it.
Fanfickera chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I have never read a Conan fic...in fact, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen or heard anything about Conan since the 1980s movie. In short, I have no idea why I clicked on this story... but I'm SO glad I did! Your writing style is such that it drew me into a world that I knew nothing about and kept me there. You've managed to make me care for characters I don't even know. Wonderfully written!