Reviews for Embers
Suomenlinna chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I really liked this one. The first time I read it, I skipped all the italicised parts to see, if the bodylanguage would work even without your telling what it was supposed to convey. And I must say, it did, somehow. So, well done there. I also like the switch from pure body language to actual dialogue and the suggested change back to nonverbal communication at the end.
LuffyMarra chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
This was cute. I liked it.
Swiping Monocles chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I am crying.

Am I supposed to be crying?

This is so beautifully written that the emotions are conveyed perfectly. The bits in Italics, the body language parts were extremely powerful.
Kirrae chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
For someone who claims to have little experience in the romantic department, I don't think you need it. Regardless of your experience, or lack thereof, this works, and it works well. Not because it's true to life or even because it speaks with the wisdom of too much experience, but because it comes from your heart and the story unfolds from the characters in a way that is all too natural for them, and that's whats so heartbreaking about it. Because even though it's happy, it's bitter, and therefore it's everything that they are as a couple.

In short, I loved this. A lot.
kira1525 chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
That's Cute~ D
Hawk wing chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Interesting take, making the story more centered around body language than dialogue. It was a bit hard to get into (reading the italics as body language) in the beginning, but once I got used to it, it was awesome. This could actually make a cool comic to help accentuate the body language. Nicely written _ And I have accentuate in a paragraph with 'awesome' and 'cool'...nice lol
The Lucille Incident chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
First off, I love the way you made them talk through their body language. It's not often you see that style. You did this so very well! I very much enjoyed this fic and would love to see more like this!
a writer with love chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I actually found it really cute and sweet just made me fo awww haha liked the story anddddd the cool detail :) good job!
Epicurus chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I think this story would fit in the romance category even though there is a hint of angst.

I like the overall tone of this work. I just wonder if they were mainly communicating through body language that you translated into Italics.

For example: He slowly set his quill against the hard wood of the desk, (What do you want?)-Italicized

Were the words 'what do you want' actually spoken?