Reviews for The Luckiest Daddy in the World
Guest chapter 1 . 12/16/2017
Memoirs of an Opera Cat ( extracts )
. You see, I am not of Paris. Before I was Duchess, my original name is Pirlipat Stepanova Vostoka. My parents are the cats of some of the finest courtiers in the Tsarist court. My father is the royal court's opera master's cat, and my mother was the Tsarina's most cherished cat
. Life in Russia was a lot different than the one in Paris. Growing up, I was fed with ideas of the rigid social caste system, the cold weather and raised in the Bolshoi Academy with many other animal stars. My mother is not an affectionate woman. Every time she would sit me up and critizise everything I do. ' You!' she would say ' are not interesting.'
. In my early kitten memories, I played with the Tsar's 4 daughters and later on, their little boy. Such sweet little angels are they- especially Maria. Maria is so soft and docile and carrying, unlike her younger sister Anastasia. Too wild, I must confess, but I do love her company.
. Paris was a lot ore gentler than St Petersburg. The weather was warmer, the social class was less strict and the political situation was a lot more democratic than in Russia. Russian ladies do not have any political say at all. Here, I can breathe.
. My own husband- dead, dead, dead! What of my children? What of the opera house? I simply stood there- frozen- as Monsiuer Beuragac tearfully told me the news. My tail dropped, and my conscious slowly began fail me...
. It is quite flattering how mon petit enfants encourage my feelings towards Monsiuer O Malley. But I am no fool. My 3 kittens are too naïve to know the conventions of the world. Let Marie indulge in her impossible fantasies and Berlioz commit mischief. Someday such wild fantasies must fall...
. Russia is not a safe place as it had once been. Riots kept sprung up, and that new shady figure called Rasputin brought me a new outlook of the Tsarina whom I had loved so much. Was she really that sinful and idiotic- to actually engage in such a scandalous affair with such a brute? This is why I never wanted to let my new family go back to Russia, even if my children wanted to see the Petersburg palace in their own very eyes.
. When Thomas finally saw my full, real name, he cannot help but laugh. Oh no, Thomas is too much of a gentleman to even laugh at my real name. But he laughef at how his American tongue can't even pronounce a syllable in Cyrillic letters. How adorable.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2017
Memoirs of an Opera Cat ( Aristocats Fanfic )
I really, really love Duchess. She is one of my favorite Disney female leads ( aside from Lady, Belle and Vanessa Papillon ). So I wrote a fanfic of her life, before and after she met Thomas O Malley
Before she was named Duchess, her birth name is actually Pirlipat Stepanovna Vostoka ( meaning ' pearl of the east ). Raised in the Tsarist Russian court, her father Stepan is the cat of the Imperial Composer. Her mother was Tsarina Alexandra's cherished cat. Growing up, Pirlipat was professionally trained as an opera diva in the Bolshoi Academy, with other animal stars
At 17, she had her big debut to sing at a concert in honor of the Tsar. For a few years, she travelled home and abroad. In Paris, she met her first husband Wolfgang - the dashing and affluent cat of the Paris Opera House Master. Wolfgang was nothing like Thomas- he was give or take a decade older than Pirlipat and held a Phantom like influence over Pirlipat. Wolfgang was a sturdy black at with a bushy tale and a French accented voice in similarity of Lumiere. They marry on a Christmas morning and Duchess had her three children - Berlioz, Toulouse and Marie.
Her marriage to Wolfgang allowed her accomondation with the opera house master's mother- the aged opera diva Adelaide Bonfamille. Adelaide is very fond of her and changed her name to Duchess. When the kittens are really young, Wolfgang was murdered in a car crash. Duchess was so grieved that the music in her was almost lost in her, which is why she is wary of romantic fantasies
The kittens at around 6 in cat years when Duchess found love in Thomas- a jazz legend from NYC. The love she had for Thomas was nothing like the passion she had for Wolfgang. But she experienced a much more mature passion for Thomas. She was around 26 in cat years.
I can make it a bit more human AU here, with Duchess's father being the Imperil composer and her mother is one of the Tsarina's ladies in waiting.
RustyPete12 chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
This was a very sweet fanfic. I'll say this- I loved it!
AngelOfDarkness1959 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Aww, this was really sweet! I love it!

-Angel
jocelee chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
so cute!
Spottedfang chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Aww! That was such a cute story! I didn't think anyone would do a FanFic about this. I love this movie!
LarkOfTheSky chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
A few mistakes here and there- but I really loved it! It was -dare I say it?- puuurrfect! :-)

~Lark
softlyspokenwrittenloud chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Such a cute story! Totally loved it! :D
Heddwyn McCloud chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
The plot was ingenious, the characters were properly displayed (for the most part-see below), and the ending was quite emotional. This is one of your better Aristocat fanfictions, in my opinion.

Now for the criticism, and it's a big one. You were correct on Berlioz' and Toulouse's dialogue, and their hobbies, but throughout the entire fan-fic you kept saying Berlioz was the brown one and Toulouse was the black one. It should be the other way around, just thought I'd point that out to you.

Also, not once in this particular fan-fic spell Berlioz' name correctly (you kept spelling it Berloiz).

Other then that, well done!