Reviews for Action and Reaction
Massive HTTYD Fan chapter 1 . 10/28/2019
This really brings Watson’s struggles with Sherlock a lot closer to home... And also shows just how much of a friend he is.
Okapi chapter 1 . 9/3/2017
Oh, so lovely and so sad. Watson knows his weaknesses and Holmes's and soldiers on. Ends on a perfect (and perfectly somber) note. Thanks for giving me a heads-up.
cjnwriter chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Wow. I've never been much of a poetry reader, but this totally blew me away. Very heartfelt and IC, and I love the pattern (or whatever the proper poetry word is) that you used here.
medcat chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Well-crafted and IC :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
t
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
A great poem fic. Very well written.
123oe chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Dear god, this is absolutely gorgeous.

Please tell me how you've become so good at writing poetry.

I know practise makes perfect etc...but how on earth do you practise in poetry...

I'm not too bad a writing stories but my poetry is dreadful, I'd be so happy if you could help me!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Hoorah. It is good
blank00001 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
oooo LOVE that last part. oh the chills. THE CHILLS!

Excellent as always.
nomdeplume30 chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
beautiful and moving. I'm not a big fan of poetry, but your poems are certainly an exception.
damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Perfect!

You have a lovely lilting voice in this poem and it is quite beautiful without being too angsty. Very emotional! You captured both Watson’s loyalty and his frustration.

My favourite verse: “But if you're left alone, Then who will watch your back? And who will keep the light for you, When everything turns black? And who will simply wait, Or answer if you call? Or check that you don't overdose, Or catch you if you fall? And who would pick the pieces up? And whom would you trust more, Than one who stands beside you, Though you let him down before?” - Expresses a lot of feelings in a very short space of time and a few choice words.

The end makes me want to hug him!

~Damsel
Nytd chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
I had to pop over and check out some more of your SH writings after enjoying the first ones so much.

Another lovely piece. Watson's steadfast and loyal self simply infuses every line of verse here. But all his fears and frustrations are completely evident as well.

As with the others, this piece builds to a beautiful cresendo at the last phrase and quite an emotional one at that. Good old Watson. :)
sagredo chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
truthfully you've almost got me at a loss for words - I don't know how you manage to make such clear, coherent (by coherent I mean all the ideas flow together and progress smoothly), and ordered poems, for one - and this one conveyed the emotions involved so directly I'm really still sitting here thinking about it. Somehow reading about this in verse makes one feel what Watson feels all the more clearly. You can feel how saddened and defeated he feels, and how much he cares for Holmes, and yet how he still, for reasons he does not perhaps entirely comprehend, holds out hope. You really express the subtleties of Holmes and Watson's friendship, and in this case some of the subtleties of Watson's character, well.
Lemon Zinger chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
I can't say it enough: you are an AWESOME poet. You ever publish anything in RL? You should!

-LZ
Kiki Cabou chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
I can't stand angsty poetry. And yet, against all odds, this really worked. The simple rhythms, the short stanzas, the pauses for breath, the painful, complicated emotions rendered so simply and with so little fuss ... it was great. This bit is so warm and tender that I have to quote directly:

"But if you're left alone,

Then who will watch your back?

And who will keep the light for you,

When everything turns black?

And who will simply wait,

Or answer if you call?

Or check that you don't overdose,

Or catch you if you fall?"

It made me happy/sad in a very good way. Terrific work. It's really difficult to write a good poem, so my hat's off to you.