Reviews for Heroes And Friends
(Donny talking to Karen about reading TMNT fanfiction)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(the indirectly addressed Tcest part)

*dies* X'D
flikaroo chapter 50 . 6/6
What an epic adventure. You really captured the turtles well. Indeed poor Leo, hurt from the start. And I enjoyed the OC's too. I'm glad that the young boy stayed with his mom.
Leixym chapter 12 . 10/19/2014
Alright, I don't review as much as I should, and it's been around four years since this was updated/completed, but I do know a little Japanese. I'm still a beginner, but I do know eough to make some correctionns.

First, 'Miss Karen Vincent-san' in the previous chapter is a little...what's the word...? Ah, yes, redundant. -san is essentially Mr./Mrs./Miss all rolled into one.

Second, otou-san or tou-san might be a little more appropriate, as -chan is rather childish/feminine...it CAN also be used to indicate closeness, but -san would be more respectful.

Next, Kyoodai doko de should actually be something like Kyoudai wa doko desu ka? (with 'desu ka/ka' on the end, indicating that it's a question.) It might be something more along the lines of Anata no kyoudai wa doko desu ka? , with anata no meaning (I think) your, kyoudai meaning siblings, and doko meaning where.

I think the next sentence is mostly correct (except for the 'ka' after the 'desu'.) but daijoobu is actually romanized daijoubu, and the usual response is 'Hai, daijoubu desu.', though either the first word, last word, or both can be left off, and a simple hai or, hai, sensei isn't incorrect.

I'm not too sure about 'who are you.', though after searching it seems like the better translation is 'Anata wa dare desu ka?'

Aaaand again, just Miss or -san will do, not both...

I hope I helped! :D
Later!

-Lei-chan
theLadyCheshire chapter 50 . 8/29/2014
well wrap me in foam and call me a turtle. that was awesome! i loved the little family dynamic that all the characters fell into so quickly, with Karen stepping into the 'mom' role as easily as breathing. the intimidating first meeting was well done too, very tense, and i could almost SEE Raphael barreling into the barn like a silent tornado. i did wonder about Splinter's injury- one chapter, Karen's worried he won't make it, the next it's as if everybody's forgotten about it. also, wouldn't an injury by cat be more along the lines of three parallel slash marks? *is definitely not an expert*
Overall, very good.
Makokam chapter 50 . 2/4/2014
Well, this was interesting.
The end felt rather ant-climactic, to be honest. Not sure why. I think you might have kept the focus a little to tightly on Karen. Or, at the very least, didn't have her pointed in the most interesting direction at times.
Also, I have no idea if this was on purpose or not, but when it was revealed that Luke was 17 I stopped and went, "Are you - serious?!" Because I'd thought he was 15 at most. He sure didn't SOUND like he was 17, and obviously Karen didn't treat him like he was but that was a plot point. So...yeah. That was kinda weird.

I feel like the cougar was, surprisingly, not given enough attention. I mean, you mentioned it in the first couple of paragraphs and then when Splinter was revealed to be missing I immediately thought "Cougar". And every time after that I thought, "The cougar is gonna get Splinter." And then you mentioned the blood and the torn cloth and I was like, "DAMMIT THE COUGAR GOT SPLINTER!"
And then when Splinter is shown to be alive but not injured Karen was like, "Wow, what could have possibly happened?" And I was like, "COUGAR!"
And guess what? The cougar got him!
Why was nobody else like, "OMG! Our four-foot-tall, ninety-pound Father/Master who is also a rat is lost out in the woods while there's five feet and a 190 pounds of feline destruction roaming around!"

And John was suspicious as hell. "So, uh...yeah..if you see anything, and I mean ANYTHING weird, call me, kay? Like, seriously. Anything odd at all, let me know" I read that and was like, "Yeah...this guy totally has something to do with it."

I was glad to see you had a good reason for him to be working at the lab though.

I was also disappointed that there wasn't more of them seeing TMNT stuff. Like, the 25th anniversary movie. Especially after it seemed they all had gone through what happened in the first movie. But then...Mikey mentions being the Battle Nexus Champion. And then Luke mentions Donny getting sick which Raph promptly remembers followed by them getting existential and wondering if they're really real, but of course they are, cause they're here and flesh and blood...all which was happening in a fanfic. And I was wondering if they would "remember" any plot from any story or movie they were told about, like it really happened only they didn't know about it until it was mentioned and their world, lives, and memories is in a constant state of flux as various writers write new shows, movies, books, and fanfics.

But then that was more or less settled and shoved aside which surprised me because I thought that would have been a big plot point.

Anyway, a very good fic but I feel like it fell flat at points and just didn't live up to it's potential at time.

Makokam out.
Makokam chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Broken arm or not, I sincerely doubt that Leo couldn't have escaped that stall. I don't think I've seen a horse stall with walls more than seven feet high(unless they went all the way to the ceiling) and he's a godamned /ninja turtle/.

Anyway, aside from that, I really liked this. Very well written. Definitely worthy of the recommendation and I will continue reading.

Oh. One other thing. If Luke is a big fan of the Turtles...his mother would /probably/ have at least recognized the names even if she didn't recognize THEM.
erica.phoenix16 chapter 50 . 4/10/2013
I really enjoyed this story. thank you. :)
phoenix chapter 46 . 11/18/2012
i have read all of the chapters before this one before i saw this and just wanted you to now THAT YOU MUST NEVER STOP ARE THAT GOOD! P.S My favorite turtle is Rapheal. You make them seem SO REAL IT IS AWESOME! GOD I LOVE YOUR STORY.
Yincira chapter 24 . 7/4/2012
Not only is this story well written, it also makes a lot of sense. This is the first time I've read the immune system issues of the "cross reality" set-up be addressed.
luke chapter 2 . 4/16/2012
Im not going to make a full review of this chapter, i just wanted to note on how big of a coincidence this is. My name is also Luke, like your character, i am also sixteen years old, and i am also a ninja turtle fan. Can you believe that?
3LW00D chapter 19 . 4/7/2012
1. Love that song! Listen to it all the time!

2. Yay for not being the only one to carry all my stories and everything around like that.

3. Love this story!
SailorSedna052 chapter 50 . 1/5/2012
I love it! I hope you make a sequel.
Moon Dahee chapter 50 . 8/20/2011
Finished. I'm a really fast reader. I usually can't stop xDD. And, as I said before, I love the story.

However, I think Karen was a bit of a Mary Sue sometimes, but I like her anyway :). Luke's behavior was a bit childish though. I thought he was like 14 until I read he was about to turn 18.

But it was great, anyway.

I'll check out the fic you mentioned and your favorites stories as well :). If you have more recommendations, just tell me.

Btw, which is your favorite turtle? Mine's Raph since I was like 6 or something, but I really love them all.

Now I'm gonna sleep. Here is 2.30 am xD
Moon Dahee chapter 8 . 8/20/2011
Hello! :)

This is the first Tmnt fic I've read and... Guess what? I love it! The characters' personalities are damn right and I like Karen and Luke.

Plus your writing is good too. I can easily imagine all the scenes.

Now let's read the next chapter!
Jenihenpen chapter 50 . 8/17/2011
Ok, so after your review reply to Homeboy mentioning a sequel to Heroes and friends I started thinking 'have I read that?'

So yeah, I've just read this fic from start to finish with barely a pause to blink. Soooo well thought out and I love how little details early on tied up later on like you only get in really good books _

I also adored your character development, the tension and hard edges that made everyone so defensive of each other were so in character, though later when everyone relaxes and trusts each other you maintain that they're still totally 'themselves'.

Brilliant.