Reviews for Heroes And Friends
Makokam chapter 50 . 2/4
Well, this was interesting.
The end felt rather ant-climactic, to be honest. Not sure why. I think you might have kept the focus a little to tightly on Karen. Or, at the very least, didn't have her pointed in the most interesting direction at times.
Also, I have no idea if this was on purpose or not, but when it was revealed that Luke was 17 I stopped and went, "Are you - serious?!" Because I'd thought he was 15 at most. He sure didn't SOUND like he was 17, and obviously Karen didn't treat him like he was but that was a plot point. So...yeah. That was kinda weird.

I feel like the cougar was, surprisingly, not given enough attention. I mean, you mentioned it in the first couple of paragraphs and then when Splinter was revealed to be missing I immediately thought "Cougar". And every time after that I thought, "The cougar is gonna get Splinter." And then you mentioned the blood and the torn cloth and I was like, "DAMMIT THE COUGAR GOT SPLINTER!"
And then when Splinter is shown to be alive but not injured Karen was like, "Wow, what could have possibly happened?" And I was like, "COUGAR!"
And guess what? The cougar got him!
Why was nobody else like, "OMG! Our four-foot-tall, ninety-pound Father/Master who is also a rat is lost out in the woods while there's five feet and a 190 pounds of feline destruction roaming around!"

And John was suspicious as hell. "So, uh...yeah..if you see anything, and I mean ANYTHING weird, call me, kay? Like, seriously. Anything odd at all, let me know" I read that and was like, "Yeah...this guy totally has something to do with it."

I was glad to see you had a good reason for him to be working at the lab though.

I was also disappointed that there wasn't more of them seeing TMNT stuff. Like, the 25th anniversary movie. Especially after it seemed they all had gone through what happened in the first movie. But then...Mikey mentions being the Battle Nexus Champion. And then Luke mentions Donny getting sick which Raph promptly remembers followed by them getting existential and wondering if they're really real, but of course they are, cause they're here and flesh and blood...all which was happening in a fanfic. And I was wondering if they would "remember" any plot from any story or movie they were told about, like it really happened only they didn't know about it until it was mentioned and their world, lives, and memories is in a constant state of flux as various writers write new shows, movies, books, and fanfics.

But then that was more or less settled and shoved aside which surprised me because I thought that would have been a big plot point.

Anyway, a very good fic but I feel like it fell flat at points and just didn't live up to it's potential at time.

Makokam out.
Makokam chapter 1 . 2/1
Broken arm or not, I sincerely doubt that Leo couldn't have escaped that stall. I don't think I've seen a horse stall with walls more than seven feet high(unless they went all the way to the ceiling) and he's a godamned /ninja turtle/.

Anyway, aside from that, I really liked this. Very well written. Definitely worthy of the recommendation and I will continue reading.

Oh. One other thing. If Luke is a big fan of the Turtles...his mother would /probably/ have at least recognized the names even if she didn't recognize THEM.
erica.phoenix16 chapter 50 . 4/10/2013
I really enjoyed this story. thank you. :)
phoenix chapter 46 . 11/18/2012
i have read all of the chapters before this one before i saw this and just wanted you to now THAT YOU MUST NEVER STOP ARE THAT GOOD! P.S My favorite turtle is Rapheal. You make them seem SO REAL IT IS AWESOME! GOD I LOVE YOUR STORY.
Yincira chapter 24 . 7/4/2012
Not only is this story well written, it also makes a lot of sense. This is the first time I've read the immune system issues of the "cross reality" set-up be addressed.
luke chapter 2 . 4/16/2012
Im not going to make a full review of this chapter, i just wanted to note on how big of a coincidence this is. My name is also Luke, like your character, i am also sixteen years old, and i am also a ninja turtle fan. Can you believe that?
3LW00D chapter 19 . 4/7/2012
1. Love that song! Listen to it all the time!

2. Yay for not being the only one to carry all my stories and everything around like that.

3. Love this story!
SailorSedna052 chapter 50 . 1/5/2012
I love it! I hope you make a sequel.
Tabetaira chapter 50 . 8/20/2011
Finished. I'm a really fast reader. I usually can't stop xDD. And, as I said before, I love the story.

However, I think Karen was a bit of a Mary Sue sometimes, but I like her anyway :). Luke's behavior was a bit childish though. I thought he was like 14 until I read he was about to turn 18.

But it was great, anyway.

I'll check out the fic you mentioned and your favorites stories as well :). If you have more recommendations, just tell me.

Btw, which is your favorite turtle? Mine's Raph since I was like 6 or something, but I really love them all.

Now I'm gonna sleep. Here is 2.30 am xD
Tabetaira chapter 8 . 8/20/2011
Hello! :)

This is the first Tmnt fic I've read and... Guess what? I love it! The characters' personalities are damn right and I like Karen and Luke.

Plus your writing is good too. I can easily imagine all the scenes.

Now let's read the next chapter!
Jenihenpen chapter 50 . 8/17/2011
Ok, so after your review reply to Homeboy mentioning a sequel to Heroes and friends I started thinking 'have I read that?'

So yeah, I've just read this fic from start to finish with barely a pause to blink. Soooo well thought out and I love how little details early on tied up later on like you only get in really good books _

I also adored your character development, the tension and hard edges that made everyone so defensive of each other were so in character, though later when everyone relaxes and trusts each other you maintain that they're still totally 'themselves'.

Brilliant.
JohnPoe chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
Why is Karen touching them so much? Why in the world? She just touched raphael's arm and Don's shoulder twice in as many paragraphs. She should not be touching them, she doesn't know them, honestly, I don't know why she's out there-

Gah, I need to get a hold of myself. I really think I hate this Karen character. I've never raged so much at something before.

I-I'm sorry. I'm just gonna quit reading and stop flaming. I just... I just don't understand this character...
JohnPoe chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
AHH! I'm sorry, you're just KILLING ME. Are you a republican? You write like you're a conservative republican. Talking about soldiers and guns and terrorists and "being a guest in a home" and...

You're either very good at characterization and have made Karen into a horribly believable subtle redneck type, or you are sorta a subtle redneck type. God, I really love this story but... it's just so hard to get through how much I dislike these OCs...
JohnPoe chapter 9 . 7/10/2011
Now I'm not sure if this comment is going to be prove wrong in a later chapter, but...

The writing is fantastic and all, but I just can't stand Karen's character. Her "tough mom" dialouge that shuts Raph up and earns Don's respect is pretty lame and she is way too overprotective of her son, who seems like a pretty pathetic kid who still relies on his mother for everything. I realize that dysfunctional family dynamics like these are very common, especially in divorced families, but it makes both human characters very hard to like.

Fantastic writing. The OCs... not so much.
Blazichu chapter 2 . 7/9/2011
I apologize in advance for being completely off-topic, but I've been distracted since "Bobby Billet" was mentioned, and simply have to ask- is he a shout out to Billy Bibbit from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Either way, that's awesome