Reviews for Safe Haven
jankjay1 chapter 5 . 2/28/2013
OK, I'm now crying. Happy?
Silver Lady chapter 5 . 4/11/2012
Just when I think I can't hate John anymore than I already do, you go and make me hate him more! I can't wait to write a fic of my own now and bash the $$ myself! _

However, I LOVE that you focused on the comfort-giver as Pastor Jim for once. The show tends to focus on Bobby, but I think Pastor Jim was probably the main rock for the boys when they were little, with Bobby being secondary (with all the fights and blow-ups he had with John, II think John wouldn't leave the kids with him as often).

There's no way that Bobby would have put up with John's bullying of Dean like Jim did in this story, but that's not the point, is it? Dean dropped out of high school in canon, we're not told why, and this is an AWESOME explanation for it (very likely too). I betcha Jim was also the one to coax Dean into getting that GED.

I'm also curious about this Jordan fellow. I would love to see some Dean/Jordan interaction. Maybe best friends? Dean looking up to Jordan like an older brother? Maybe even a little puppy love? _
EmmelleN chapter 5 . 3/5/2012
Beautiful story! Thank you.
MyGuiltiestPleasure chapter 5 . 11/21/2011
Wow! I don't think I could dislike a fictional character even more than I do John Winchester! He is most selfish, stupid, ass whole of a father I can think of. Love is sons? John doesn't love his sons he owns them. He uses them like tools and discards them if they're not functioning to his specifications. All this crap about protecting his sons for what? What quality of life is he protecting for? Being caged up from society only coming out of the pitiful darkness and lonliess of their life to battle to save the world for everyone else not looking to have a happiness of their own. Poor brainwashed Dean just getting by with the crumbs of life because he's been taught that's all he deserves. Smart but angry Sam knowing that something is really wrong with the life he and his brother are forced to live but lacking the tools to do anything about it. All the helpful bystanders like Jim, Bobby, Caleb, Jordan, Ellen, And the rest letting PTSD suffering John drag his kids around, torturing them both mentally and physically. They're freekin enablers and John has them all by the draw strings. Yeah Dean needs Sam and vice versa but damn isn't it fair to say that Dean was conditioned by John to not need anything else? Look at Dean now in season 7. He's awkward, and moving clumsily through life because the child that needed him so much for survival now can take care of himself. Sam is a man and has seen and done all the things Dean has and more and come out the other side just as broken and surly. The little innocent brother is gone. Dean is lost and really has nothing but the hunt of which he never really truthfully wanted...not alone. So it's a crying shame that anyone would think that John should have those boys. You see I don't like the conditions I've heard of in the foster care system, but not all of the stories are horrible. There are success stories. I'm a foster parent and I give my daughters 100%. I want to make their lives better and give them the tools to be successful at whatever they chose to do in life. I think the certainty of John destroying his boys from the inside out should cast doubt on the minnute possibility that foster parents would. My daughters are siblings and were kept together. Sam and Dean would probably have been kept together as well. They probably would have gotten decent foster parents too. There was a chance fr them to ave some happiness in this life with John they only have a unknwn warriors death to look forward to and a firery pyre.
frostfalcon chapter 5 . 10/2/2011
Just reading this again, I tend to come back to this one from time to time and I realized I never left a review. I like all your stories but this one just makes me wish Dean got a little more then just the forgiveness of a father that should have been begging for forgiveness himself. You can really tangle up the heart strings but good, thank you for that and thank you for taking the time to write and share with us.
laily.spenstar chapter 5 . 4/16/2011
I've read this story before,but it wasn't completed I forgot to continue reading when it's ,love the lovely Pastor Jim,who died tragically in the series too soon,and also Caleb.I love to read about the Winchesters with other characters they were close Dean!Got thrown out of his house(or should I say motel) and got injured when he was glad you bring back some important characters to help him may not show his love to the boys,but there are others who nice story!
Drayconette chapter 5 . 1/7/2011
Wow. John is... I don't even know the right word. He never apologized at all! Or took back anything he said. He didn't even say he cared about Dean. He basically just guilt-tripped Dean and told him he had to take care of everybody else... Worst father ever!

But anyhow, great story!
Nana56 chapter 5 . 6/25/2010
Really sad. But, if it hadn't gone this way we wouldn't have the wonderful show that we love. :(

Nicely presented. :)
tomash chapter 5 . 6/25/2010
Great story but so sad. It is always Dean that makes the compromises and gives up everything for his family. Looking forward to your next story. K.
CAB60 chapter 5 . 6/25/2010
Would have it killed John to tell Dean he loved him or at least that he shouldn't have kicked him out. Yea, I know he wouldn't have but I'm a Dean girl and just want his father to finally appreciate him. At least in your stories Sam appreciates him. Loved the story and can't wait for your next one.
cold kagome chapter 5 . 6/25/2010
cold kagome chapter 4 . 6/24/2010
awwwe.. poor dean... dean need sammy! . . . . . . .. . they need each other.. so be happy and safe... john is asshole/ he never think.. , ,

can't wait for more.. .. . .

awwwe wish sammy did run away.. from john and go dean,,. . .pouted
CAB60 chapter 3 . 6/24/2010
Another great chapter, especially the part where Dean tells Jim what he wants. Looking forward to chapter 4.
cold kagome chapter 3 . 6/23/2010
Omg! Poor dean! And sammy! They need each other 2 be happy!.. ...john is a asshole...pout... are the brother going 2 meet soon?.. Aw so sad... ..
doodlechick12 chapter 2 . 6/23/2010
I love the story! Please update soon!