Reviews for Stuck in the Middle
luvagoo chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
*giggle*

And I knew exactly who was speaking at all times, if that's any satisfaction for you ;)
rijane chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
LMAO - love this piece - very cute! Our poor Serenity boys - such mean parents, but at least we benefit from their pain!
Kitty Otaku chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Jayne is perfectly characterized, and Wash is, as always, hilarious. It took me a couple takes to understand exactly who it was speaking, but that was only because at the time I read this, I'd watched a total of four episodes. Now that I've finished, it's easy to see who's speaking.

Great job, I really enjoyed it!

xD
meridian-rose chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Very funny! I love that Mal goes quiet too when confronted.

"More conspicuous than a 6'4" illiterate holy man who spits, cusses, scratches himself with gusto and bench presses 360?" was a great line.

"Simon's parents were not particularly creative people and never rebelled against anything." I couldn't agree more :)
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Heh. My middle name's Irving. I was named after my father. Finally, I feel in good company!
MusicMagicMurder chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
lol, great story. What is Wash's 'suggestive' middle name too bad to put up here on FF?
Fractaledsymmetry chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Haha. I enjoyed this even more than the last one I read. I wasn't always sure at first when Shepherd was speaking, but you've got Jayne's voice down pat. Your Mal and Wash are also excellent. (Can't say anything about Simon as one line isn't much of a gauge.)

Favorite lines: "Those initials in that fine orange hat of yours say otherwise" and "Your mother was that desperate for a girl?"
stupidpenname chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Hey Ella. Great little fic. I'm a sucker for a snappy one-shot. And I'm a sucker for names for some reason, too so you've really given me a good fanfic fix. Whedon always has characters with really exotic or unusual names. Great for characterisation but probably not a whole bunch of fun to live with. Particularly for Jayne. I realise that the dude has had a rough life but surely the 'verse doesn't hate him enough to make his middle name me "Marion". Then again if he had a decent middle name he probably would have used that.

And yet I still like marion as a name more than Irving.
Jadzia Bear chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
This is brilliant! I love the challenge to both reader and writer of the all-dialogue style. You write each character so skilfully that you provide all the information we need to know who’s who purely through your perfect choice of words.

It’s also absolutely hilarious, from the very first line (which I ADORE!) to the last line. I also love “Those initials in that fine orange hat of yours say otherwise” and "Your mother was that desperate for a girl?"

I’m dying to see this as a full story!
RionaEire chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Ruttin hilarious, made me laugh really hard, I wonder what Wash and Simon's middle names are? I was glad you mentioned John Wayne at the end because that was the first thing I thought of when I read Jayne's middle name. If you ever get a chance to write this story I will be a big fan, someone pretending to be a monk at the abbey to try and help Book sounds funny. You['ve got the dialect down well here, what a funny drabble, one of the best drabbles I've ever seen.

Riona
Bytemite chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
MIR and JMC. :) But no Hoban middle name? Surely Wash's mother, being willing to punish him with his first name, gave him a DOOZY of a middle name.
Mokibobolink chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
LOL! Loved this so much. I like how with just dialogue I was still able to tell who was talking, you have the character's voices down so well.

Wow, seems like all the boys on the ship have unusual names/middle names.

Wash's first name always cracks me up, mostly though because it's acutally my mom's maiden name. So I have a whole bunch of Hoban's to deal with all the time. LOL.

Well done!