Reviews for ab igne ignem capere
This is so beautiful. I love your original plot and the way you seem to understand every character's development. Especially Azula. Please don't abandon the story.
So what happens?
RiRibzzrr chapter 1 . 4/6
This is so good, author-nim. Pleaaaaaaaase update.
haraguo chapter 9 . 8/11/2016
nothing can sadden me more than that hateful date near the top. last udated, oct. 29? 2010

2010 is more than half a decade ago. i know that in another half decade, it will remain the same.

my cheeks are wet after reading this fic. and similarly so, after seeing that date.
sakamism chapter 1 . 1/19/2016
Just finished rereadong and wanted to say this is a great story even if it's never finished. Thanks for sharing it with the world.
Yunrii chapter 9 . 12/24/2015
i love this storyit's awesome! I'm really sad you discontinued it though.
darkworkangel chapter 9 . 3/5/2015
why are you not finishing this story it's great is there a chance of you putting it up for addoption
novelreader chapter 5 . 12/9/2014
I love Azula!
Hate Hate Ozai!
Zuko so spoiled... yeah well he was *sighs* thanks for reminding me lol xD
novelreader chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
Ugh you write so well that I sort of wish you wrote the Fire Nation siblings childhood backstory because I could easily imagine Zuko being in this Azula's place and Azula being in this Zuko's place... yet despite the switch in roles and the apparent kindness in Azula and spoiled and I don't know rottenness in Zuko, they still are Azula and Zuko from cannon. Zuko's temper very much like in cannon (though there's a possibility in cannon that temper came from the lack of favor from his father), and Azula's obvious intelligence, I think both of them have the same sort of curiosity, they want to learn and get better whether it might just be for their father or otherwise. I think with Azula it may be otherwise, though I don't, she's so cruel and cold-hearted in the show that all I get is that's the basis of her personality, to exploit people's weakness, and only to learn if it helps her destroy, take someone down or become advantageous to her, whereas as Zuko, though not really seeming as learned, curious, or intelligent compared to Azula anyway (she's outsmarted his so many times, it pains me to say it), learns if it interests him I guess, like with the Dragons and the Sun Warriors.
I love your version of Azula so much that I kinda wish she had been the hero in cannon instead of Zuko. Don't get me wrong I love Zuko, but this Azula reminds me too much of a Fire Nation version of a young Queen Elizabeth of our time. So enlightened and hungry for knowledge and enjoys it for the sake of it, not to mention enjoying life and with so much promise. Not to mention an insatiable amount of curiosity. She's much more interesting then Zuko. If Ozai hadn't tampered with her, I bet she could have been great! She's also in a way a young female version of Iroh... though prettier I guess because I can't imagine a female Iroh...
I shudder at the thought of Zuko becoming another Ozai. It's scary and sad, because Ozai's pathetic in my view even though I found the father-son relationship in the show interesting and is able to like him just a bit because even in the show Zuko is like him in a way, and they both are not in favor of their fathers. It just makes it more tragic because in the show it seems Zuko is unintentionally walking in his father's shoes, but his destiny was much more brighter then Ozai's once he realized that he couldn't let people define him or what his fate/destiney would be. See with Zuko, it seemed to me that Ozai could have done the same a long time ago with his own father and made the right choice and become a better person, but when you have Azula as the disfavored child, and the devine hero, well I can't sympathize with Ozai... a part of me just thinks he's sexist, and I think Azula is way better then him anyway (which just makes me hate him more for messing her up the way he did)
Anyway that's my ramble. On to the next chapter.
sakamism chapter 9 . 11/26/2014
Aw, it really sucks this is discontinued (just when stuff was getting REALLY interesting) but it was still a great read from beginning to end. This is the kind of standard I wish all fanfiction stood to.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/13/2014
if you do not plan to finish this or rewrite it why not put it up for adoption it has a lot of potential
POKESPE-FAN chapter 9 . 12/18/2013
I really hope you finish this story, though it seems unlikely! This story is paced well and the world building is amazing. You are able to keep the rules of this world, and the characters beliefs consistent.

I especially love the character development. I find Iroh, Zhao, and to an extent Ursa's personalities very interesting yet probable in this AU. More so, is the difference and similarities between canon and AU Zuko and Azula.

Hope you update!
Darklooshkin chapter 9 . 11/29/2013
There's something beautiful about watching a dynasty collapse in upon itself. You relay that feeling effortlessly.
Trying -Helps chapter 9 . 9/8/2013
It a different story. I'm not used to people using different characters in the same story for a common purpose, not well anyway. You put a different take on everything. In some ways it's more realistic I think. Ozia (not sure about the spelling) does seem like someone who cares about appearance overmuch anyway so I can sort of see the story. That and Ursa being weak.
Take the Good Person Test, fourth search result on Google.
Guest chapter 9 . 3/31/2013