Reviews for The Robin's Tale
Lackwit chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
This is a wonderful tale! Spot on pacing and lovely little details that one doesn't often run into – the muttered complaints of the White Tree guards had me in stitches. Likewise the initial conversations between country robin and city raptors are a treat. Wonderful little characters to remind the reader that it is far more than the world of Elves, Dwarfs, and Men.
Darkover chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Dear Lady Branwyn: This was a delightful story, and very original! I particularly loved the robin's solution to the problem, singing when he was too small to fight. I'm a bit puzzled by your description of the robin's eggs, though. Robin's eggs are sky blue, but without any speckles of red or anything else. Of course, that is true of robins in North America, where I live. Maybe English robins are different. Anyway, this story was a pleasure to read. Thank you for writing and posting it. Sincerely, Darkover
Rugi chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I just loved this story. It was so nice to see the good animals taking part in the battle to protect their world. And of course it made sense that it would be birds - a nice call back to the Hobbit. I liked how you were able to portray the birds as birds who think like birds but still give them thoughts and the sense of being in a war. Really fun stuff.