Reviews for Freaks Aren't Allowed
Ventus Princeps chapter 4 . 6/26/2010
Your updates are so quick! The chapter was wonderful. I can't wait to see what happens next. I can not believe Dumbledore is being so stubborn about Harry staying with Severus. Idiot. Minerva being blown away into Dumbledore was fabulous! Keep up the great work!
badluck-ngprod chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Good couple of chatpers. Can't wait to see what happens next.
autumnamberleaves chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Very good chapter! Glad Severus is standing up to the old coot! LOL, any house that ends with "n," hehe. Love it.
attyfan chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Poor Minerva! Albus got off easily, again (at least so far).
ceara1888 chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
wonderful story.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
I liked the opening of this chapter, and the slow build toward confrontation, first with Dumbledore, and then (more puzzling, in terms of Harry's reaction) McGonagall. You've written this scene peerlessly, in terms of building our appetite for the next one.

By the way, in answer to your apologetic author's note: chapters are as long as they are. You're right to cut it where the scene ends.

Great work and looking forward to more.
Alifromnm chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Short but great chapter! Thanks! Look forward to you next update.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 2 . 6/25/2010
the opening scene, with LIly visiting Severus in his dreams, made tears come to my eyes-especially the phantom kiss.

.. and then her dream visit to Harry, where it becomes quite clear what her unfinished business is...

... and we wonder what dreams she sends Dumbledore, who so conspicuously failed in his charge. The closing lines of this scene chill the blood. "Muggles." Yes, there are things as scary as Death Eaters, and they're walking abroad _all the time_.

The scenes with food, bath, toilet, etc. make it really clear the extent of the abuse, without getting into lurid detail; you're matter-of-fact about it, as Harry is. It is, after all, the fact of his life.

and the discovery-of-magic scene is done in a nicely understated way. More facts of life, and some needed correction of some misapprehensions.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
If you take seriously Harry's dilemma as a child-which in canon is presented in such fairytale-cartoonish terms-then the opening scenario is entirely plausible, depending on how mad or malignant Petunia really is in her frantic desire to be normal.

The scene with the spirit-woman (Lily?) and then the bath... yes, those really hit hard. This child has been abandoned to his fate, and it's not a good one. On the other hand, this is the land of Story, and things look to be turning around... perhaps.
TheTruthIsInsideOfYou chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
:) Snape/Harry interaction was cute. Can't wait to see what comes next.
cubye4 chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
This is an absolutly amazing story!
AP Mom chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Very nice story. Well written and interesting. I even cried! Great job!
athenakitty chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
I do hope that Severus gets Harry up to his idea weight and height. It would be funny if the Dursleys get their just rewards for the abuse of Harry. What a lovely scene with Snape. Looks like Snape will need a ward that delay unwanted vistors.
Maloanne chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Only Severus would read a potion book to child! LOL.

I hope Dumbledore will realise his mistake... He is severely misguided. I hope Harry will never go back to his relatives!

I love the story, so far!

bookworm19065 chapter 3 . 6/25/2010
Sounds like an interesting story! Can't wait to see what happens next!
1,052 | « Prev Page 1 .. 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 .. Last Next »