Reviews for Escape From Paris
Sarah Crawford chapter 1 . 9/15/2016
As this story is so old, I'm not sure if you're planning to continue it, but I have to leave a review with the hope that you will. I don't often read unfinished stories, but this one drew me in, partly because you based it on the 1982 movie. Sir Derek Jacobi is one of my favorite Frollos, so it's good to see this version getting some much deserved attention. The first few lines are great. I can really feel Esmeralda's hopelessness when the rope seems to tighten around her neck. However, the rest of the chapter feels rushed, like you are eager to get on to the rest of the story and don't want to spend any time on exposition. When Claude rescues Esmeralda, we're given no details of his conversation with the guards, just told that it happened. They escape with no difficulty. The horse is even saddled and ready to go. Esmeralda instantly pours out her heart to Elizabeth. This might make sense if she seemed traumatized by the past events and felt like she had finally found someone to protect her, but we aren't given enough inner dialogue to make it believable. Part of their conversation seems to be missing, as Elizabeth knows about Claude trying to kill Phoebus without Esmeralda mentioning it. All of this would be fine in a first draft, but this story has enough potential that I'd like to see it fleshed out. Also, corsets didn't exist yet. That's really the movie's fault though, not yours.
Linlaah chapter 3 . 6/6/2012
I love the idea of the brothers playing a game like checkers together, though I have to say the rules and name of the game would have been much different in the 1400-1500s.
Linlaah chapter 2 . 6/6/2012
Finally, finally, I found the time to read this chapter, and I must say, amazing! :D Jehan is such a better character in your story than he is in the original. And Elizabeth seems the perfect match for him. :)
Linlaah chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
This is the perfect start to a story. I am absolutely hooked and my only regret is that I don't have time to just sit down and read the whole story through. :P Poor Frollo though... so misunderstood.
Wendy A.S. Cole chapter 21 . 8/28/2011
This is an amazingly done story that really brings to life a possibility of a romantic relationship between Esmeralda and Claude. Great work! :)
troesnaja chapter 7 . 7/30/2011
Hmmm I wonder how a lady like Elizabeth turned up in paris with someone like Jehan. Or maybe the houseis from some other relative and left to her. Still how does a british woman of that time end up in paris...
troesnaja chapter 4 . 7/30/2011
Claude should give her a dog, that might make her happier, a puppy. I think Elizabeths ideas are sound they will have to disguise her though. I wonder if Claude will teach her how to read and write I am prettty sure she cant do it yet (gypsy). I wonder if she will sing and play for them.
troesnaja chapter 3 . 7/30/2011
This reminds me of those regency novels like sophies choice or louise alcott's or wuthering heights oh love that one. I prefer brittain over france though.
troesnaja chapter 2 . 7/30/2011
Hmmm well maybe he is just subdued right now, he really has a borderline personality though. I always like dark stiff and brooding. I wonder what they will do now though, Esmeralda doesnt seem to be the household type although as she is a gypsy and living outdoors maybe she knows a thing or two. I am not sure if Claude has any posessions besides his life in the cathedral, how will they provide for themselves, they cant stay at Jehans forever...
troesnaja chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Hi, I like it so far although Claude seems a bit more of a wimpy person then normally. I did not like jehan in the past a total drunken looser who does anything for money, he seems a bit better here.
Aboshi chapter 21 . 3/15/2011
Please finish this story, I do hope you did not abandon it! It's nice and pleasant, mushy at times but I still enjoy it and would like to read more!
o0oChaoticBeautyo0o chapter 21 . 12/27/2010
You live! Oh that's alright, I'm going through the same thing right now as well. The Muses have left me and I'm in the middle of writing my own HoND story .

Keep it up and I'll alway be a faithful supporter DD
Silvertongue90 chapter 21 . 12/14/2010
I'm glad your back, I've been longing for the next chapter so I was pleasantly surprised to see it this morning. Loved this and hope for more soon, I also hope school gets easier on you :)
lalala777 chapter 20 . 12/12/2010
Absolutely lovely.

I always thought, if The Hunchback of Notre Dame had a happier ending, Frollo would end up with Esmeralda!

Thanks for the fantastic read!

Love, Lalala777
Fangirl9001 chapter 20 . 11/5/2010
This is awesome. Please keep it up. :)