Reviews for Opheliac
Arioses chapter 19 . 12/14/2020
I was looking for Azula centred stories and stumbled on yours after scouting out good Fanfic on TvTropes and other forums. And i have to say you have a really good graps on Azula's character and how to potray her. You nailed it. Yet unfortunalty i got kinda bored at the end. Somewhere around the forest. It may be that i felt the other characters acted somewhat too OOC or maybe your OC where just not interesing enough. Still its a really good read and i recommend it to everyone, wanting to see a more Azula centric story about how azula would act after the war.
Srw chapter 19 . 6/1/2020
I didn’t think the last chapter was bad. Reason why is when you have a good story going. the reader reads the words and doesn’t analyze the chapter. At least that’s how I do it. Would like to read the rest.
AraelDranoth chapter 19 . 4/20/2019
Where to go from here I wonder?
AraelDranoth chapter 2 . 4/20/2019
I like it. The second chapter was a smash hit in my opinion and highlights Azula's personality perfectly... barring the sweetheart bit at the end. ;)
AraelDranoth chapter 1 . 4/20/2019
Hmmmm... A bit of a shaky start in my opinion but I find myself intrigued all the same. On to chapter 2!
Dethcat chapter 11 . 7/31/2017
Mini Sokka/Azul/Mai harem is OTP!
Dethcat chapter 1 . 7/31/2017
Damn, Sokka that was straight savage!
pyro-rocketeer chapter 19 . 10/1/2016
You write really well emotively. I feel for Azula even though I know she's being mislead by her feelings and this is really, really great!
pyro-rocketeer chapter 4 . 9/30/2016
Not gonna lie, Zuzu and Aangy-boy aren't fit for politics. They are too pure for this world.
I love your take on Azula's sadism. It's interesting to see her point of view on things, given how political and colonialist the Fire Nation was, and especially the effect of it on the fire nation's psyche, post-war. I've always found it odd, people assumed that the fire nation had no loyalties whatsoever after the war? Public opinion must really be fickle.
ZisforZombie chapter 1 . 11/3/2015
Hey there cupid-painted-blind, I read Azula's tongue lashing of Aang over on TV tropes (congrats for showing up on there by the way). And it got the old energizer plot bunny rolling. This is basically a more mature Aang's response to Azula. It either makes him more sympathetic, or it's the ultimate bash. Not really sure which it is.

*Aang takes a deep breath and starts talking.*

"I know what you're trying to say, the answer is obviously no. I couldn't survive in the world you just described. But neither can you. Look at yourself, an insane, manipulative, blood hungry warhawk. Don't even try to say you were born that way. No one is born evil, not Ozai, and not you. That world you described BROKE you. No one can survive that. I'm sorry you had to live through that..."

"I don't want your sympathy."

"Too bad. And you have no right to judge me. If Sokka hadn't pulled you out of that pit you'd be prancing merrily right alongside dear old daddy. And people died during those 'hiccups', by the way, good people. But I guess they don't matter because they weren't part of the Fire Nation. If I remember right, you caused quite a few of those hiccups. How many people died during the siege of Ba Sing Se? You don't know? Of course not. Let me just drop a number, three hundred and sixty two, that's right I kept track. That's how many people died during that siege, people you, your toy soldiers, and your precious drill murdered." Aang sighed, running his hand over his head.

"I could go on, but I won't because you would never recover if I did. So I'm going to skip to the end."

"You know what's really awful, princess? You weren't talking about me just now. What did you say again? Idiotic, naive, pathetic? That's your father, talking about you. The only reason you're here is because of two people, him and I. I gave you your bending. Your father gave you the best of everything, the best teachers, the best training, and the best love his black shriveled up heart could muster. We were both handed everything, princess."

"If I were a tyrant, I would take your bending right now, send you back to the boiling rock, and make sure Sokka never saw you again. But I won't do that, I'm not YOU. Now here's what's going to happen next. When this is over, you're going to find some professional help, do whatever you need to do to put your demons to rest. But until you do, you will STAY AWAY FROM SOKKA! Is that clear!" Azula bit back a snarl, opening her mouth to shout down the uppity little brat. But Aang cut her off.

"Good, now that that's settled I'm going to catch your father, cripple him for life and send him back to the boiling rock." Aang marched away from the stunned Azula. Then, almost as an afterthought, he spoke again with unnerving cheer.

"You're right, I need to stop running. But if I'm going to do this, so are you. No therapy, no avatar." Zuko bristled.

"You're holding my country hostage!" He shouted.

"It's her country too." Aang said decisively. "She'll do it, she has to. Ozai taught her the Fire Nation means everything." He looked squarely into Azula's eyes. "Right?"

Azula didn't answer, she couldn't answer. Staring dumbly into space, she tried to wrap her shattered mind around what the naive little boy just said. He'd found every last raw nerve she had, and twisted them until they snapped. Slowly, Aang made his way to the mad princess' side. In a shocking move he wrapped his arms around her.

Everyone tensed, ready to pry a screaming Azula off of Aang. But that didn't happen. She just stood there, she couldn't move, everything was numb now.

"I'm sorry, by the spirits that was awful. I'll never do that again, Azula. I'll never string you along like your father did. I hope you can forgive me. And even if you don't, I'll always be there for you, just like all my other friends. Goodbye, Azula, I hope you find peace in this lifetime." And with that, Aang was gone. Zuko didn't stop him this time.

And that's about the gist of it. I felt you should read it since your Azula inspired this little speech. I'd love to hear your opinion on it.
Anon chapter 19 . 9/16/2015
Woah. Woah, woah, woah.

I do love your Azula and your Sokka. I have a thing for strategy and complicated war plans and secrets, so I love this whole story in general. But it seems like this story will never be finished... Are you still writing fanfic anymore?

If you're reading this, know that you're an amazing writer and I hope you're still writing.
Anon chapter 3 . 9/16/2015
Loving Azula already, and you're definitely bringing reality into the choices made in the finale. Great dialogue as well.
Anon chapter 1 . 9/16/2015
Ooooh sarcasm, wit, anger, and scathing conversations - this sounds like my type of party.
Craz chapter 2 . 4/7/2015
Seems like an aang bash for some parts.
tsukinopen chapter 19 . 3/15/2015