Reviews for Show No Mercy
interestingstuff chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Ooooh I like.
waterlit chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I like the way you develop some background for minor characters. And the descriptions are really nice and pretty!
Rickashay chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Oh my, this is perhaps one of my favorites so far. My brother and I say that she is our favorite past avatar but you made her so...real...and true. Well done and by the way, I love the ending wiwth he rtaking the air out of his lungs. You'd think that a lot of airbenders could do that.
Rayneken chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
So. Freaking. Awesome.

I got some serious chills reading this. It was so well crafted, so calm and yet filled with brutality and a subtle mixture of passion and the complete lack of feeling. Very, very well done.

Props.

Rayne
ReadR chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
i love this. 'pulled out air from the lungs' is what i've always been thinking as effective killing method ever since i know air is an element. i know another reviewers saying chen seems cruel, but for all we knew the king maybe ozai at her time. or not.
JESUSFREAK-And-Proud-Of-It chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Whoa, totally new take on Yangchen. Pretty dark, but I liked it. Now I'm not sure I like her so much...
electric gurrl chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
So pretty. And, well, I can't say more without repeating the same compliment over again, that you brought life to a character who was fairly interesting, but has hardly in backstory. I mean, she seems different than the other airbenders, and this shows that very much. The description is perfect too. Short but very powerful. Nice.
Lady Dragon chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Great oneshot. We don't really get to know much about Avatar Yangchen, even Kuruk got a bit more backstory then she did. However, given the fact that she told Aang that his duty was to the world and had to give up his own ideals to do what was needed, I imagine she had some tough decisions she had to make during her time. That said, this was a nice look into what she might have possibly had to deal with and the use of airbending as a more offensive maneuver. Well done!
Scarletty chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
This was a pretty scary story. Yangchen seemed very... forward about her powers and her status as an Avatar. Very un-airbenderly like. I hope that future Avatars will learn from Aang and just severely cripple insane monarchs with delusions of grandeur than kill them with totally cool bending skills.
May Eve chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I love this. O.O The whole idea of airbending as an offensive weapon just jumped me over the head and now I've got my own drabble (but with Aang) rolling around with the plunnies. Is it alright if I borrow your "pulling th air from the lungs" trick and maybe a line in the summary? *gets down on her knees and blinks big puppy eyes*
Schwarzd354 chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
One of my favorite aspects of the finale was that every Avatar told Aang he had to kill Ozai, but what really made me think was the fact that another airbender said the same. That showed that the Avatar has to, completely and utterly, place themselves beyond the principles of their home. Because they aren't just an air nomad, water tribesman, etc. They represent the entire world.

I love how you show that with Yanchen's brief introspection. I see this scene as similar to when Roku fought with Sozin in the palace, except the ending is different here. Imagine if Roku had been willing to end the threat the way Yangchen was.

Awesome piece, I love your one-shot stories. XD