Reviews for Thermal Clips
LadyDrillKnight chapter 1 . 5/18
Bravo! This is the first Mass Effect fic I've read and I enjoyed it. Quality writing.
aceofqueens chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Hah! The thermal clips didn't bother me at all! In Mass Effect 1, I kept hitting R to reload whenever there was a pause...you know, out of habit...and kept wasting grenades. Why couldn't ME1 just be like every other shooter, EVER?

Then again, I played a soldier in ME2. Used only assault rifles and never had to change weapons. Hehe.
Eva Galana chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Okay, so figured I'd read this since I'm in the ME universe and I'm having trouble getting back into DA. So, light reading, right? Naw...

This is far too funny, Wyl! I completely agreed - the limited run through I did not ME2 had me scowling at my screen, wondering how the hell I'm supposed to get through the fight without any ammo! I love your Shepard...far too funny! And Miranda and Garrus' responses to his rant at Anderson ('They're the closest thing to a girlfriend..." "It was confusing for me at first...")...wonderful!
ChampionTheWonderSnail chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Hooley...! You played this mission on Insanity? I played this on casual and I still died multiple times. I remember running around desperately trying to find clips while the rest of the team killed everything for me. It was pathetic. I hate those things...And I hated the IFF mission even more.

This fic though, is insanely hilarious. You write battle so darned well it's like being there. And poor Shepard. Clearly saving the galaxy several times over doesn't count as 'getting out'.

Really, I need to catch up with your fics. Reading them is such a treat. :)
Snarkoleptic chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
I had to start here, if only because slightly neurotic protagonists speak to me. Shepard's final thought? Can't tell you how many times the same thing flew out of my mouth, and still does when I run ME2. And I freaking HATE that fight.

Wonder what it says about me that I knew Hilda was a gun before the flashback even happened...

Miranda's reactions in the flashback rang true for her character, for me, and the number of times she's had to hear the rant - which definitely does the summary justice, I'll add here - only brings to mind the number of times I thought the same damn thing on the way through the game.

And overall, it was easy to get involved. I got a sense of the military outlook through the whole thing, which I think too many other Mass Effect writers blow over entirely. Shepard is military - being dead for two years isn't going to change that.

Have to admit after my last comment to you that I had certain expectations for the level of enjoyment I'd get from your writing, and I'm definitely not disappointed! :)
2.71828 chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Wonderfully fun little side story. I liked how you stuck the rant in a flashback, with the other characters getting frustrated about it. I hate it when an author just dumps their rant into the hero's mouth while the other characters just stand around acting like their every word is sacred.

I didn't have as many problems with ammo, but I prefer to play as a full biotic or sentinel. Lots of powers to throw at the mooks :)

Good stuff, keep writing!
Bre'Lakor chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Poor Shepard... I'm not sure whats worse, having to go through all the useless junk you pick up in ME1 or constantly searching for thermal clips in ME2. Kind of makes me wonder what it will be like in ME3... let's hope they don't smoosh both together, that would be such a pain!

I love the slightly psychotic Shepard you have written - I think anyone going through what he (or she) has would end up slightly deranged by the end of it. Hell, my Shepard wanted to recruit Urz on Tuchanka because she was that out of it and crazy by the time she got there! I could just imagine Garrus' expression... Anyway, I think we have established before that I have a habit of taking things off topic, so I will wrap this up now. Great work, very amusing! :)
demonicnargles chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I second Shepherd's motion to kill everyone that decided to replace ME1 weapons with ME2 weapons. Whoever thought up the bright idea to go from infinite ammo to finite ammo needs to be shot.

I liked it.

-demonicnargles
LuxDragon chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Yeah, okay. This has just about everything I complained about in ME 2. No HMW weaps, thermal clips, and lack of ammo on the damn mission.

Thanks for the laugh. It's better than a rant.
Moonlight M3lody chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Haha. I love how silly blunders could be made into humorous sarcasm. I found a lot in this site, and this one's a bit different. You don't find humor fic written as serious as this so often,but that's what make it twice as funny.

Writing them off might be better than yelling in front of your TV,yes?
Turnip the Scintillating chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Too true. Far, far too true.

I have that problem all the time...!

Then I learned the joys of melee combat. Punching a geth in the flashlight shouldn't be so delightful, but it is. Risky to health and mission success, but fun.
OniGanon chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
If you took the shotgun on the Collector Ship and used the Viper and Predator you wouldn't have this problem.

Your shiny damage per shot numbers don't help you when you're out of ammo.

Just saying. :P
Megaolix chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Bwahaha... I completely agree with you here. ME3 better have either corrected that problem or give us the ability to use thermal clips saved from others guns.
Grimlok chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Awesome ... just awesome, damn near made me fall out of my chair.
Selkit chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Bwahaha! This is brilliant. I'm with you-I freaking hate the thermal clips. Far as I'm concerned they're just pointless crap the developers threw in there to appeal to the shooter crowd. Gotta love how they completely contradicted previous canon, too. Thanks for writing this; it was oddly therapeutic!