Reviews for Smile
sasunaru13 chapter 1 . 8/22
i always picture both of them like this. thank you. this is beautiful.
Alix the Alien Cyborg chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
"You can't con a con man. But you can smile and watch him con others."
Such an awesome fic! Loved it. I was really needing some RusAme in my life
Blasen chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
A fantastic fanfiction!
Ankhasia Riddle chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
clever. they really have met their match in one another
enigmaecstatic chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Cool story. I support the idea that America has more to him than it seems. I mean if he can choose not to read the atmosphere then he can certainly choose TO read it as well. And no, while Russia is manipulative and a bit(very) sadistic I don't support insane rape!Ivan either. I'd rather see fluff or something and dramas good too, but I look through pages of rusame and find nothing but weird things and rape rape rape. Anyway, that's an interesting idea, that they're both sneaks and can see it in each other.
EverDarkSilver chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Very interesting interpretation. I like it quite a bit.
SexySpectrum chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
"he reads them like a book while pretending he can't see past the cover"

Ireally, really, liked that line! :D
FifthDayOfMay chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Which I doubt they ever will. And if they do theyll stumble into it entirely by accident. I think Ivan would like that, he'd laugh and America would roll his eyes. Awesome story, I forget sometimes that Alfred really is just a child, especially next to countries like China France and Russia. So of course Russia would be slightly surprised that he's so much like him.
Cacow chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Wow...-lost for words- The way you portray these characters is just amazing, you have out-awesome-ed Gilbert, and that is a hard thing to do. The last line, is just perfect and strong... really. And the way you described the smiles, in comparison to the others was brilliant!
Cattiechaos chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Beautiful portrayal of these two characters - especially Russia. It's hard to do the balance between cheerful/sweet/childish Russia and 'rapetruck' psycho, but I think this was pretty darn win :3 Especially the "his greatest weakness is his greatest strength" bit, and the part when you compared America's and Russia's smiles. They do seem to be the characters that smile the most in the anime, although both of them don't really *mean* it. Russia smiles because he can't react any other way and America smiles because people expect him to. So thanks for the read :3.
EEevee chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Good job, you hit my headcannon dead on. Plus I like the way you laid the fic out and think the length is perfect.
Fai'swingedchronicles chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I want to see their faces when they all figure it out too.

sequel?

This story was so very sad. It be the kind of story that I wouldnt like to read (yet would and would get addicted) because of that if it were longer but in this 'shorter' version I enjoyed it completely.
catskid100 chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Wow. You writing style, for a lack of better words, is amazing. Just. wow.

I have nothing more to say other than that was beyond awesome.

-catskid100
PianoIsLove chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I like this a lot! You have a very interesting style, like nothing I've ever read before! :D
pilotofsound chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Ah I really like the tone and the imagery you set with this fic. the almost suffocating pace of their encounters, of Ivan's thoughts and his fascination with Alfred, and the really...and I may be wrong, but the subtle hint that maybe, just MAYBE Alfred is just a tiny bit ahead of him in the whole grand scheme of thing. Like he's just a little brighter, knows just a little more...

anyway, awesome job :)