Reviews for Crossfire and Consequences
Thunderweb chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
I found this fic mentioned at "Transformers Bunny Farm" at LiveJournal. It is on the post uploaded at 2014 March 29th.
What a tragedy. It is scarier since it could actually happen. (Those idiots really deserve Darwin Award.) Poor Bluestreak... I hope him to get better someday.
Foxbear chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Wow...

This is a crazy moving story. I think the most powerful aspect is that it feels so real. Like I could just see it happening.
Happerry chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
It's an interesting idea, but honestly I can't take how you handled it seriously. Yes, that was a very sad thing, but their is a war on. I can see Bluestreak taking it badly but not that badly, and that result is just idiotic considering that their is a war on. Do they want to make all the decepticons know he's normally unarmed and an easy target if they see him outside? And it should have been a military court if their was a court, anyway. This wasn't a civilian issue, it was a war time one...
Murgatroyd chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Yes, something like this would happen. Battle-watching, after all, is a fine old American tradition, dating back to at least 1861.
Yoru Hana1 chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
I agree about the darwin awards. I feel for her mother, but woman! Your daughter was quoted prior to this that she felt this was an exstream hobby! The Autobot's aren't the only ones, or even the main ones at fault!
CoraxOnyx chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
This was very thoughtful and (as always) well written. I think the epistilary style suits the subject very well and gives the events a real sense of immediacy. Poor Blue, he makes such a good woobie, but those missles have been known to miss before so he's a logical choice for the central character in this story.

I enjoyed this even though it was a little sad. I do wonder how Marcie's Law will affect Spike and Sparkplug and Chip, tho. Or is there an exemption built in for emergency and military personnel that they could claim?
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Sad and insightful. Keep writing
flamingmarsh chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Sad but a well written story. Like how you did the journals :)
Jason M. Lee chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
As one who took a few lessons on journalism (and part of the News staff on front paging at one of the TF fan sites), nice touch on the "articles". :D Good reporter-vibe in them.

And excellent point on the Darwin Award mention. Seriously, it's no different than civilians WILLINGLY risking themselves during situations similar to a standoff or a shoot out (and the reason why police always tell everyone to stay indoors). Gah. It's amazing how far we got on the evolution ladder. Journalists who are assigned to the front lines, on the other hand, have reasons and they aren't there just as spectators. Watching NASCAR is probably more dangerous? HA! At least that's under a controlled environment with precautions designed for human safety in mind!

Love the "blog" by that police officer, how NYPD has nothing to compare to Portland PD, and his other points.
Negare chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Occasionally stories are written about human's sustaining injury, but I've never come across one where an Autobot was actually taken to court over it. I also liked the way in which you used several different POV's throughout.

Does hammer home that some humans are just looking for a reason to dislike teh Autobots even more.

A well written story indeed. I think more could have been added, but the length and detail you gave it were sufficient to get the point across. Kudos!
MissCHSparkles chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Wow, this was a magnificent story, great job. I loved all the different points of view in it, the whole thing was very well written.

It is funny how certain laws are only passed once some people have died but we can only hope these new laws prevent further deaths.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Very nice! It all could have happened. I happen to live in Portland, so I can tell you that the background research is impeccable, and I don't mean woodpecker-proof. The local paper is called the Oregonian.

A lovely little epistolary fic. One sees them from time to time, but rarely so well done as this.
Anodythe chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Actually the Autobots should sue the humans for emotional distress. We always like to act as if we are in charge until something goes wrong, then we blame someone else. The Darwin Award...a good reminder that we can be intelligent beings when we want to be, its just that some people don't want to be.

Good topic, told in a very real way. These are the kind of stories I like most. The ones that peel back the outside layers or armor and show the Autobots as thinking, feeling beings.

Ya know, my folks always told me, "If you do something wrong and you get hurt...it's YOUR fault!" I teach that to my kids too.

Thanks Kenya for an insightful, moving tale!