Reviews for B for Boom
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
Love your Luna, Love your Ron. Love blowing shit up with shit. Disagree with reviewer who thought dragon dung would be less potent because of lack of methane. I don't think methane is a potent ingredient in a fertilizer bomb. AFAIK, you use the fertilizer itself, not the fumes from it, to build a real fertilizer bomb, therefore the methane has nothing to do with it.

Artificial fertilizers are always high in nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, and possibly sulfur. I'm not sure about the potassium, but the other three make spectacular effects when burned. Ammonium nitrate is now a controlled substance in many countries because of its potential use in fertilizer bombs (see wikipedia article ANFO) so ammonia is an important dung component too. (Ammonia is usually more concentrated in the urine, though.)

Dragon dung should make excellent bombs, because of course it is magical dung, and therefore has lots of quintessence (the virtual chemical responsible for all magical reactions.)
iamtherealmaverick chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
I'd love to see a chapter two... ;)

M
Ganjapanda chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
"Then again, Muggles blew things up with shit. Maybe it was the world that was mad..."

I'm not much of a reviewer, but I thought you'd like to know that line made me crack up. Very nice story.
Lord Sia chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
I'm no fan of Ron, but Luna deserves (and so shall have!) my support in whatever she does.

Now, about those Ringworlds, clearly old news! The latest theories point towards Dyson Spheres, which are therefore not only impossible to detect but also ruin many forms of astrology by concealing key stars, thereby disrupting the accuracy of various predictions, casting a shroud over divination and thus securing the advantage of foreknowledge for the involved factions...
jgkitarel chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Well, I can say that there is a bit of charm to making things go boom. Considering the time, and England's experience with the IRA, it would be hard NOT to know that certain things can be used.

Still, Luna's Plan B? Amusing.
Overactive Mind chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
You'd think with the firebreathing and all, dragon waste would be far less volatile than cow or horse. I guess methane isn't at a premium when you don't always have to obey the laws of physics. :P
Bluepencil chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Yo, AJT. :) Nice story bro, but you might want to rewrite the opening a little. Sounding a little PL there.
Enlightener chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Bonding over explosives... Harry potter style
kyugan chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
lol, wait till the twins learn of this.

Hermione: Whatever possessed you to do this?

Ron: Research for my book.

Hermione: A...book?

Ron: Yes, I'm thinking of writing a book.

Mrs. Weasley: Oh? *Motherly intrigue* What kind?

Ron: Still working on a title, something like: 'How Blow Shit up with Shit'...

Luna: Catchy.
Cateagle chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
snicker A short but fun read. I would hope they'd be more careful in the future. Of course, the biggest question is how to deliver such a weapon (if there were no wards against it, a portkey would make a nasty delivery vehicle).
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Very good part here, a lot of fun to read about Ron and Luna learning how to blow stuff up real good, LOL.
lord Martiya chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Er... If Ron looks around, he'll find the most letal bombs are filled with nails and shrapnel to kill more people over longer ranges. Will he find out that fact?
Boots chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Wow, I hope you write about Lunas next plan...this was very cute! I like Luna/Ron much better than Hermione/Ron. I have to get off the computer or I would write more,

-Boots
Innortal chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Thinks going boom is a primitive joy all mankind knows.

And the wizards have just discovered it too.

Loved it, and if possible, I can only dream what Plan C (C is for Concussive) would be like.
katdemon1895 chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
luna rules, yay for explosions, hopefully next time they'll use the malfoy mansion as their test site