Reviews for My Dear
HT chapter 3 . 5/26
Cute!
easilyaddictedgirl chapter 2 . 1/8
I very much loved the last sentence!
easilyaddictedgirl chapter 3 . 1/8
I wish these were longer because they were utterly adorable!
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 3 . 7/13/2014
Aww! This chapter is incredibly adorable. It's cute how Charlotte enjoys hearing her husband read aloud. The awkwardness of him explaining it to her just adds to the overall cuteness of this story. Of course that kiss at the end is lovely. Wonderful work with this story.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 2 . 7/13/2014
Wow, that beginning is pretty scary. I never thought much on William's past, so it's good that you chose to include it in this story as it gives more insight to his character.

It's nice to see Charlotte able to comfort her husband in a time of need. The fact that she calls him by his first name is sweet. That last line speaks volumes on what he's been needing for most of his life. You've done a great job with giving such depth to this often overlooked character.

Wonderful work with this chapter.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Aww, what a sweet story. I also like to imagine they eventually found companionship in one another, if nothing else. I love the line, "A real, sunny, spontaneous smile that was nothing like the one he put on for Lady Catherine." How cute to know that her presence alone can make him feel happy.

The bit about him not having friends is a good detail. What more it's interesting to see that Charlotte realizes that which helps the situation.

Lovely work with this chapter.
Haiza Tyri chapter 3 . 4/22/2014
How very dear this is.
meriland25 chapter 3 . 5/11/2013
Such an interesting,well written, sweet fic! I look forward to read more of it!
Eienvine chapter 3 . 5/1/2013
When you write these two, they are so unexpectedly good together. What a perfectly lovely fic.
KatrinaJG chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
I admit that I'm in the camp of 'not liking Mr. Collins' and while I dislike stories that portray him as a thoroughly reprehensible man (he is not, just bloody annoying) I never saw the potential between him and Charlotte. As a bit of a romantic myself I could never understand Charlotte's decision and thus I assumed she was in for a trying marriage. I'm glad to see that is not always the case. This was so sweet and lovely and I am a sucker for 'come to love' type stories and this was just a slice of perfection. I may even like Mr. Collins somewhat more now, as long as this is their future.
audiblyausten chapter 3 . 4/24/2013
Ah! This was so excellent! I've always wondered if Charlotte would manage to get along with Mr. Collins, and how... The part about his nightmare was the sweetest to me. Was it a memory from his past? It was just so sweet that dear Mr. Collins awoke to someone really taking time to care for him. :3 Ah, this was so lovely!
r1965rd chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
It's rare that I come away liking Lydia, Mr. Collins or Mrs. Bennett. I find them all to be usually selfish or foolish characters.

I came away loving how Laura wrote Mr. Collins, in both "For Once In His Life" and in "My Dear". He was sympathetic. Charlotte turned out to be exactly the sort of loving and patient wife, needed to draw Mr. Collins out.
Gen-in-the-Eve chapter 3 . 11/7/2012
Despite feeling that I have experienced Pride and Prejudice in every possible medium, I have never found this viewpoint. I am rather intrigued by the idea that Charlotte would come to love him, that there are good parts she hadn't discovered. It seems almost like you have abandoned this, but I enjoyed reading it all the same. Refreshing perspective on such an old classic.
Rumrum chapter 3 . 10/30/2012
I thought these were beautiful :) Finally, someone is being nice to Mr. Collins! Might there be any more like these in the running? x
FancyFreeThinker101 chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
Woo hoo! I always kinda loved Mr. Collins; I wish Austen had developed him more as a human being, rather than a charicature. Lovely, lovely job; I rather like the Charlotte/Collins pairing now.