Reviews for Songe d'Automne
Lozcat86 chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
This was a fantastic piece of writing, very in keeping with DuMaurier, and just the kind of ending i wished was in the book. I loved it. Thank you
cyathula chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Beautifully written! I'm impressed how well you've kept them all in character and managed to attain the same dreamy, fleeting written quality of the original. I feel this is a much more fitting end for the de Winters and I'm so relieved to have read it!
Missblue chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Beautifully done and faithful to the original.
Erzsi chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Perfect ending! I love it
geomagic chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Excellent!
Virtuella chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
"But if there is a place in hell for those who have done murder, there should be also for those who, out of love, condone it. There is no need for us to anticipate the judgment of the Almighty by making our own little hells here on earth."

That really made me stop and think.

A beautifully flowing story. I haven't read the novel this is based on, but have glanced over a summery, and this seems to tie up the lose ends very well.
Morthoron chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Excellent reconciliation of the original Du Maurier tale. You picked up the cadence of the author to a tee. You caught the second Mrs. De Winter's attitude and outlook wonderfully. It would be so like her not to seek vengeance on Rebecca by totally altering the rebuilt wing of Manderley; instead, the room dimensions stay the same, but there are only color variations and some minor changes. Loved it.
Olorime chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Ah, this is a much sweeter ending to the book. I rather like it. I don't know how you manage to recreate Du Maurier's rather long style of writing, but you've done it flawlessly. I thought for a minute that I was reading an alternative ending to the story instead of a fan fiction.

I like the narrator's observations on Rebecca's character playing the last wicked joke on Maxim. Those exact thoughts crossed my mind while reading the book, thus my dislike for the character.
Clodia chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
It's been a long time since I read that book and it creeped me out so much that I forgot as much as I could and as quickly as possible; this story makes me think I should probably reread it, when I find the time. A lovely piece, thank you!