Reviews for Soul
Esther Huffleclaw chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
Iroh is my favourite character, so this broke my heart. My eyes are full of tears as I write this. There are no words.
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
And this is precisely why Iroh is my favorite character. So much depth, so much fatherly sacrifice. He's wise, an excellent leader, he loves unconditionally and forgives readily, and he has a great sense of humor. Best of all, none of these make him a helpless character in need of protecting. He can kick butt and take names with the best of them. Heck, he IS the best of them! He's the heart of Team Avatar even if he's only a supporting member. But watch out, because that heart is capable of giving those who deserve it a beatdown!
RedheadedMarina chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
This is a lovely, sad story. I like your use of imagery and taking us through the losses that Iroh has experienced. This is a fully realized and complete story arc, and that is difficult to do with so few words. Well done.
Madam'zelleG chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
I'm not at all familiar with this fandom, but I found this to be very enjoyable. I was very impressed with your summary, because I saw such truth in it. I applaud you for such a summary choice, as that is one of the most important parts of a fic: it is often the deciding factor for a reader when choosing what to read.

Your way with words really made me feel for the characters. I liked the general tone and the way that you are able to give us just the right amount of information to help us follow the action. I really liked the note that you chose to end with. That was simply lovely!

Overall, this was excellent. I really enjoyed it, and I'm so glad that you decided to share with us!

Cheers!
Galvantula866 chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
This was really sad, but don't take that as a insult. In fact, I found it to be a delightful little read. I can easily see Iroh dealing with his pain the same way you described in your story and the fact that you did so in less than 500 words is a impressive feat in and of itself.

I enjoyed reading this as much as I hoped you enjoyed writing it. A real bittersweet tale of family, loss and most importantly of all, love.

And really, if more people were willing to love instead of hate, then the world would be a much better place. In closing, I loved reading this story and I'm glad that it was brought to my attention by the good people of the RL,T forums.

I just wish it were just a tiny bit longer, but that's a minor nitpick at best.
P2tbAnimeGirl chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Nicely written. Your attention to character is fantastic. Not OOC at all. Iroh is one of my favorite characters simply because of how deep and thoughtful he really is.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Poignant.
CheddarTrek chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Aye, very nice. Iroh had faith in Zuko but even he didn't realize how much he *cared* until things went south. The return from that was great and is one of my favorite scenes from Avatar. It's nice to see what Iroh was thinking expanded on.
SpiderRealm chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Don't understand what's going on here, haven't seen this show in a long time and kind of forgot some of the characters name, but this is good! :DD
Terahlyanwe chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Iroh has always been my favorite character! Poor guy, this is exactly how I've imagined his brain worked.
Raichu chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Touching. Iroh is my favourite ATLA character, and you've captured him well.
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I wish you had gone into a bit more detail on things in this story. My favorite part was how he felt about Zuko's scar. That was really touching. When you mentioned the part at the end with Zuko kneeling next to him it brought me back to that part in the series and I got teary eyed. Great job.
SiriuslyPeeved chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
This is a lovely character piece - I'm new to the fandom, but this is making me want to know more about it so I can fully appreciate the story. I particularly loved the passage "laughter chiming through the grassy plains," very evocative and brings a sense of place to the story. Nice job.
darkaccalia520 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Oh, I loved this. Iroh is one of my favorite ATLA characters, and you captured his backstory very well. Yes, he had some very hard times in the past, but I always felt like he got a second chance with Zuko. I always liked that they had a close relationship, and I really loved how you showed this. Well done. I truly enjoyed. :)
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This was a really stunning piece. I loved how you described Iroh's son as being his soul, and that his loss was exactly like losing that piece of himself forever. I also loved how you made the comparison to Zuko's father; abuse contrasting with love, and then finished it off with Iroh giving his love to Zuko. It tied the piece together very well.