Reviews for Not Your Average Teenage Fairytale
ComposerDragon chapter 15 . 11/29/2011
Don't beat yourself up! Or... let me see... "I should just go into a corner and cut myself. I know, I should curl up in a hole and die."

...

My God.

It's just Teen Titans! I think your grandpa having a freaking HEART ATTACK and technically DYING takes higher priority.

Sorry. Didn't mean to bring that up. That probably didn't help.

But don't worry about updates, really. It's YOUR story, YOU posted it, YOU came up with it, YOU have to fit YOUR time to type/write around YOUR life. I don't see any space for THEM (or "US", if you want to get technical) to decide anything about the schedule. We're just gonna have to wait as long as you need, and I am perfectly fine with that. We ALL should be (glares daggers at the INFIDELS!). Sometimes life is a bitch. Fanfiction can come second.

Take all the time you need. Seriously. No pressure.

...

I'm going to go burn my soapbox now.
WorriedAboutThisStory chapter 14 . 10/20/2011
Great story, but I'm wondering... how long will the Hiatus last? It says the latest date for an update would be early July.

Please tell me you haven't given up on this story. It's one of the best I've ever read.

BTW, I'm sorry people are hating on your love for Soul Eater (great Anime, wish it had been longer); I personally want to punch those brainless oafs into oblivion.
Butterfree chapter 13 . 9/4/2011
Yes yes, I haven't reviewed for 13 chapters but I hope a longer one will make up for it ;

Firstly, I LOVE how you're not rushing through each turmoil in Raven's life as well as each Titian's role in the story. A lot of people would hurry into the part where Beast Boy would sweep Raven up into his arms and brisk her away in the sunset, but you had it be a lot more realistic than that. You managed to do that while keeping the story interesting and letting the readers know that you're just a dedicated to every other aspect of the story as you are of the romance part. Great job on that.

The way you so detailed-ly explained how Raven delt with everything happening in her life was great too. You didn't have her becoming too dependent on Starfire while also not making her seem stubborn. Though I do think you could lessen the crying scenes a bit. Over-doing them takes away the effect it has on the audience for those more important scenes when you make Raven cry for the lesser-important ones as well.

To some extent, that can also be implied to the amount of detail you put into the text. I've seen people using length as a method of showcasing time as well as significance. If you writer more for one scene, it implies that that scene is more important within a shorter time frame. For this story however, it's just been kind of mixed up and too long.

Anyway, despite those things, I'm really enjoying your story so far! The scene with Vic following her and comforting her in the abondaned playhouse has to be among one of my favorite parts for how touching it was.

Overall Rating for 13 Chapters: 8.6 / 10

Thanks for the read and good luck with any future writting!

TwisterKirby
A Friend chapter 14 . 8/12/2011
I've never reviewed your story, but I have read it for a while. (Keeping my account name a secret) And I love it. I know what it's like to have stories in one category, and start liking another, trust me, I have 16 stories and one crossover dedicated to Twilight, but I've started liking FF's for another show (Nickelodeon's Victorious). So ignore these bunch of morons being bitchy and rude, and pay attention to the positive reviews. And if any of you said-morons are reading this, leave Techno Skittles the hell alone and get a freaking life! Please, for the people who are actually being kind, and who like this story, update soon.
hailee chapter 14 . 7/5/2011
I ment not hiding hiding against them
haliee chapter 14 . 7/5/2011
I admire you for hiding against your haters and problems it takes a strong person to do what you did!
ela chapter 14 . 7/5/2011
wow it has been over a year since you publish this story cant believe a whole freakin year has pass
CrypticMoonFang chapter 14 . 6/20/2011
Im sry sum ppl r sp rude 2 u... i hope i wasnt being rude! But im glad ur out of ur rut. And dnt listen 2 those overly criticaal ppl. They suk n dnt know anything bout writing. Good job pointing out ur frustration toward them. Most authors just try to deal with it but u confronted the problem. If they dnt like ir stry then they shudnt read it. If they hav complaints bout the frequency of ur updates then they shid back of n deal with it!
rachel chapter 14 . 6/11/2011
Summer's my favorite season my garden is blooming and old fanfics get renew and new one get publish. The days I can hear bluebirds sing and no-more April rain. Midway bridge to me getting closer to end of my student career oh these are the things I love about summer.
rose chapter 14 . 6/10/2011
It's a cruel cold world out and everyone gets a taste of that bitter drink by the time they're 13. Not being morbid, just truthful and when is Raven bday (in our fanfic) since me and my friend were talking about the series the other day. He mentions it's werid that only Raven birthday was celebrate since she's not the party girl and when are the others? cant help but wonder
suki chapter 14 . 6/10/2011
That was a verbal strong arguement of the 1 amendement there girl and BB's in the picture and what drama are hold in storage for our favorite titan? and how to plan to write the birth chapter because most have to start out with a big bang and end with the new mummy look at her baby tired as hell, but eyes and smile saying it's all worth it now
cheri chapter 14 . 6/10/2011
So glad the runt period is over for you, but want to jail the people who did that to you. You had a bad expirence and handle very mature beyond your years since most 14 years love drama so much they MARRY IT! 16 years old it never gets anybetter and the new scandal's at school some girl cheated on her boyfriend who took the virgin plead and now's prego by his best friend. That's the juicy teen drama in High Point, North Caroline and how geography close is Jump City away from Goatham City (cant wait for the new batman movie and my cousin-sister lives in the shadows of the bugh!) No wonder why teens make good plotlines and tv shows to be made of them
norah chapter 14 . 6/8/2011
Absence makes the heart founder went to extreme in this bookcase and I read the first 13 and loved the wicked realitess of teenaged life it helps to write a teen pov when you're one as well equaling fresh breathe of writing cause I use spark notes for older 18 centuries books, but I know this story by heart.
kevin chapter 14 . 6/8/2011
Since the king of the dochebags wouldn't giving the greens to show for his love child and ex girlfriend. How's raven getting to get a job cuz my sister was fired from her job at 'family' eating workplace for being pregnant and not having a father in the picture for my nephew. Baloney so I gave the bible thumber a piece of my mind and black eye so will raven face discriminate outside of school because I was watching the late 80 Dergassi series and they kicked out well forced Spike to do home schooling for going through with her pregnancy and that was the fucking Canadian school board. I'm a guy and I admitting you have a quirk for these fanfics you write here and New York Times Bestselling here comes techy skillets!
dark.violet.luminescence chapter 14 . 6/8/2011
Go You! That rant was awesome.

BOO to all of your haters -whatever you want to call them- because this story is AMAZING!

Oh, and in the last chapter during BB's intro I was giddy through the whole thing because I knew he was coming.

Heh…that's all my review…(-)/" bye.
443 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »