Reviews for Not Your Average Teenage Fairytale
dark.violet.luminescence chapter 13 . 6/7/2011
Yay! BB!
Aza chapter 14 . 6/6/2011
You have every right of the first amendment to do this bitch rant and BTW I respect for putting up this rant cuz its shows you're strongwilled and dont put up with anyone COWSHIT
elle chapter 14 . 6/6/2011
something good may come out of this life leasson
kya chapter 14 . 6/6/2011
tough break man but on the brightside I looking foward to the new chapter
Timothy the paperclip chapter 14 . 6/6/2011
Hullo,

So, here's the thing, I don't normally read fanfictions like this, because I know the situation all too well. I've been through high school and I don't need to experience it a second time as another person. But something compelled me to give it a shot. And I'm glad I did. While I'm glad everything's working out for Raven. I'm a bit sad. I have never met someone who could do that to their own flesh and blood. I hear about it. I know a handful of teenage mothers personally, and each one of them has a different story.

One who has an autistic child, who believes that the power of prayer can save her child. The father is drug addict. Another, who is working right up until the week of her due date of her child, so she can afford a crib for her baby. The father is unemployed and not willing to look. I think if you have a child on the way, you are not above working at McDonalds. My cousin, had her child at 16. The father of course high tailed it out of there. But she worked hard and has a decent job at a vet. And her son is possibly one of the most kind and understanding boys in the world.

That said, there are a lot of people who do get pregnant and just have their parents take care of them. They don't work, they don't try to do anything and they never try to finish school. I admire Raven for trying to finish school. I am just praying she's not going to try to live off her inheritance. As I know someone who does live off her parents and doesn't help herself.

The thing is, I know Raven's stubborn than this. I know she would rather carry the burden all on her own than tell anyone about these things. There are things in this that resemble Raven from the series. And I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy it just doesn't seem terribly in character at some points. Other times you've got her spot on.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I do love your writing. But something seems so off about this Raven. Reactions that might seem normal to other people, but not Raven so much. Or maybe it's the shift in an alternate universe. You take away Azarath, all this stuff about being unable to express your emotions and you just get Raven Roth. I'm not entirely sure.

I've read some of your reviews like you suggested. And while there are some that are genuinely heart warming. There is much to be desired in others. Sometimes I wish people would spell check or at least make their reviews literate. But I agree some of the reviews are just down right disrespectful.

I apologize for this long review. I guess your ranting inspired a rant of my own. I'm looking forward to your next update. And I'm sorry if my review comes across as rude. I don't mean for it to be that way. I'm never sure if it does or not. I can't wait to see how Beastboy interacts with Raven.

Lots of love,

Timothy
chittychittybangbang16 chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
damn you tell 'em.I'm sorry that people are being so irritating just because you happen to have a personal life.
AnNyanimous chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
You go! I hate reviewers like that (though personally I don't have any cause I never post "). I completely agree with your friend and I know where you're coming from. At the moment, I'm more focused on getting Lemonade Mouth it's own category. Doesn't mean I love Teen Titans any less. It will always be a childhood favorite in my life. You had complete right to bit-ch at the rude reviewers. Can't wait for your update!

Nyanimous-chan
Bang Rowdyruff chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
wel. even tho im one of the few lucky writers to be able to never hav writer's block and hav yet to get a bad review (except 1 that was retarded instead of bad...), i get wher ur going at. Soul eater is awesome and ive made several videos on utube about it and am currently thinking of makin a fanfic. besides, cliffhangers only giv people enough time to guess wat happens next and be imaginative. i dont no, but if u hav written a soul eater story, and is more interested in it at the moment, its ur choice to write on it. maybe itl even give u ideas for any1. srry for the long review talking blah blah blah, but i totally agree wit u. upate again wen u can.

ur friend,

Bang Rowdyruff
canadamathewwilliams chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
I like Soul Eater, it's funny :) i hope u get to LOVE it!
rawr8923 chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
Nice bitch rant:) sometimes that actually has to be said, ya know? I had a review on an old account that called one of my stories an 'oozing piece of elephant diahrea' mature right? What ive read of your story so far, it's really good, actually written better than most stories seen on ff. Idon't see how people can get pissed if you start to like something else, its not like you said 'hey readers f u, i found something new' you said that something else had captured your interest, and updates would be slower. I kind of understand how you feel, i'm a huge bleach fan, and i love teen titans, but there are other animes and such i enjoy more. So i respect you're decisions and how you feel about the situation. This AN was written very well, you didnt come off as an attacking bitch, it was written and read off in a very mature way, so honestly kudos to you for being the better person and not going apeshit. :) I hope to seen an update soon, just because this is a great and original story, well paced, and well written, and I would like to continue reading it. :)
FelynxTiger chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
Why do people tent to do that? ugh Thats is just stupid.

Well i want to say first, hi!, i haven't review your story. I'm sorry.

The thing is that long time ago i saw this story and i was like hey let's give it a try, at the time you onle have the prologue, i errr lost track of this story, yeah sad, but now i find it again!

Your doing an splendid work, it's super awesome the way you play with the caracters. Even though the story makes me laugh and cry at the same time i love it!

I don't mind how much it takes you to update as long as u finish the story! see u next ch.
RavenRulz chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
I just finished reading all the previous chapters and they are really, really good. It's cool how original your story is, there are so many fan-fics out there that are practically the same as others. Don't worry about those people flaming you about taking too long (Do you want to borrow my fire extinguisher? hehe). Just take your time and make it as awesome as you possibly can! :)
Toph the Trickster chapter 14 . 6/4/2011
O.o

You're right, the reviews for the previous chapter IS annoying and as an FF writer myself, I can understand the frustration.

It's understandable that you're having other interests besides fanfiction - or in this case Teen Titans - as it is human nature to explore different things and grow. (There's also the fact that I am not within rights to complain about slow updates considering I've pseudo-abandoned one of my older fics already, but that's besides the point.) On a personal level, I don't mind if you want to take your time, as it's your life and I wouldn't know what you need to go through in order to do whatever it is you do; when you do update, thank you for the effort, and when you can't there's nothing wrong with that.

Take it easy, take your time, and well: trolls are going to troll and haters are going to hate no matter what part of the internet they're in.

sincerely,

Toph the Trickster
WolfBloodBaptism chapter 14 . 6/3/2011
I remember reading this story when it just had a couple chapters. I probably would have reviewed sooner and more often, but I lost my computer and have to use my phone.

Anywho, I love this story. Its well written, and other than a couple gramatical errors, no major mistakes. I would love to read more, but I'm not gonna tell you to update more often. I understand that authors have a life outside of fanfics, and while I admittedly don't, its no reason to force chapters that aren't there. As such, you got my support your rant.

WolfBloodBaptism
TwilightAnimeLover21 chapter 14 . 6/3/2011
Yeah i can't get into my account. XD Anyways, Seriously I understand what you are going through. I love different types of anime Teen Titans, Soul eater, Yu Yu Hakusho, Etc. Dang people, show some respect for this girl, I know the pain of a writers block, I've been through plenty of them and I'm going through it now. :P So seriously people, just be patient and wait for the update.

And Skittles, Have fun trying to work on Both Soul eater and Teen Titans! You rule! :)
443 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »