Reviews for First Contact
Shaw Fujikawa chapter 14 . 8/31/2010
If my iPhone randomly reloads the page when I'm almost done writing my review again, I will never, ever, EVER try to write one on it again. Period.

Okay. Is it possible to be offended at yourself? I probably would be in a heartbeat right now. I've seriously been slacking in my reviewing lately. I don't know why.

Remember when I said that any events happening after the scene on the hill would feel rather tacked on? I take that back now. Looking at the thing as a whole, the event preceding look a lot like a story arc. Which I think does add a bit of professionalism to the story, though it's going to have to be pretty long to make full use of it.

I like this Colonel Lynch fellow. Seems nice enough, and I like his habit of keeping soil from his past visits to other countries as relics. Very 'Saving Private Ryan- er, Private Raichu'- esque.

So... let me get this straight. Pokemon used to or it looks like they used to exist in their traditional forms but they now cease to exist and now we have human-Pokemon hybrids here instead? I don't follow. Did some major catastrophe happen which wiped out the originals and had hybrids come in to replace them, or did they used to coexist until natural selection decided that the two didn't belong together?

Actually, it's blatantly obvious from the anime that species like Lugia can and do reproduce. In the games, only Manaphy and Phione can (for whatever reason). It's still interesting that you chosen only the gendered legends to be eligible for breeding nonetheless.

It's ironic that Lynch is in awe of the power of legends when statistically he's as powerful as quite a few and more powerful than more than quite a few. Dang. I know too much about this game.

Ah! Mirunas may be in on the act too, then? It could be a red herring, but it makes a lot of sense. I'd just started wondering how a militia force like Tamsus got access to expensive military hardware like armoured vehicles. Not to mention supercomputers and all the necessary equipment to arm their whole fighting force. Next thing we need to know is the motive.

Eh. Battles don't seem like something that a military would do to me. It's like having the US troops out in Afghanistan having paintball matches in their spare time. It's great for morale, most definitely, but surely the cost of maintaining it all isn't worth that and the small amount of experience it offers to the two combatants?

You can... change your... IVs... mid battle? I don't remember a move that does that, either that or Sirius knows a lot more about moves and abilities than I thought. He's a good battler, though, I can see that.

Heh heh heh. Very glad to see Sirius and Siria make it up to each other. Fitting way to end the arc. And you even bookend it by repeating the 'SLAP' which I loved to see at the start of the story. Fits the title well.

It's a pity I'm a foreigner, then. Bleh. I swear to god British medieval history is all about tyrannical kings and arguing between them and the Church. I don't know why we never study foreign history too. I'll just have to take the other reviwer's word for it, then. X)

Remind me to review the other three stories I missed when I wake up, lol.

Infinity WEAPON chapter 14 . 8/30/2010
A return to normalcy was US president Warren G. Harding’s campaign promise in the election of 1920, after WW1.
hironada chapter 13 . 8/28/2010
Uh, I'm pretty sure latias' don't have legs, just short fin like things
Galalithial chapter 13 . 8/27/2010
Hooray for Physics! Uh... I want some more action!
Shaw Fujikawa chapter 12 . 8/21/2010
Weird stuff going on here. I first checked my emails and tried to access the chapter and it says it's an outdated URL. Fanfiction's a really temperamental site sometimes...

Anyway, some serious **** hitting the fan here. I'm honestly quite angry at Siria for being so selfish. Plus, I'm simply outraged at Levina, who starts abusing a very serious situation by taking the opportunity to settle her own matters and generally dick around. Sirius doesn't deserve all that abuse he takes.

You know something? At the beginning when Siria's having her nightmare, I stopped a little after she finds she can't move and instantly guessed that she was reliving a memory from Lanette's point of view. Kind of a shock when a Glaceon walks in the doorway instead of a Fearow, then. I think I've read too many amateur stories, lol - I'm forgetting the obvious things. )

Lol, Sirius is playing Advance Wars. He really needs to learn to counter bombers with fighters or missile units, though. Probably Dual Strike given that explosions from DoR are rather muffled.

So Shadrach is going alone, to find Siria, to try and bring here back to base when she's in a seriously distressed state. Now I'm not positive on a declaration of love sometime during that event, but it looks almost see-through. I'm also willing to bet that there's going to be something militarily significant too - in a way everything else afterwards almost seems sort of... tacked on. Pardon my vague and misleading words.

Also, totally random question and unrelated, but have you seen Toy Story 3 yet? I'd like to start having an intelligent conversation with someone about it (I tried doing it with my sister, who B'AWWW'd at just about everything in ithe movie, but it ended up devolving into a series of variations of 'your face', so you can guess how well that turned out). )

Galalithial chapter 12 . 8/21/2010
Wow, intense and emotional chapter. At first, when Siria exploded I kept saying, 'Sirius is gonna explode right back, and then Siria will feel humbled by what Sirius deals with.' But it never happened, and I think it's better for it.

Good job,

Galalithial

P.S. Did you get anymore reviews/hits since the public mention of your story?
Infinity WEAPON chapter 11 . 8/21/2010
You're a very good writer! This story has many paths it may take, along with an almost addictive quality that makes me keep coming back for more. Keep it up.

PS: I GOT MENTIONED XD
redsalemence222 chapter 11 . 8/19/2010
Hee he, very entertaining. Keep it up.

PS

Movie ref from fantastic 4? I think?
Shaw Fujikawa chapter 11 . 8/19/2010
Been... too long... must... do something... ANYTHING!

Now, I'd held off on reviewing mainly because I didn't really think the chapter was all that important, what with it mainly being comic relief and all. Then I realised I had a pretty pertinent question to ask about it. Oh, and that you might get wrong impression that I'd lost interest. Yeaaah...

Rambling aside, ditto on the depressing previous bunch of chapters. I found the humour here to be a bit crude, but that's probably just me being prudish. Sirius is still a lovable rogue to me, don't get me wrong.

On Shadow, this Typhlosion bloke seems like a bit of a dodgy individual. Can't tell if he's one of those guys that ends up being killed by his own creation or the big bad of the story. I can't decide which one I'd like more either. Obviously from what he's said so far, things are gonna' get a lot worse before it gets better.

As for that question, I'm really at a loss about what era this universe would correspond to it terms of firearms. I've seen them use things like FMJ rounds and silencers, and then we see them using bolt-action rifles, which are pretty much archaic in comparison.

Also, when you updated the story several days ago I was literally in the throes of writing a reply to your most recent PM. No joke. )

Galalithial chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
Eh, I'm too lazy to find references, where is it? And to what movie? Can I have a cookie? Whatever, I don't really care about the cookie. I get the feeling Justine and Sirius have more in their future... and the kid, he will probably come back. So, are Tamsus evil? Or just given a bad rep by the dominant reputation? Cause the soldiers say no, and the scientists say hell yes.

I want more,

Galalithial

P.S. I WANT A COOKIE!
SharpThePen chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
Hmm...the only movie reference I can think of is 'The Incredibles', where only Violet herself can turn invisible, but not her clothes...

Anyway, I like this story! Keep it up!
Hironada chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
Huh. Couldn't find any reference, is it from a pokemon movie? And again, awesome chapter :)
Infinity WEAPON chapter 8 . 8/14/2010
Chapters 8 and 9 are the same.
hironada chapter 10 . 8/12/2010
Love this story :) update asap pls
hironada chapter 7 . 8/12/2010
Nice, an original story :) good one too
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »