Reviews for Letting Go
crtrk chapter 11 . 10/15/2013
Great work ! It was well worth the wait! Thanks for putting me in your master pice that was so fun to read ! I hope we see more from Jeff and Bogg,but all things in good time . Thank you for the story gift from all the fans .
Now on CHIPS NO FISH just CHIPS.
Sodakaj chapter 11 . 8/9/2013
I enjoyed reading this. It was well worth the wait.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 11 . 8/2/2013
Wow, what an amazing and descriptive cemetery scene. It engaged all my senses and I felt like I was really there with him. Lovely. Wonderful story. And you left it open for sequels with Drake developing a new mission…to maneuver Jeffrey Jones under his wing and pump his own ideologies into him. That would destroy Bogg more than hurting or killing him. Very clever. Excellent story. Hopefully your next won't take 5 more years! :)
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 10 . 8/2/2013
You used a very interesting theory, that people in history will not remember the Voyagers once they disappear. I like that. It makes sense so that history can flow as expected/written. If they remembered Bogg and Jeffrey at some point in time they would be mentioned as the unsung heroes or be captured on film. From the show we know Phineas was in 1919 Red Sox training. The newspapers took a bunch of pictures and reported on him. I'm sure VHQ loved that. :snark:

I love your description of Drake lighting the cigar. It was very true to his foppish character. I appreciate this glimpse into Drake's personality, giving him many layers and touches of humanity and the motives behind his bad exterior.

And love the further insight into the accident that killed Jeff's parents which caused his guilt. It wasn't his fault that nobody stopped to help when they had already crashed, but to know he didn't do his job by checking the fluids…wow, that would have really tore him up.

And girrrrrlllll…thanks for the beautiful images of Bogg diving over and over! ;D

It's touching that Bogg is so protective of him, but he does need to know when to let go. Great writing!
mcatB chapter 11 . 7/30/2013
Oh, Dayna! Wonderful end to this great, epic of a story! It did take so many twists and turns along the way and I gladly reread chapters as we went along to keep up with the new ones... Great job! You score an A!

And now you can write another one... ;p!
mcatB chapter 10 . 4/1/2013
Great chapter, Dayna! Well worth the wait!
leyapearl chapter 10 . 4/1/2013
Fifteen months is seriously worth it for a chapter like this. It also gave me the time to get caught up on the cultural references I missed in chapter 9. "Wibbly, wobbly" indeed. And you got Jack, too.

This story continues to be amazingly wonderful, complex and multi-layered. At first I was waiting to hear what happened to Georgia - I've been very proud of myself that I didn't immediately start researching her - and now I want to hear the Bogg/Drake story.

I love how you incorporate canon ("All the time?" Jeff's words were bitter and defeated."You don't, okay well you did in the beginning...") with how they both would have grown as time goes on. Jeff has grown up to be a young man Bogg can be proud of. Now Bogg just has to realize it.
leyapearl chapter 9 . 12/13/2011
I can so see Bogg reaming out everyone in his concern for Jeff's safety, and I loved Saunders standing up to Curt.

Poor Jeff to have Drake save him then abandon him. Seeing different facets of Drake can't be easy or comfortable. Impressive temper tantrum, though. It's probably a good thing Olivia was the one who found him, although the reunion with Bogg is something I am really looking forward to.
mcatB chapter 9 . 12/12/2011
Another great chapter, Dayna! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the reunion...
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 8 . 11/25/2011
Wow, that was some dream. And I see that Jeff is obviously *FURIOUS!* Because Drake is such a PITA. Olivia 'looks' cute. lol. Their little 'comfort' scenes together was adorable. And I see Phineas is *FURIOUS* too. Ouch. I like that idea that he's being monitored. good one! PENELOPE is going to get what's coming to her. She's cruel. And she did side with Drake in the Trial. It's great to finally read some backstory on Drake too. Nice work with that. And you redeemed him at the end. That's wonderful. Even if he's still nahstee. It works out well. Very well thought out and intricate chapter.
Jake Crepeau chapter 8 . 11/18/2011
"...but Phineas was GARTH's boy." Ain't that the truth! Nice to see I wasn't the only one who got that impression in "Trial." ;D
leyapearl chapter 8 . 11/17/2011
Whoo! So worth the wait. I love that you had Jeff save Drake even while still hating him, and then to have Drake ransom Jeff's life in return. Wow.

Poor Bogg, to have taken the blame for Drake's egotistic stupidity for all those years. And to believe Jeff abandoned him. I did love it, though, when Curt refers to him as Garth's boy.

And then Jeff's guilt over not seeing Georgia again. So sad.

Great chapter.
crtrk chapter 7 . 6/5/2011
Great chapter ! I don't know how you do it no matter how long your away from the story we're right back in , and it's as good as ever !

I feall like I'M in the story ! Thank you so much for that!

Keep up the great work , your friend for all time.
Mrs.Phineas Bogg chapter 7 . 5/31/2011
The descriptions of the initial trek up the mountain is amazing. I feel like I was there with them. Lovely writing! I love what Drake did for the little girl-hmm..a very Bogg-like attitude he displayed. I still can't trust him though. And I like Jeff's honest thoughts about the time with Sam Houston. He was quick to let a kid get hurt then. Love Jeff's German! LOL! Haltenzie! Movensie in, Bogg..haha. Such funny stuff from 'All fall down.' But what Hans said about leading a scientific expedition is true, and it's also true for being a Voyager!

That Drake! New he was up to no good!

I love the scene at VHQ, with a disheveled Brindle and Bogg acting like his old pirate self, It's a good thing Voyager Curt is so wise and level headed about this. Bogg needs to chill out, seriously. Yay for smartCurt! I got the clue in 'great heights' too. Come on Bogg! LOL. True to character, if he were calmer, he probably would have gotten the reference. Good one, Daynawayna! Very sharp writing!

This story seems like it's coming to an end soon. Not that I hope it ends, but I can't wait to read the concluding chapters and how Bogg, Jeff and Drake sort this mess out. Someone may be taking a flying leap off Kilimanjaro before it's all over! :O
Bookworm41 chapter 7 . 5/31/2011
Excellent Job and well worth the wait. Glad that they figured out where Jeff is. Can't wait to see what happens.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »